How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-10-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill
Hi Lily - if my husband's up to it (he's got jet lag!!) - I'll ask him to take a picture of my new brown baby tomorrow and post it for you to see. My bag came with the exact same small mark you mention on the brassware caused by the pin. My mum thought I was completely obsessive the way I was comparing the two brown kansas bags and checking that the one I chose was perfect. However, I am aware that in time it'll inevitably get some wear and tear that hopefully should just add to its charm!
Do you think Harrod's still has the other brown Kansas? If it is a local call for you, would you mind calling them to find out for me? If so, ask them to hold it and PM me with the phone number? I SO want that bag! (P.S. If it's too much trouble for you - don't worry about it - I know I'm much too busy alot of the time for anyone elses life but mine and my family's - and I HAVE bought more than a couple of expensive bags recently )

07-10-2005
backstage pass

Hi Vintage - the price of the Lanvin bag was quite "reasonable" (for a designer handbag!) - 745 GBP in Harrods.

Janyoung99 - I am afraid I am no longer in the UK but in France. The main store number from outside the UK is +44 207 730 1234 the lanvin bags are located in one of the "Rooms of Luxury" on the ground floor. I bought my bag late Wednesday and they still had the other one left then so there's a chance it might still be there.

07-10-2005
Adorable illusion

Thanks Grill, karma for you!

08-10-2005
tfs star

For anyone looking, there's a brown kansas on ebay from a reputable seller (she used to be part of dude's Balenciaga forum, and other tfs'ers have made authentic purchases with her): 5432546749.

08-10-2005
Adorable illusion

^ Its funny, I wonder how that ebay seller knew that Lanvin is an "it" bag? I think she must be a lurker or a member of this forum for her to know..theres def no coverage of this bag in the magazines I've read.. This is the only place where I've seen this bag discussed.

Also, im confused that she used the pic of AShley Olsen thats carrying a black bag that looks a lot like this Lanvin bag...but is it the same bag

I dont think I would buy from her if I were to get the bag..I dont like how shes put it up for 899!!

08-10-2005
backstage pass

It's a nice brown... I really like it... if I hadn't found my black then I would definitely considered this brown.

I'm not sure if Ashley's bag is the same but they do look pretty similar when carried.

Last edited by shalu; 08-10-2005 at 10:53 PM.
09-10-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill
Hi Vintage - the price of the Lanvin bag was quite "reasonable" (for a designer handbag!) - 745 GBP in Harrods.

Janyoung99 - I am afraid I am no longer in the UK but in France. The main store number from outside the UK is +44 207 730 1234 the lanvin bags are located in one of the "Rooms of Luxury" on the ground floor. I bought my bag late Wednesday and they still had the other one left then so there's a chance it might still be there.
Thanks so much for the info Have you looked at the ebay Lanvin Kansas - does it look like yours?

09-10-2005
scenester

that's the kansas bag, there are no fake kansas bags lurking around..... the price is very fair

09-10-2005
Adorable illusion

^ I disagree, I dont think the price is very fair imo

09-10-2005
scenester

i got mine retail for 1475 US plus tax and that's about what the opening bid is....... it's a great bag

09-10-2005
Adorable illusion

I thik its a great bag too..but Grill said her bag cost 745 and she put the opening bid at 899.

09-10-2005
scenester

well with ebay and paypal fees, she might make 50, 60 pounds... those fees are awful the stores I called too, had different prices, not by much, but they don't seem to be consistent....

09-10-2005
Adorable illusion

I agree as well ebay fees are outrageous! When I sold a couple of my designer bags online, they take a whopping sum of money.

09-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylove
i got mine retail for 1475 US plus tax and that's about what the opening bid is....... it's a great bag
Mine was slightly over $1600 at a local boutique...

10-10-2005
trendsetter

I was at the boutique yesterday and was offered the (supposedly) very first European batch of the PYTHON Kansas bag in brown.

Saw it, loved it, bought it!:p

Here are some pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kansas1.JPG (176.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Kansas2.JPG (201.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg KansasJetSet.JPG (148.8 KB, 39 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin