Lanvin Kansas and Kentucky bags - Page 12 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
11-10-2005
Adorable illusion

Taitai, just to echo everoyne on here..your bag is beautiful! Its funny because I remember when the leather ones didnt do it for you! I really want to find the black leather version..but it seems to be impossible to find!!

I hope they carry on making these bags!!

11-10-2005
backstage pass

As of this afternoon, the Paris Lanvin boutique had both a black and a brown python Kansas bag on display. The price was 1400 Euros.

11-10-2005
Adorable illusion

Someone bought the ebay bag! I cant believe it..they payed so much extra

11-10-2005
trendsetter

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

Grill - after reading your post, I'm now trying to call the boutique!! Paris is selling the python for the same price as the leather Kansas? (i,400 euros is about US$1,600 in the States) I could have just driven to Paris.

11-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalu
I love how casual and funky the leather ones looks (like on Lindsay and Ashley Olsen) but I also love how luxurious and unique the python looks- they can be used for entirely different looks. Ok, I know, now I'm just rambling on making excuses for why I need both of them.

Taitai, what coat did you order?... I love your taste!
Thanks Shalu . You can justify getting both bags because they are soooo different from each other. They don't even look like the same bag. (To help encourage you further, I have the green & python spy and find that they're equally unique and couldn't be mistaken for the same bag!)
(OT but to answer your question, I am getting a dark dark brown wool winter coat, with little grossgrain detailing. )

11-10-2005
backstage pass

Taitai - don't panic!!! I bought my leather kansas in London and the price was 745 GBP - so I figured it would be around 1050 Euros in Paris. The US prices will always be higher for something that has been imported from Europe the same applies the other way round. Where did you buy your bag??? If you bought it in Monaco 400 extra euros (if you paid 1800 euros for it) than the Paris price of the python seems too much but if you bought it in the States perhaps you are paying the import price???

11-10-2005
trendsetter

Thanks Grill, but I am still in a bit of a confused state! I bought mine directly from the MC boutique and Monaco & Paris prices should be almost identical, give or take a few euros, but not hundreds.

I also bought a chiffon top and I'm kind of annoyed at the thought that I'm paying more than I would have if I had just driven 7 hours to Paris Anyway I am going to call first thing tomorrow.

11-10-2005
V.I.P.

oooh a black python kansas?! interesting... urgh hope it'll still be there by the time i get back!!

taitai, i hope you get that resolved! i really think it would mostlikely be a mistake on the paris boutique's part... it's really odd that they would be selling a python version for the same price as a leather one

Last edited by meowmix; 11-10-2005 at 02:01 PM.
11-10-2005
scenester

hey ladies, i saw the same python kansas in the Singapore boutique yesterday. Retailing for S$3899, 1k higher than the normal leather ones. Those who are interested should hurry as they again only brought in 2. i wasn't that interested because in my opinion suede handles means that it can get dirty easily, especially in our climate. just my opinion =)

11-10-2005
backstage pass

Grill, what did the black python look like? Was it nice? Shaded or all one color? Thanks!

11-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
Thanks Shalu . You can justify getting both bags because they are soooo different from each other. They don't even look like the same bag. (To help encourage you further, I have the green & python spy and find that they're equally unique and couldn't be mistaken for the same bag!)
(OT but to answer your question, I am getting a dark dark brown wool winter coat, with little grossgrain detailing. )
I'm glad to hear that they are so different from each other.... I think I might have to call my Barney's SA to see if she can get it for me! I can't believe how much I'm spending on bags... but I love both of them. The only other bag I have more than 1 bag in the same style, different color are my Balenciagas.

Your coat sounds beautiful! Enjoy!

11-10-2005
backstage pass

Shalu - whereas the brown had variation - light and dark brown, the black was more uniform in colour. They are both mat python.

TaiTai - I can't believe the price discrepancy between Paris and Monaco, both pythons were definitely priced at 1400 E here - hopefully you'll get some of your money back unless there's some grave mistake.

11-10-2005
backstage pass

Grill, Thanks for the info- which one was your personal favorite?

11-10-2005
Adorable illusion

Hmm..as much as I think the python looks luxurious and really eye catching, I want the leather one as a day bag

11-10-2005
backstage pass

Shalu - I already have the Kansas in brown leather which I adore. If I had a choice over leather or python in either of the colours I would go for the leather version. The python and the leather are very different kinds of bags. The leather version slouchy and more of a classic bag in my opinion. Whearas the python is much more detailed - there's quite alot going on with this bag - it's kind of busy but in a nice way -and structured, more formal. As I have already the brown leather if I was going to buy another Kansas bag it would be the black. All that said they are all wonderful bags!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin