How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-10-2005
fashion elite

feefi - May I ask which color did you see? And why don't you like it. I'm on the mission for one in black coz I want it to be different color from the brown silverado.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

13-10-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
feefi - May I ask which color did you see? And why don't you like it. I'm on the mission for one in black coz I want it to be different color from the brown silverado.
klow-chloe,

I saw the brown python.. it's a nice bag but a bit too trendy and loud IMO. I really like the black leather one.. it's more classic and I love how the black brings out the gold hardware..

13-10-2005
fashion elite

thanks feefi

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

13-10-2005
V.I.P.

i really really want to head over to the lanvin boutique right now, but i think i'm absolutely exhaaausted from my flight... my hesitation about the python is just the suede... i really want to be able to use it everyday. has anyone heard anything about them bringing in more leather ones?

13-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
Does the black python have suede handles as well? Is Lanvin sold in Prague or Zurich? Will be there in near future...
SoCal, why not drive from Zurich to Geneva - there's a Lanvin boutique right smack in town. You can also take the ICN train (they leave every hour I think.) Lanvin shopping aside, it's a very lovely drive anyway.

13-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
SoCal, why not drive from Zurich to Geneva - there's a Lanvin boutique right smack in town. You can also take the ICN train (they leave every hour I think.) Lanvin shopping aside, it's a very lovely drive anyway.
Taitai - does the Geneva boutique do womenswear??? Apologies if it does, but the Lanvin website is really unclear about this - it lists boutiques in London and in other parts of the world that only do the yawnsome menswear!!! It would be a shame to go all the way to Geneva only to get a load of shirts and ties!!!!

13-10-2005
Adorable illusion

^ Grill, does the London Lanvin boutique carry bags? Sorry if that soudns like a silly question, but I've enver visited one of their stores ebfore and passing by it the other day it looked like only menswear

13-10-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefi
Lumine,

I saw the new python bag too.. the SA called me when he got the bag because I've been buggin him for the kansas. It's really nice but I decided against it. Its back to waiting again.
yar i think the python's kinda loud too. i really like how my leather black one brings out the simplicity and detailing of the bag, making it so timeless. =) its worth waiting for, one day you'll get it!

13-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
^ Grill, does the London Lanvin boutique carry bags? Sorry if that soudns like a silly question, but I've enver visited one of their stores ebfore and passing by it the other day it looked like only menswear
No it's not a silly question. It's Lanvin's website that's silly!!! It lists all the Lanvin boutique's in the world and doesn't indicate which ones sell womenswear and which do not. I know that Lanvin's Bond Street store sells menswear only and the only womenswear boutiques are Paris, Monaco and Japan. I am not aware that there are any other standalone Lanvin womenswear boutiques. It's a bit silly really as the company seems deliberately to not want to satisfy the demands of a growing customer base.

13-10-2005
Adorable illusion

^ Thanks Grill, I tried to give you karma but it says I have to spread reputation

Maybe its to keep Lanvin as exclusive as possible not to have a lot of womenswear boutique worldwide.

14-10-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumine
yar i think the python's kinda loud too. i really like how my leather black one brings out the simplicity and detailing of the bag, making it so timeless. =) its worth waiting for, one day you'll get it!
Hopefully... I'm still waiting. This bag is so elusive, which makes me want it more!!

14-10-2005
V.I.P.

i saw the brown python at the lanvin boutique here today... it's such a beautiful bag in person . i would have jumped on it right then and there if it'd been in black guess i was too late... the shape is PERFECT. and as for the suede... even though it was on display, it looked like it was in good shape.... i think this one will age well. i enquired about the leather ones and the grumpy man said that this was it... they're not producing anymore and that there aren't any more black ones.

14-10-2005
Adorable illusion

^ Thats not fair! I wanted the black leather one as well, it would have made the PREFECT day bag

14-10-2005
V.I.P.

seriously! i loved it even more after seeing the shape of it on the python... of all the bags in the boutique, the kansas was definitely the most beautiful and versatile...

14-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill
No it's not a silly question. It's Lanvin's website that's silly!!! It lists all the Lanvin boutique's in the world and doesn't indicate which ones sell womenswear and which do not. I know that Lanvin's Bond Street store sells menswear only and the only womenswear boutiques are Paris, Monaco and Japan. I am not aware that there are any other standalone Lanvin womenswear boutiques. It's a bit silly really as the company seems deliberately to not want to satisfy the demands of a growing customer base.
Grill and Vintage - although primarily focusing on menswear, the Lanvin Geneva boutique definitely carries most of the women's accesories (including their famous necklaces and some bags.) I was there a few months ago and there were many tempting buys for women!

And also, the Lanvin boutiques in Asia (Singapore, Taiwan, Hongkong) ALL carry womenswear - lotsa beatiful womenswear.

I think, unfortunately, the London set up is more of the exception rather than the norm.

But agree that the Lanvin website could be more user friendly!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin