Lanvin Kansas and Kentucky bags - Page 15 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
14-10-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
i saw the brown python at the lanvin boutique here today... it's such a beautiful bag in person . i would have jumped on it right then and there if it'd been in black guess i was too late... the shape is PERFECT. and as for the suede... even though it was on display, it looked like it was in good shape.... i think this one will age well. i enquired about the leather ones and the grumpy man said that this was it... they're not producing anymore and that there aren't any more black ones.
Meow...did you put your name down for the black python?

14-10-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
Grill and Vintage - although primarily focusing on menswear, the Lanvin Geneva boutique definitely carries most of the women's accesories (including their famous necklaces and some bags.) I was there a few months ago and there were many tempting buys for women!

And also, the Lanvin boutiques in Asia (Singapore, Taiwan, Hongkong) ALL carry womenswear - lotsa beatiful womenswear.

I think, unfortunately, the London set up is more of the exception rather than the norm.

But agree that the Lanvin website could be more user friendly!
Thanks for letting me know! This is good news especially re. the boutiques in Asia. My uncle lived and worked in HK for years and I love the place and so want to go back even more so now that I know that they have Lanvin. My uncle's just moved to Taipei - I imagine the Lanvin in Taiwan is located there!

14-10-2005
V.I.P.

the grumpy man didn't even mention a waiting list... he just said that that was it... last shipment, no more, etc etc. should i call back about it? urgh i don't want to deal with that man... he was very unpleasant, yelling at someone over the phone and then barking at the security guy...

about boutiques in taiwan... it's weird but back when i was looking for my silverado, i called all over the place... and it's weird that there would be a chloe in hong kong and taipei but (at the time) only ONE chloe in NY in the united states. i haven't been to taiwan in over a decade but now i suddenly want to go back as well

Last edited by meowmix; 14-10-2005 at 02:01 PM.
14-10-2005
windowshopping

Lanvin hero bag
Just saw in on Barneys.com and thought it was cute. Anyone have this bag or can tell me anything about it?

I'm a new member so I'm hoping that I'm posting this in the right place

14-10-2005
backstage pass

meowmix, was this the paris boutique you were at? Why didn't you like the brown? I think it looks amazing esp. given the shading in the python. I heard that the black python is all one color which I don't know if I'd like as much.

14-10-2005
V.I.P.

yes, i was at the paris boutique... i liked the brown, but it just wasn't very me... couldn't quite put my finger on it. in a vacuum, i'd prefer the brown because of the varations though... i'm reallly looking for something that'll go with eeeeverything and for everyday

14-10-2005
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
Grill and Vintage - although primarily focusing on menswear, the Lanvin Geneva boutique definitely carries most of the women's accesories (including their famous necklaces and some bags.) I was there a few months ago and there were many tempting buys for women!

And also, the Lanvin boutiques in Asia (Singapore, Taiwan, Hongkong) ALL carry womenswear - lotsa beatiful womenswear.

I think, unfortunately, the London set up is more of the exception rather than the norm.

But agree that the Lanvin website could be more user friendly!
Thanks taitai for the info! The London store seems really silly to only sell menswear

15-10-2005
rising star

has anyone seen the black python IRL? i think it must be quite lovely..

15-10-2005
fashion elite

feefi - Will lanvin Singapore ship to overseas?

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

16-10-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
feefi - Will lanvin Singapore ship to overseas?
I'm not too sure but I can help you check.

16-10-2005
backstage pass

Finally, a photo of my brown leather vintage kansas!

Have any of you Kansas owners put leather protector on the bag or know anything about whether this is necessary or not. I really don't want to ruin my bag with watermarks. I know I should ask in the Lanvin boutique but like Mieowmix, I have also been put off by the off hand manner of some of their salespeople!

Another thing if you really want the leather kansas bag, perhaps you could all request a special order. They sometimes do this kind of thing with a piece of clothing if there is enough demand.

16-10-2005
Adorable illusion

Grill, your bag is gorgeous! Makes me want it more...

Is the leather on yours smooth? The other pics of it I have seen look textured?

Last edited by vintage_princess; 16-10-2005 at 11:29 AM.
16-10-2005
V.I.P.

Gorgeous bag, grill! How would I place a special order? where do I call?

16-10-2005
backstage pass

Thanks for your compliments Vintage! While the leather on my bag feels smooth to the touch it looks slightly grainy with variation and creasing or I suppose it appears slightly "antiqued?". It's kind of hard to describe - it doesn't look uniform you can see the grain and texture of the leather. It doesn't look new and plastic-perfect. AGGH so hard to explain!!!

Guessgirl96 - if enough of you call Lanvin's Paris HQ +33144713173 next week enquiring about the bag and asking to special order.

Last edited by Hipkitten; 18-10-2005 at 12:00 PM. Reason: No transactions please
16-10-2005
rising star

Grill - your bag looks just amazing!!! Gorgeous. When I inquired about them at Barney's a few weeks ago they said that they couldn't get the leather anymore so that was why they stopped production, but who knows - the SA's didn't seem too sure of that explanation themselves.

Last edited by Hipkitten; 18-10-2005 at 12:01 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin