How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2005
scenester

For those who have seen this bag and the original Chanel cerf tote, how are the sizes in comparison? I can't find the original Chanel cerf tote in the boutique here anymore and am wondering if this is a good alternative. Looking for something that will hold my 15" notebook for work. :p

13-09-2005
front row

Lumine, is your bag the same size as Lilygirl's? Does it come in one size only or are there different sizes? Can you also post the meaurements of your bag? TIA

13-09-2005
scenester

i would think mine's the same size as lilygirl's. the boutique in Singapore only brought in this size so i'm not sure abut the other sizes.

also for juslin, the size is almost the same as the chanel cerf tote as i have that in white as well. however as the lanvin's leather is the soft kind, it tend to look slightly smaller. the chanel's also slightly taller. and the middle compartment for the lanvin cannot be removed unlike the chanel one.

13-09-2005
fashion elite

it's 14 x 9 x 5, which as lumine said is a bit shorter than the cerf.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by juslin
For those who have seen this bag and the original Chanel cerf tote, how are the sizes in comparison? I can't find the original Chanel cerf tote in the boutique here anymore and am wondering if this is a good alternative. Looking for something that will hold my 15" notebook for work. :p
The cerf will hold up better because the bag is sturdier overall.

13-09-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougess
The cerf will hold up better because the bag is sturdier overall.
actually i would agree with that, if what you are putting is a notebook/laptop. but bearing in mind that the lanvin is much lighter compared to the chanel cerf tote =)

13-09-2005
front row

I wished I had a chance to at least hold it to compare it to the cerf......

13-09-2005
scenester

Thanks for the feedback, ladies.

Lumine, if you have the chance, can I trouble you to take a photo of both bags side-by-side please? That'll definitely give me a good idea of how they both measure up.

14-09-2005
front row

This explains the back and forth conversation I had with a Barneys SA. I asked for the Lanvin Kansas tote and she said the name of the bag is Lanvin Kentucky. I asked her "are you sure it is not Kansas?" and she said it is "definitely Lanvin Kentucky." I asked her for the measurements and she said "it looks like it is 14 inches wide" so I thought it would be ok. So I have the Kentucky on the way when it looks like I really wanted the smaller Kansas. Sounds like the Kentucky will probably be too large for me and will have to go back.

14-09-2005
rising star

Quote:
So I have the Kentucky on the way when it looks like I really wanted the smaller Kansas. Sounds like the Kentucky will probably be too large for me and will have to go back.
Don't give up hope just yet, I was just at the Seattle Barneys and there was one Lanvin bag .. brown .. the larger one and the tag on it said "Kansas." so you just might end up with the bag you want

14-09-2005
front row

Maylo--Thanks for letting me know. I ordered the Kentucky from the Seattle Barneys, so it will be interesting to see what the size is.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieO
Maylo--Thanks for letting me know. I ordered the Kentucky from the Seattle Barneys, so it will be interesting to see what the size is.
Did you just get it today ... or was it before today .. who'd you get it from Margie or Elizabeth? In any event .. good luck and here's hoping you get the bag you want

Last edited by maylohawaii; 14-09-2005 at 12:26 AM.
14-09-2005
front row

I haven't received the bag yet, hopefully tomorrow. I don't remember the SA's name. I'll let you know what happens.

14-09-2005
V.I.P.

hi there...was wondering if anyone else sells this bag besides barneys and if there are any other bags kinda like it. thanks!

14-09-2005
backstage pass

I got the bag today!!! Mine is the Vintage Kansas- the smaller size like Lilygirl posted and it's beautiful.... the pictures really don't do it justice! I can't stop staring at it! It's very unique looking. I've never seen the Chanel cerf in person so I'm sorry but I can't really compare them. But going by what I've seen I'd pick this bag any day - it's just so unique and funky looking. I also love the chain and would never remove it. I LOVE IT!

FYI- I got this bag at Barneys but they are completely sold out (or so I was told). I was actually kind of on the "waitlist" for it as I asked the SA to call me as soon as it came it. She said that it is very hard to come by as they didn't expect such a demand and thus didn't get very many at all. She said all the SAs were asking for it as she was holding for me and had to hide it.

I'm not sure if it will be part of Lanvin's permanent collection but I really think it is just for this season only which I actually prefer. If anyone is thinking about getting this bag though, they definitely should - it's gorgeous!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin