How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-09-2005
front row

The Kentucky bag arrived today and it is definitely the "tall" bag so it is going back. It did give me an idea of what the Kansas is like and I have to say I've cooled off significantly on the Lanvin Vintage bag. While the leather is soft and beautiful I am not crazy about the gold chain with the Lanvin coin logo at the end.

16-09-2005
trendsetter

I also called several Barneys stores today and was told the current wait list is quite long based on anticipated supply... I remembered a local boutique, Amarees in Newport Beach, carried Lanvin...called and was able to purchase the black Kansas! Hmmm, a perfect black bag I think! They also had one brown Kansas in stock...it was also nice...but I was on a black mission today (phone to store, 949.644.9889).

16-09-2005
tailored

so this bag is $1600 ...anyone got pics of theirs?

Adorable illusion

^ Kimair, Lilygirl posted a pic of hers in the "classic black bag" thread

19-09-2005
backstage pass

Went to Barneys yesterday and saw a Lanvin for the time IRL and wow Couldn't believe how soft the leather was. There were other styles as well which were fabulous. I'm in love and ready to start selling off my B bag collection so I can afford to get a few ! I was very impressed and well, not that impressed with Balenciaga anymore. I was afraid this was going to happen.....

I would love to get the Kentucky in Black, but from all of your posts, it looks like I am out of luck. Am I right?

19-09-2005
V.I.P.

I was originally not intrested in the bag, but after reading all of the praise I thought I would check out more pics and really give it a good look. It looks nice but a little bit plain. The leather does look extremely soft though. It's really hard to tell w/o seeing it in person. It's good I'm not really liking a lot though, since I prabably wouldn't be able to get it. Both becuase of avalibility and my bank account

19-09-2005
backstage pass

Hey Mammab - I'm really curious about the hobo style that you saw. Anyway you could sneak a pic with a cameraphone? Lol. Also, did you happen to see the price?

Did you say that they had some Kansas bags in stock? Why don't you call them right now and see if they have one they could sell to you?

19-09-2005
rising star

This is the latest addition to my growing handbag family ... I really just love the leather and it's a very "user friendly" bag .. fits on the shoulder as well as on the crook of the arm! Love it!

19-09-2005
offline.

Thanks for providing a pic, Maylo...

great bag!

19-09-2005
front row

maylo that's a gorgeous bag !

19-09-2005
tfs star

other styles
Barneys.com has some other styles of the Lanvin coin bags for sale. The first one is the Kennedy tote in suede ($1125.00), and the second is the Kate frame bag in velour ($1700.00):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lanvin Kennedy.jpg (17.5 KB, 597 views)
File Type: jpg LanvinKateFrame.jpg (18.0 KB, 594 views)

19-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylohawaii
This is the latest addition to my growing handbag family ... I really just love the leather and it's a very "user friendly" bag .. fits on the shoulder as well as on the crook of the arm! Love it!
May....first of all congratulations! I love that bag.....second: where did you get it from? I'm afraid I am going to *cry* b/c I think I know the answer . . .

Circ -- well I guess it wasn't really a hobo, but it had a long shoulder strap and the bag was rectangular shaped and had all this awesome antiqued brass hardware and fringe around it. Beautiful!!

The one I want is like May's and can't buy it until I sell off some B bags on ebay. I just listed a bunch today and will have to probably wait another week or so because I can even entertain the idea and that's even if they sell. I'm crossing my fingers they do.

Last edited by mammab; 19-09-2005 at 02:23 PM.
19-09-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab
The one I want is like May's and can't buy it until I sell off some B bags on ebay. I just listed a bunch today and will have to probably wait another week or so because I can even entertain the idea and that's even if they sell. I'm crossing my fingers they do.
MammaB .. they will DEFINITELY sell, you have gorgeous collection listed and the distressing on those B bags are gorgeous ... by next week you'll be able to get your Lanvin! The little one I have is pretty much sold out, but the larger one is great as well! I am debating getting the bigger size too!

19-09-2005
fashion insider

such a beautiful bag, maylohawaii.....ooooohhhhh, how i envy you

does this mean your kansas comes in two sizes (where yours is the "little one")? or do you refer to the larger one as the kentucky? (saw the kentucky and barneys nyc and it didn't appeal to me...) TIA

19-09-2005
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
^ Kimair, Lilygirl posted a pic of hers in the "classic black bag" thread
ahh...thanks vintage princess...

maylohawaii: your bag is gorgeous!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin