How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by *maximus*
such a beautiful bag, maylohawaii.....ooooohhhhh, how i envy you

does this mean your kansas comes in two sizes (where yours is the "little one")? or do you refer to the larger one as the kentucky? (saw the kentucky and barneys nyc and it didn't appeal to me...) TIA
Thanks for the compliments ladies .. I am loving the bag! I think the smaller one i have is the Kansas and the larger size is the Kentucky. I was thinking about the Kentucky for travel as I like to have just a huge bag to throw everything in. The Kentucky is quite big though and might be too much for daily use. Am still on the fence about this.

20-09-2005
trendsetter

May, I think the bag in the colour you chose is perfect.

front row

I am looking for a little more clarification about the Lanvin Kansas bag. I have been told that it has no closure at the top, but I just saw a pict of one and it has that fold over like thing (sorry I don't know the official term for that) and wondered if it somehow kept it shut? Am I making sense? S.O.S

20-09-2005
front row

Fold over lock kind of thing I should have said

20-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv02
Fold over lock kind of thing I should have said
It does not really fold over, it just looks that way. The top is open. There are three compartments inside the bag, the center compartment has a zipper closure. One of the open compartments has a "pouchette" with zipper closure attached by gold chain to the bag.

20-09-2005
trendsetter

Will try to show in photos...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lanvin 1.jpg (31.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Lanvin 2.jpg (68.6 KB, 58 views)

20-09-2005
fashion insider

maylohawaii-thank you for your clarification ......i agree too, the kansas you have is just perfect but the kentucky may be too big for use on a daily basis but good for traveling purposes

SoCal....thank you for the pics which may have answered so many questions about the closure on the top of the bag .....i guess the accessibility to your things in the bag is easier with an open top-but does it bother you because your possessions may fall out accidentally? please let me know how you find your vintage kansas-if you love it, any disadvantages, etc.....thank you

20-09-2005
trendsetter

I do like the bag. It fits nicely on the arm and is fairly easy to wear on the shoulder. I like the compartment structure. I zip my wallet into the center compartment and have lipgloss, sunglasses, etc. in the open area. I like the bag with denim/sweaters and denim/tweed-type and other jackets. It can be both elegant and fun classy.

20-09-2005
backstage pass

I had the vintage kentucky which I returned (too big for every day use), and the bag did not have the center zip compartment. That is a nice feature of the medium size bag - thanks for the pics.

20-09-2005
scenester

Where is Lanvin sold besides Barneys NY? Is it sold at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and Saks as well?

20-09-2005
Adorable illusion

Beautiful pics Maylo and SoCal!

20-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopaholic668
Where is Lanvin sold besides Barneys NY? Is it sold at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and Saks as well?
When I called Barneys, the bag was sold out with a wait-list. I located my bag at Amarees, a designer boutique in Newport Beach. You might be more likely to find it at a boutique than Barneys...

20-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
Will try to show in photos...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. It is really lovely. The picts and your explanation helped a lot. Do you find there is enough room in the center zip to contain your wallet and other valuables? Does it tend to spill over, like when you stop quickly in the car? I have had open bags before with this problem. It is so awesome though, I don't think I would actually mind if my whole life spilled onto the floor to own such a cool bag. Judging from posts here, I guess my chances of getting one, are pretty slim right? I live on the east coast, would my best bet to just try to get on a wait list somewhere?

20-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylohawaii
MammaB .. they will DEFINITELY sell, you have gorgeous collection listed and the distressing on those B bags are gorgeous ... by next week you'll be able to get your Lanvin! The little one I have is pretty much sold out, but the larger one is great as well! I am debating getting the bigger size too!
LOve the bag Maylohawaii!! How much bigger is the Kentucky bag to the Kansas please? You think it's too big to be anything more then a tote for work?
Thanks

Last edited by hc1871; 20-09-2005 at 03:17 PM.
20-09-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc1871
LOve the bag Maylohawaii!! How much bigger is the Kentucky bag to the Kansas please? You think it's too big to be anything more then a tote for work?
Thanks
The Kentucky is approximately 4 inches taller a total of 16 inches in length .. it can be used as an everyday bag as it would just look like an oversized handbag. It just really depends on what and how much stuff you generally carry around with you .. hope that helps :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin