How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2006
front row

^^ hee! when it comes to bags, I always do!

07-10-2006
backstage pass

Was just at Barney's this afternoon and they had a whole rack of Kansas totes in 2 sizes and various colors. I had no idea that they made a plum-colored one, but they do! It was lovely, and the bag was feather-light.

Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
16-10-2006
windowshopping

i still like the old one better-the vintage kansas...i almost bought one and then decided against it-oops!

17-10-2006
V.I.P.

i decided to carry my vintage kansas (black) during fashion weeks this season and believe me everyone in the business asked me about the bag and loved it!!

i am back in love with it

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
17-10-2006
backstage pass

leyla M. - I am so happy for you - it's a gorgeous classic bag. I've got it in brown - I just wish I'd had the foresight to snap it up in black as well!

I quite like the new versions though. I like the textured leather it looks a bit more tough less formal - I don't know whether I'll go for it though as I really want to save for another Birkin...

17-10-2006
front row

^^oh! you guys are so lucky! it's such a fantastic bag! so classic- can't wait to get my hands on one!

17-10-2006
windowshopping

i'm so upset with myself for not buying it at all when i had the chance! now it's impossible to find!
the new ones have some strange padded area at the top and the hardware isnt as nice. i dont think this season's lanvin bags are nearly as sophisticated.

18-10-2006
Adorable illusion

I have seen lots of the newer kansas bag now in Harvey Nichols..the smaller versions and they bigger version in suede and leather. They look ok, but I prefer the original style..I have no idea why they decided to change it!

19-10-2006
backstage pass

I'd kill for an original Kansas at this point.The newer ones just don't do it for me.

20-10-2006
windowshopping

anybody have a picture of the plum one? is it really dark or.. ?? ???

21-10-2006
windowshopping

the plum one is light-it's a nice color, but the bag just doesnt look as classic as the original lanvin kansas bag.

28-10-2006
rising star

Saw next season's Kansas at the Lanvin trunk show at Barneys this week. Several changes from the past two seasons. Handles are different, no leather straps running down the front and back, hardware is bright silver, but there is less of it. Bag also looked bigger than past seasons. The colors they were offering were red, black & white. Saw the red IRL and it was lovely, the leather was terrific. Price was $1815, I believe.

Saw loads of other new Lanvin bags as well. Lots of shiny silver hardware on the bags for next season.

28-10-2006
boop

I do not really understand Lanvin's policy of changing a bag entirely from season to season yet keeping the same name. When you have a hit classic bag you should keep it around so that people will be able to enjoy it season to season. Of course subtle changes should be made like color or offering new materials but basic design should be left alone IMO. I think the Kansas in its original form is a bag with the potential to be a classic. I like how Chanel and Balenciaga release their bags in different colors/textures/hardware options each season but keep the designs relatively the same.

Then again maybe I'm just bitter because I missed out on the Kansas

28-10-2006
backstage pass

I completely agree with you, Luxx! I wish they'd left it alone ... Don't mess with perfection.

06-12-2006
backstage pass

I got my Kansas bag today. Its soft and squishy like a pillow. All these sales are doing major damage to my $$. My New Years resolution is to stop buying so much.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin