How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2006
backstage pass

Congrats Aspen! That's a lovely bag...super that you got it on sale too. I was trying on a similar bag yesterday - It looked almost exactly the same but the shoulder strap was a silver chain.

Luxx - also I totally agree with your comments about keeping the original Kansas as a house standard - I cannot see it damaging the brand's image nor their profits.

07-12-2006
backstage pass

^I prefer the chain strap. The canvas makes it look much more casual.

When I first looked at the bag and asked about it the sales person said they NEVER go on sale. I'm glad I held out.

Barneys.com has a bunch on sale but it looks like all the Kansas totes have sold out.

11-12-2006
Adorable illusion

aspen, congrats on your new Lanvin! The black looks the best colour in my opinion.

17-12-2006
front row

lovely bag aspen! may i ask where you found her?

17-12-2006
backstage pass

Barneys. I called the store to have it shipped. Barneys.com has a taupe for $629. Call a Barney's store and they may have some more. I don't like ordering off the website because they don't confirm for a few days and then the item gets sold out. I prefer calling the store, then I know for sure I'm getting it.

13-01-2007
backstage pass

i posted this in more detail at "new purchases" thread, but here is my new kentucky tote in navy blue suede:

13-01-2007
V.I.P.

^ wow, i like that a lot!!

what are the dimensions??

14-01-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
^ wow, i like that a lot!!

what are the dimensions??
thanks brian! its 16" x 16.5" x 5" but i dont know what the drop of the handles is (i can measure later once im a little more awake ). i think i prefer this size over kansas, the smaller one that was all the rage when it first came out in 04/05? though if i could afford both id def get both hehe.

14-01-2007
front row

great bag jeans! i love the color!

14-01-2007
V.I.P.

beautiful purchase Igotgoodjeans!

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
14-01-2007
front row

Congrats on all Lanvin bag owners out there! I sincerely believe it was one of my best purchases ever. I still have the black distressed leather Heaven from 2004 on heavy rotation, from a night out in town, to a date, to job interviews. I think mine was from a pretty early season after Alber took over, so to be honest the design wasn't the most user-friendly. I think the newer bags have a lighter chain now, which is great because mine certainly gets cumbersome at times! However, it is still beautiful as ever and a grand well-spent.

15-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgoodjeans
thanks brian! its 16" x 16.5" x 5" but i dont know what the drop of the handles is (i can measure later once im a little more awake ). i think i prefer this size over kansas, the smaller one that was all the rage when it first came out in 04/05? though if i could afford both id def get both hehe.
OMG..that is perfect...is it new/still being made or did you find it somewhere else?
i hope i can find one when i'm at barneys.....

15-01-2007
backstage pass

Lovely, lovely bag Jeans!!

15-01-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
OMG..that is perfect...is it new/still being made or did you find it somewhere else?
i hope i can find one when i'm at barneys.....
i found it at the second cut sale at saks in chevy chase, md. they had at least 2 other kentucky's in brown suede (with the canvas strap) and 1 newer version in distressed chocolate brown leather (with chain strap). this was the only blue one i saw...though i'm sure barney's has them too somewhere - i think with this being the long weekend, the dept stores are nearing the end of the winter sales and are slashing prices!

the phone # for that saks is 240.497.5355 - the SA who helped me was Laura. no one was looking at the lanvins at that saks (suckers!) so im sure they are still there. they also had a couple of heros in pewter and heroines in black leather.

also, thanks so much for your compliment, morriseel!

15-01-2007
front row

I have been drooling over the Kansas Lilo carried last year or year prior. Does anyone have this bag? I have never seen it IRL.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin