How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-04-2007
backstage pass

as far as i know, some of them are made in italy, some in france. or at least according to the tags inside the bags...

19-06-2007
Of too many minds

Lanvin is offering the Kansas bag in patent for F/w 07:

I'm not sure if I like this...part of the charm of the kansas to me is really the soft buttery leather.

*luisaviaroma.com*

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
19-06-2007
V.I.P.

I agree, dont like it in patent at all. Like you said it looses it's charm without the soft leather

I accidentally locked my cat in my closet last night and he went on my kansas. It came off but now my bag smells like poo

20-06-2007
front row

There's a PURPLE LEATHER Kansas on ebay....WOW....does that come in the Kentucky size as well? It reminds me of my holy grail Balenciaga eggplant purple city.

20-06-2007
front row

The new patent Kansas really doesn't appeal to me at all -- I agree that Kansas/Kentucky bags look best in soft soft leather. I'm pretty sickened by all the designers jumping on the patent wagon this year (well starting from end of last year).....everyone is releasing patent versions of their signature bags -- Chanel, Miu Miu, YSL, Tods, the list goes on and on....and in most of those cases the patent material doesn't really work on the style of the bag.

21-06-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellavita89 View Post
There's a PURPLE LEATHER Kansas on ebay....WOW....does that come in the Kentucky size as well? It reminds me of my holy grail Balenciaga eggplant purple city.
Wow! I've been trying to find the purple kansas but with no luck. Too bad the purple isn't a dark purple like the first photo...

03-07-2007
front row

Fall/Winter '07 version of the Kansas as seen on Kelly Ripa. I don't like it; don't like the circular rings in the handles....does this remind anyone else of Marc Jacobs bags? I just saw those at Barneys and was not impressed. Don't like the direction these Lanvin Kansas bags are heading right now. Bring back the original classics puuuhhlease!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KellyRipa_LanvinKansas.jpg (51.1 KB, 15 views)

03-07-2007
front row

source for the photo above: tpf

19-07-2007
boop

The original Kansas is still the best. One of these days they're just going to have to bring it back. People still want it and its still such a great bag.

They just don't know a winner when they have one.

29-07-2007
V.I.P.

I was browsing on ebay and found a phillip lim bag that reminded me a lot of the kansas. item 120145467418. I actually think it's better than some of the newer kansas styles and I like the chain for the shoulder strap.

04-08-2007
Adorable illusion

Not a an of the patent kansas either..it looks to stiff and the straps to me look off.

07-08-2007
backstage pass

yeah i feel like the kansas and kentuckys are getting uglier and uglier by each season! the original were def best though i didn't my hands on them fast enough. i have the second season's kansas and kentucky and i really like them but anything since then just seems too plastic-y or something.

29-08-2007
V.I.P.

who is the accessories designer for Lanvin?

29-08-2007
V.I.P.

^^ I think its Alber Elbaz, since last I heard he's still the artistic director for nearly everything, even for interior design.

boop

I saw the most to die for Kentucky bag last night, a woman was wearing it at C.O. Bigelow - it was this great navy blue with a hint of grey and the straps were contrasting tan. Not something I would have ever considered before but in person it looked stellar. I need that bag in my life. A Lanvin is next on my list for sure.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin