How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-07-2008
Power to the 99%

^ I saw one of your posts about it looking back in this thread--I take it your cat didn't like being locked in the closet--now you know why people keep them on shelves Actually, you do, right ... did your cat get up on the shelf to do it? Little bugger ...

I haven't had that happen, but one of my dogs (she died in April ) threw up in my bag when we were in the car coming home from the vet. I wish she were here to take another shot at it ... don't tell Michael Kors I said that

I don't think the one I'm looking at has a name, and I haven't seen it online. I suspect it will be this season only ...

16-07-2008
V.I.P.

based on my original kansas i must say the quality is outstanding! the hardware is just good but the leather is great.

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
16-07-2008
Power to the 99%

Btw, this bag we're talking about is called the Happy Sac ... I'm moving the posts specific to it to a new thread

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...sac-70272.html

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 16-07-2008 at 05:22 PM.
14-10-2008
fashion icon

For people who have the 05 kansas, did you spray the leather with some kind of protectant?

being a non-bag person ...would it be better to spray something on it? Does it change the texture of the bag or make the leather harder?

thanks!

Of too many minds

^I haven't sprayed my kansas with any protectant, I just moisturize it occasionally with a leather moisturizer.
It's not really a lot of trouble for me because it's a little hardier, being a black bag.

A lot of people recommend Vectra as a bag protectant....
Maybe you can try spraying a spot of protectant on a discreet corner of your bag to see if it changes the leather texture before taking the plunge?

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
14-10-2008
fashion icon

thanks!..i'm quite scared of doing something to it but i'm not very good of taking care of my stuff so i guess i should. I might try spraying a bit on the inside leather.

backstage pass

justlooking - I definitely sprayed mine with a waterproofing protectant spray prior to use. Mine's identical to Leyla's only brown. The leather has held up well after all this time apart from some rubbing on the edges of the straps.

16-10-2008
fashion icon

thanks Grill!

windowshopping

Does anyone know where I can get a Lanvin Kansas now? I went to Saks (NYC) and they don't carry it anymore...I know I'm late to the game....but am I too late? I don't care anymore for "it" bags. I'm looking to invest in a nice, high quality classic bag that'll last me a long time and doesn't have really ornate label embellishments and the Lanvin Kansas fits all my requirements so I'd really love to be able to track them down again...

23-04-2009
Power to the 99%

I don't know if it's still being made ... if so, I'd try Barney's. If not, I'd try eBay.

23-04-2009
windowshopping

^ I'll try Barney's this weekend but they don't feature it on their website so that might be a lost cause as well. And I'm always reluctant with buying such expensive items off of Ebay....there's one there now but it's metallic and I want a more subtle one.

23-04-2009
fashion icon

annsafabulousfinds has two kansas bags but only in python and velvet i think. So i'd keep an eye out at consignment stores like that

Power to the 99%

^ Barney's has by far the best selection of Lanvin where I am ... maybe you'll find something you like, and the SAs might have some tips for you.

24-04-2009
rising star

you shouldnt need to spray it with protection very often, its worth doing it every few months, depending on factors such as heat etc

16-05-2009
rising star

It seems that Lanvin decided to phase out the Kansas and the Kentucky as of SS09 like they did with the Hero. Those styles were made in FW08, but not for this season.

If you don't want the metallics left over from FW08 at Barneys, I think your best bet is ebay.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin