How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylohawaii
The Kentucky is approximately 4 inches taller a total of 16 inches in length .. it can be used as an everyday bag as it would just look like an oversized handbag. It just really depends on what and how much stuff you generally carry around with you .. hope that helps :p
Thanks. It does help. I think I would rather get the Kansas. YOu are very lucky to have gotten one. It is a beautiful bag. Everytime I look at your photos I want one more and more. It is a perfect classic style but with a little edge.

20-09-2005
rising star

how much are they

20-09-2005
backstage pass

The kansas is $1600... the kentucky is prob. a bit more.

21-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalu
The kansas is $1600... the kentucky is prob. a bit more.
When I called Barney's in Seattle yesterday the SA told me the Kentucky bag was $1400.00

21-09-2005
front row

for what it's worth, i remember the sa saying a couple of weeks ago that lindsay lohan bought her bag at her store and that it was the small...geez, should of bought the last one they had...looks like it's almost impossible to find now?

21-09-2005
trendsetter

Amarees in Newport Beach had the Kansas in chocolate brown late last week...

21-09-2005
front row

^thanks, socal actually, wanted the black color...hopefully, the waiting lists won't get as ridiculous as fendi, and chloe!

i regret not buying that time i had called...the sa put me on a wait list and then called me right back saying she located one for me...i thought she was trying to over hype the bag by making them seem "hard to get" and then decided to call me so that she could get the commission...it seemed so easy to get i thought they were desperate to get rid of the bag...my mistake

21-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
Amarees in Newport Beach had the Kansas in chocolate brown late last week...
More novice questions regarding the Lanvin Kansas bag. How do you know who else sells lanvin besides Barney's? They don't seem to have an accessible web site and I can't find a corporate listing to call and inquire.
Any suggestions?

21-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv02
More novice questions regarding the Lanvin Kansas bag. How do you know who else sells lanvin besides Barney's? They don't seem to have an accessible web site and I can't find a corporate listing to call and inquire.
Any suggestions?
I sent an email to Lanvin yesterday. I hope my french was ok. I have not spoken or wrote in French in years. If i ever hear back from Lanvin I will let you guys know. Hopefully they can give us a list of stores that order from them here in the states.

21-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc1871
I sent an email to Lanvin yesterday. I hope my french was ok. I have not spoken or wrote in French in years. If i ever hear back from Lanvin I will let you guys know. Hopefully they can give us a list of stores that order from them here in the states.
hc1871 thank you in advance. I do not speak French and could not contact Lanvin directly. I can't believe there isn't an easier way to get this info. Hopefully, they will respond to your email and the mystery of who exactly carries Lanvin will be solved. Thanks again for your effort

21-09-2005
V.I.P.

Another pic of lindsey with what looks to be the lanvin bag

21-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc1871
When I called Barney's in Seattle yesterday the SA told me the Kentucky bag was $1400.00
hmm.... that's weird. I just checked my receipt to make sure and I paid $1600 for the Kansas (small black) from Barney's so I thought the Kentucky would be more since it's a bigger bag. Maybe someone else can verify.

21-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalu
hmm.... that's weird. I just checked my receipt to make sure and I paid $1600 for the Kansas (small black) from Barney's so I thought the Kentucky would be more since it's a bigger bag. Maybe someone else can verify.
The kentucky bag that I returned to Barneys was $1700.

21-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougess
The kentucky bag that I returned to Barneys was $1700.
Yep, there's a brown Kentucky at Barneys in Seattle for 1700.

The leather is amazing but I decided against it b/c I have a wild child who I fear will tear off the chain and not to mention, help me scrape up the exterior of my bag. I swear I am raising a monkey. Boys!!

22-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticbagz
^thanks, socal actually, wanted the black color...hopefully, the waiting lists won't get as ridiculous as fendi, and chloe!

i regret not buying that time i had called...the sa put me on a wait list and then called me right back saying she located one for me...i thought she was trying to over hype the bag by making them seem "hard to get" and then decided to call me so that she could get the commission...it seemed so easy to get i thought they were desperate to get rid of the bag...my mistake
I like that lanvin bags are kind of "not yet" mainstream popular and it's nice that they're making them in only a few pieces (at least for now). They are definitely not as easy to find as the balenciagas or chloes so when the SAs say the wait list is long I tend to believe them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin