How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab
Yep, there's a brown Kentucky at Barneys in Seattle for 1700.

The leather is amazing but I decided against it b/c I have a wild child who I fear will tear off the chain and not to mention, help me scrape up the exterior of my bag. I swear I am raising a monkey. Boys!!
mammab, just clarifying, you think the leather is pretty delicate on this bag? My 2 1/2yr. old daughter is a fiery, little redhead (not exactly the delicate flower, I imagined!) and I have been debating between this bag and the chanel cerf tote. I can totally see her yanking off the chain, now that you mention it. How does this leather compare to our B-Bag's?

22-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv02
mammab, just clarifying, you think the leather is pretty delicate on this bag? My 2 1/2yr. old daughter is a fiery, little redhead (not exactly the delicate flower, I imagined!) and I have been debating between this bag and the chanel cerf tote. I can totally see her yanking off the chain, now that you mention it. How does this leather compare to our B-Bag's?
Hey Liv -- it's just very smooooooth looking in apperance and i fear that one scratch and well it will be very obvious. It's pretty thick soft leather, but the apperance is very nice and smooth ..... as for the B bags, you know how they are, if you do get a scratch, it hardly shows up.....

22-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Hey Liv -- it's just very smooooooth looking in apperance and i fear that one scratch and well it will be very obvious. It's pretty thick soft leather, but the apperance is very nice and smooth ..... as for the B bags, you know how they are, if you do get a scratch, it hardly shows up.....
Thanks mammab. good description. I can see scuffing it all up, which would probably bum me out.

22-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Yep, there's a brown Kentucky at Barneys in Seattle for 1700.

The leather is amazing but I decided against it b/c I have a wild child who I fear will tear off the chain and not to mention, help me scrape up the exterior of my bag. I swear I am raising a monkey. Boys!!
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder then what bag Elizabeth was looking at when she quoted me over the phone $1400.00 I wrote it down while on the phone with her.

22-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc1871
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder then what bag Elizabeth was looking at when she quoted me over the phone $1400.00 I wrote it down while on the phone with her.
Well......maybe she didn't know what bag she was looking at? I'm not sure, but when I bought my black Work Balenciaga last week the SA there was adament that it was the "city" I wasn't going to argue....

22-09-2005
fashion elite

I have the kansas and a toddler and nary a scratch. the leather is much more durable than it seems (and unless your kid can work a blow torch, the medallion isn't coming off).

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv02
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. It is really lovely. The picts and your explanation helped a lot. Do you find there is enough room in the center zip to contain your wallet and other valuables? Does it tend to spill over, like when you stop quickly in the car? I have had open bags before with this problem. It is so awesome though, I don't think I would actually mind if my whole life spilled onto the floor to own such a cool bag. Judging from posts here, I guess my chances of getting one, are pretty slim right? I live on the east coast, would my best bet to just try to get on a wait list somewhere?
I typically carry a wallet, daytimer, cosmetic case, phone, etc. I do not have any issues fitting essentials into the bag or with spill-over. I am also very happy with the quality of the leather.

22-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
I typically carry a wallet, daytimer, cosmetic case, phone, etc. I do not have any issues fitting essentials into the bag or with spill-over. I am also very happy with the quality of the leather.
It is a great bag. I am pretty sure that I will have to wait a few years to own one. I just heard that the leather is lovely, but smooth and would likely show the scratches and scuffs a two year old, like my daughter, might make. I will have to live vicariously through you until she is older. So, thank you for the picts. They were awesome and I love to look at them

23-09-2005
scenester

HI there
I'm looking for a Kansas bag in either brown or black so if there is anywhere that you have seen it please let me know. Thanks Really love it !!

front row

FYI I was in Barney's NY today and they had what I think were the Kentucky in both black and brown. It looked taller than the pictures I have seen of the Kansas, so that's my guess, in case anyone is interested.

24-09-2005
front row

Looks like Lindsay's bag doesn't have the round Lanvin coin. Do you think she removed it or is it different than the Kansas?

24-09-2005
Adorable illusion

I wonder what happened to it..it may have broken off? or she got another one in different size? She definitely had the coin if its the same bag..

24-09-2005
front row

I actually prefer it without the coin.

25-09-2005
scenester

thanks for letting me know about the Kentucky anyway though I am not interested in the Kentucky at all Too longish for my liking

Last edited by Balenciaga Queen; 25-09-2005 at 06:06 AM.
25-09-2005
windowshopping

Ahhh gorgeous!! I doubt Barneys (NYC) would still have it in stock. Does anyone know if NYC stores such as Intermix, Scoop, Blush, etc. carry this Lanvin Vintage Kansas bag?

Last edited by jaye; 25-09-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin