How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-09-2005
V.I.P.

i think im falling in love with this bag!

27-09-2005
windowshopping

I want it too but they're a nightmare to track down. I spoke to the girl in Lanvin Paris who deals with shipments and she told me they have no more stock, and are not expecting to produce them any more. Harrods have told me they sold out of the black Kansas instantly. A woman from America called them up to buy 2 and got them shipped over. Grrrr

I have found a brown one, but I worry that it won't use it much as I wear a lot of black and own very few brown things. What do you think about wearing black with brown accessories - it bothers me somehow?

27-09-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoire
I want it too but they're a nightmare to track down. I spoke to the girl in Lanvin Paris who deals with shipments and she told me they have no more stock, and are not expecting to produce them any more. Harrods have told me they sold out of the black Kansas instantly. A woman from America called them up to buy 2 and got them shipped over. Grrrr

I have found a brown one, but I worry that it won't use it much as I wear a lot of black and own very few brown things. What do you think about wearing black with brown accessories - it bothers me somehow?
Wearing brown accessories with black doesn't bother me.....HOWEVER.....if you decide not to get the brown, PLEASE let me know where I can get it

27-09-2005
front row

I have been seeing stars in the magazines with Lanvin bags. Can anyone tell me where to buy this manufacture and anything about this Company?
Thanks

27-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagqueen
I have been seeing stars in the magazines with Lanvin bags. Can anyone tell me where to buy this manufacture and anything about this Company?
Thanks
Barneys carries the brand...as well as some independent boutiques. A few of the styles are on the Barneys website, but not the "Kansas"...

27-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieO
Looks like Lindsay's bag doesn't have the round Lanvin coin. Do you think she removed it or is it different than the Kansas?
Coin may be turned sideways?

Last edited by kimair; 03-11-2005 at 03:56 PM.
27-09-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Thanks
I've had a Barney's store manager trying to hunt down the "Kansas" for me. I don't think it is available anywhere - not even at Lanvin in Paris. You might be able to find the "Kentucky" (much bigger - longer) somewhere but I'm pretty sure the Kansas (the one Lindsay Lohan is carrying in the pic) is gone. Good luck.

27-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
Coin may be turned sideways?
either that, or it's "tucked" in actually, you can see it better on the very first post of this thread.

the brown is pretty.

27-09-2005
front row

Another pic of Lindsay with the Lanvin Bag.

28-09-2005
front row

I saw Lindsay in one of the magazines with the one with gold beads. I think it said it was called the boston bag. I just love it. I know nothing about this Company. Do they only make a few of each style? Any info on them would be great. Does anyone have this bag?

Last edited by bagqueen; 28-09-2005 at 06:20 AM.
28-09-2005
windowshopping

Lanvin is a really old French fashion house and a very prestigious one, it's been around for more than 100 years, and the name is associated with luxury fashions, accessories and perfume. I think they're trying to modernize their image - their latest handbags are particularly funky.

At the moment they have no intention of making more of the bag. They only released a couple of them to each outlet. Let's petition for them to make more! It sounded like they might consider it if shops placed more orders...

28-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
I saw Lindsay in one of the magazines with the one with gold beads. I think it said it was called the boston bag. I just love it. I know nothing about this Company. Do they only make a few of each style? Any info on them would be great. Does anyone have this bag?
The Boston bag is on the Barney's website... I like that one as well.

28-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
The Boston bag is on the Barney's website... I like that one as well.
Or something similar...they call it the "Jet Set" bag.

28-09-2005
tfs star

I like the Lanivn "Hero" bag on the website ALOT!! I have emailed them about colors and will probably order one. I'll let you all know. Hope the leather is really soft - it doesn't look like it is in the pic - but it is all distressed and I think it probably is softer than it looks.

28-09-2005
V.I.P.

i'm inclined to call up the boutique here about the bag, but i wonder if they'd have any idea what i'm talking about if i'm asking about a bag that's named after a state in the US

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin