How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2005
offline.

Just ask about the newer Lanvin bags... ? The one with the chain logo?

28-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoire
Lanvin is a really old French fashion house and a very prestigious one, it's been around for more than 100 years, and the name is associated with luxury fashions, accessories and perfume. I think they're trying to modernize their image - their latest handbags are particularly funky.

At the moment they have no intention of making more of the bag. They only released a couple of them to each outlet. Let's petition for them to make more! It sounded like they might consider it if shops placed more orders...
Thanks so much for the info. I never heard of the brand and just love the look of it. :p

28-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
Or something similar...they call it the "Jet Set" bag.
That's it. Thanks! I just ordered it. :p

28-09-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
i'm inclined to call up the boutique here about the bag, but i wonder if they'd have any idea what i'm talking about if i'm asking about a bag that's named after a state in the US
I'm sure you can describe it to them... they don't have too many styles of bags that look like this and the people who work at a Lanvin boutique should be aware of all the bags they did this season. Anyway, I hope you find one... I love my bag so much!

28-09-2005
front row

Barney's just told me the bags on there site are from the spring and they probally do not have the jet set any more. That's odd they would let you order it.

28-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagqueen
Barney's just told me the bags on there site are from the spring and they probally do not have the jet set any more. That's odd they would let you order it.
So now you just wait to see if you receive it?

28-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
Just ask about the newer Lanvin bags... ? The one with the chain logo?
well there's more than one with the coin and chain logo.. plus you'd be surprised how little the salespeople know sometimes. oh well, maybe if i have time i'll give it a shot.

28-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagqueen
I just got the Jet Set bag last week from the Lanvin Monaco boutique. (I really LOVE this bag.)

When I called Barneys a few months ago, they gave me contradicting info. First they said they weren't going to bring in the Jet Set anymore, then they said they were but for spring summer 2006.

Btw, there is a separate thread dedicated to this bag

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28335

Anyway Lanvin Monaco called me last week to say they were able to get one for me. The boutique was also selling those distressed bags with the roped tassels and they were going for 30% off. The brown (with green tassels) and black versions were quite nice.

Janyoung - the leather on the Lanvin bags I've seen is INCREDIBLE. Very very soft and top quality and very well made (I am picky about stitching and stuff, and notice every small detail.)

Kind of OT - Lanvin is HUGE huge huge in this part of Europe these days. Everybody wants a piece of Alber Elbaz.

Last edited by Taitai; 28-09-2005 at 09:47 PM.
28-09-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
I just got the Jet Set bag last week from the Lanvin Monaco boutique. (I really LOVE this bag.)

When I called Barneys a few months ago, they gave me contradicting info. First they said they weren't going to bring in the Jet Set anymore, then they said they were but for spring summer 2006.

Anyway Lanvin Monaco called me last week to say they were able to get one for me. The boutique was also selling those distressed bags with the roped tassels and they were going for 30% off. The brown (with green tassels) and black versions were quite nice.

Janyoung - the leather on the Lanvin bags I've seen is INCREDIBLE. Very very soft and top quality and very well made (I am picky about stitching and stuff, and notice every small detail.)

Kind of OT - Lanvin is HUGE huge huge in this part of Europe these days. Everybody wants a piece of Alber Elbaz.
And for good reason - Lanvin really needed and deserved a shot in the arm and Elbaz has done that. I'm always so pleased when these houses with a distinquished history are saved from obscurity. Once I'm clear on the colors, I'm going to order one. I can always return it to the Barney's here if I'm not completely satisfied. I think all the Lanvin bags that I've seen have a very classy, timeless look. Wish I had seen a pic of the ones the boutique in Monaco have on sale. Thanks for the info regarding the quality.

28-09-2005
trendsetter

The European "fashionistas" are calling Lanvin accessories the hot anti-label brand Elbaz is such a genius and I think he is a great arbiter of future trends.

Btw, my favorite SA at Barneys who helps me with accessories is Liliana. Try looking for her.

28-09-2005
front row

Thanks for the info. It was very interesting the link. I hope I end up with the bag. I placed the order so we will see. The sa's said the website is not updated and is old, but after reading the link you gave it was sold out on this site at one time so maybe there is hope. I just love this bag and hope I get it. How do you like your's? I saw the kentucky bag today and am debating on buying that. It is very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai

Btw, there is a separate thread dedicated to this bag

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28335

I hope the store comes through. I placed the order and will see what happens. I just love the bag. Thanks for the link. It was very interesting.

06-10-2005
backstage pass

I bought the vintage Kansas in brown from Harrods yesterday. I love it! The leather is so buttery soft but I am a bit freaked out about the hardware getting scratched. They still have one left if you are looking for a brown Kansas, they also had the Kentucky model too. They said that they had had a late delivery and these two had just come in.

06-10-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill
I bought the vintage Kansas in brown from Harrods yesterday. I love it! The leather is so buttery soft but I am a bit freaked out about the hardware getting scratched. They still have one left if you are looking for a brown Kansas, they also had the Kentucky model too. They said that they had had a late delivery and these two had just come in.
the metal buckles will inevitably get scratched, especially if you leave them hanging open, but you can't prevent it and I'm sure over time they will develop a nice patina. mine came with a small mark caused by the metal pin, but it doesn't detract. I like that the bag has a kind of worn in, imperfect look so you don't have to handle it with kid gloves. I've only seen the black so I'd love to see a pic of the brown!

backstage pass

Hi Lily - if my husband's up to it (he's got jet lag!!) - I'll ask him to take a picture of my new brown baby tomorrow and post it for you to see. My bag came with the exact same small mark you mention on the brassware caused by the pin. My mum thought I was completely obsessive the way I was comparing the two brown kansas bags and checking that the one I chose was perfect. However, I am aware that in time it'll inevitably get some wear and tear that hopefully should just add to its charm!

06-10-2005
Adorable illusion

Grill, congrats on your bag! Im looking forward to seeing pictures of it as well. May I ask how much?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, kansas, kentucky, lanvin