How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-04-2008
backstage pass

I love these bags. But yes, they are everywhere.

28-04-2008
front row

Ughh... these bags make me sick! I go to Drexel U in Philly and every girl, who thinks she is super cool has one, and my own opinion... I think they look like something an old lady should have! Not someone who is 21!

28-04-2008
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella View Post
you must have seen one dear! as Stella said, they where THE bag two years ago (at least in terms of sales and popularity) VERY surprised there isnt a thread on these already... anyone performed a search?

never particularly liked them...but i must admit i stared at the kate moss ads more than once (even if it wasnt for the bag)

these are the ones we are talking about, no?

credit goes to savagexi.com and ioffer

EDIT: I see them everywhere! college, streets, airports, restaurants, clubs... it's insane!
Those bags are actually vile.
Are they nylon?
How much are they?

15-05-2008
scenester

Somebody asked me via PM to post pics of my Pliage so I thought why not post them here. I don't see how this bag can be counterfeited (sp?) because it's super cheap and available... but you never know this day LOL

Crying Diamonds they are either nylon or leather, though the handles are always leather. as i said they're really cheap, around $100 for the largest one. They're actually perfect for the office, i can fit my entire wardrobe in there lol

15-05-2008
scenester

Sorry for the bad photshop job

As you can see it is and looks cheap. The alignment of the handles is not that perfect at all.

15-05-2008
scenester

Insid tag is made of see-through plastic (not opaque)

15-05-2008
scenester

Detail of back with model number engraved on leather

15-05-2008
scenester

Profile pic... hmmm

15-05-2008
scenester

I hope you enjoyed them. As said before, if you need a roomy tote that can hold 10lbs without ripping appart its handles for very little money, then this is your bag. I really cannot see it as a fashion handbag or why anybody would think it's a cool thing to be carrying it, though.

15-05-2008
Geometric Discharge

My £5 Liberty tote looks better made and is so much prettier.

15-05-2008
V.I.P.

LOL I have two, one in an olive green and one in black. I like them because they are all-weather friendly...But then again I still carry a Kate Spade messenger so my fashion may be questionable at best, LOL!

17-05-2008
front row

i love them. i have a red large long handle that i used to use for school books. i need something that can handle dirt and i don't have to worry about knocking around. especially when i need to throw things like horse boots and half chaps in!

18-05-2008
V.I.P.

I have one and use it lots as it goes with just about everything. I see this around very rarely where I live, but in France that's a completely story. Nearly everyone seems to carry it there.

Bel
front row

Bringing back an old thread here...

As annoying as it is that they are everywhere, I'm thinking of getting one—the Planetes Tonal in black; it's basically the same as the Pliage but the handles are black too so it's not quite the bag that everybody else has.

I'm trying to choose between two sizes, this (smaller) and this (larger). I want it to fit a standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch folder; the first one I've linked to says it's 10 x 13 in the dimensions, but because of the shape I'm not sure whether it would actually fit a folder. Anybody know?

26-02-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouge99 View Post
north america is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind...

i lived in switzerland in spring and summer of 2004 and did a bunch of travelling between there and paris, and longchamp bags were all the rage... four years ago... now it's catching on at my university campus in montreal haha.

that being said, they are great school bags/beer carriers as someone else mentioned haha. i dont think they're particularly hideous at all..
i lived in switzerland for about 3-4 years as well and yeah it was the biggest trend..and i think it was fine for school cause it was a designer bag that you could actually fit your stuff nto and wouldnt care if you got the bag dirty or u got wear and tear because of carrying heavy books cause after all the bags not expensive at all.i dont mind them really. not my fave bag, its nothing special...but i still use mine to work when i have to carry loads..

oh and yeah it wasnt a big trend in london when i moved here, but lately ive been seeing more and more of these bags..

Last edited by lifeistiffanyblu; 26-02-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
longchamp, totes