How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-03-2004
V.I.P.

THIS IS JUST GETTING OUT OF HAND...!!!!

why is it that everytime this fake/real/overdone issue about bags gets so offensive??

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

12-03-2004
windowshopping

What really pisses me off is, when I started collecting Louis Vuitton peaces in the early 90S, it was a very classy brand it was something special! Now everybody walks around with a Louis Vuitton real or fake! you see trailer trash walking around with a louis bag thinking that they are hot ****! Since louis vuitton has been using rap artist to advertise his merchandise, it has lost even more of its class. If he keeps this way of selling his products to the mass class (thatís what he is doing right now). He will loose most of his rich and loyal clientele! Because the wealthy class does not want something that everybody has.
Donít get me wrong I love and still think that Louis Vuitton sells a great quality product but I am thinking of maybe going over to Hermes itís a lot more expensive but I will not see everyone around me with a Hermes bag! First, because most people donít know what Hermes is and second because they canít afford it!

Please give your opinion on the subject of mass marketing do you think that Louis Vuitton is as Classy as it used to be?

and please don't be an *** and lock this page!!!
act civil please!

12-03-2004
front row

I know Ive been up since 6am today..but Im starting to see double lol

12-03-2004
Adorable illusion

lol...thats sly opening another one just kidding

err....i think everyone already made they're point in the LOCKED post

12-03-2004
windowshopping

It was not nice to lo ck my post I was trying to make a point, without fighting!

12-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

a moderator chose to lock this thread...posters have also been banned by the moderators...i would tread lightly here....

12-03-2004
Soviet Camaro

1. Someone designs/invents something and produces it on a small scale and at a high price.
2. Because it's really nice, people who can afford it buy it. Others admire it because it's nice, and if they can afford it they buy one too.
3. Demand increases. Supply increases to match demand.
4. Imitations appear at a lower price to take advantage of the demand.
5. Now everyone has it.
6. Repeat.

If it is truly great, it will always be great, no matter how many people have it and how many imitations appear. Levi's 501s.

There's no use getting mad about it, that's the way it is with everything, not just fashion.

12-03-2004
front row

---What really pisses me off is, when I started collecting Louis Vuitton peaces in the early 90S, it was a very classy brand it was something special!---

Couldnt someone that started collecting LV in the 80S or before ask you the same question?

--- Now everybody walks around with a Louis Vuitton real or fake! you see trailer trash walking around with a louis bag thinking that they are hot ****! ---

They walk around using it as a status symbol...as do you.

--- Since louis vuitton has been using rap artist to advertise his merchandise, it has lost even more of its class. ---

Correct me if I am wrong..but in a way you mention that class and being rich go hand in hand...my question is: Arent Rap artist RICH?

--- If he keeps this way of selling his products to the mass class (thatís what he is doing right now). He will loose most of his rich and loyal clientele! Because the wealthy class does not want something that everybody has. ---

Rich loyal clientel? The product is for sale..for anyone who is going to buy it...you think they care who buys it??? $$$ makes the world go round

--- Donít get me wrong I love and still think that Louis Vuitton sells a great quality product but I am thinking of maybe going over to Hermes itís a lot more expensive but I will not see everyone around me with a Hermes bag! First, because most people donít know what Hermes is and second because they canít afford it! ---

Does it make you feel better to have something that no one else has? Like I said before.. I suggest you make your own one of a kind bag... no one will have it and you can be proud.

12-03-2004
front row

Missy44x thank you for saying what I wanted to say...

12-03-2004
V.I.P.

...Imagine all the people living life in peace...
You may say I'm a dreamer,
But I'm not the only one...

12-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Glamourina@Mar 12th, 2004 - 4:53 pm
Missy44x thank you for saying what I wanted to say...
hahahahaha, I'm rolling on the floor, I swear, YOUR SIGNATURE, it's killing me !!! The best piece of enterainment today (even better than this thread). Welcome to tFS

12-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally posted by faust@Mar 12th, 2004 - 4:54 pm
...Imagine all the people living life in peace...
You may say I'm a dreamer,
But I'm not the only one...

12-03-2004
windowshopping

yeah I guess

12-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis_Vuitton_Lover@Mar 12th, 2004 - 5:04 pm
yeah I guess
oh, don't get me wrong honey, your post is shallow, and your signature is even more so. I'm sorry to say this. What you basically did in your post is tried to elevate being rich into a virtue, which is truly pathetic. I hope that you reconsider your views some day.

Leyla, may I ask you to lock this topic again, before it gets out of hand? I hope I'm not being out of line. Thank you.

12-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis_Vuitton_Lover@Mar 12th, 2004 - 10:12 pm
and please don't be an *** and lock this page!!!
act civil please!
louis vuitton lover,
FYI, i locked the topic and its not because I was acting like an *** but because everyone else is getting offensive and this is not a place/forum to start a fire!

there was No need to start a New topic with the exact same subject.(you could have pmed me )
i would have reopened it once everyone calmed their emotions

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
class, lost, louis, vuitton