How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-03-2004
windowshopping

[B] Hi,
What really pisses me off is, when I started collecting Louis Vuitton peaces in the early 90S, it was a very classy brand it was something special! Now everybody walks around with a Louis Vuitton real or fake! you see trailer trash walking around with a louis bag thinking that they are hot ****! Since louis vuitton has been using rap artist to advertise his merchandise, it has lost even more of its class. If he keeps this way of selling his products to the mass class (thatís what he is doing right now). He will loose most of his rich and loyal clientele! Because the wealthy class does not want something that everybody has.
Donít get me wrong I love and still think that Louis Vuitton sells a great quality product but I am thinking of maybe going over to Hermes itís a lot more expensive but I will not see everyone around me with a Hermes bag! First, because most people donít know what Hermes is and second because they canít afford it!

Please give your opinion on the subject of mass marketing do you think that Louis Vuitton is as Classy as it used to be?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LV_J_lo_008.jpg (96.3 KB, 22 views)

12-03-2004
Adorable illusion

Sorry to say this, but you sound pretty shallow. NOT for liking LV but for deliberately wanting a Hemes bag just because its expensive?
But i do agree with you though...i hate seeing fakes but maybe this thread should of been posted in the fake topic??

12-03-2004
windowshopping

NO I am not shallow, It just pisses me of to see everyone walking around with a louis Vuitton. It looks like they are giving them away! With Hermes you don't have that probelm !

12-03-2004
front row

You can always make your own bag....I guarantee no one will have a look alike lol

I remember in high school I would get upset when someone had on a similar pair of shoes...I was be like ..but I got over that phase... I mean during your life.. you are always looking at others to get ideas and its not like you are born with ideas of what to wear...etc...of course some ppl have style and some dont..but I think its depends on whos looking... and how you wear it... well anyhow..dont get so offended..its not a big deal...one day none of this is going to matter

12-03-2004
front row

*slowly backs away from thread*

12-03-2004
backstage pass

I somehow agree with you. A lot of people carry Monogram Canvas and Murakami-print bags, most of them even fake, and it's no longer really a rare and exclusive brand, except for some of the styles that aren't too popular. I somehow have a feeling it's impossible to carry a brand that is rare and exclusive, though .
Even when you buy a Hermťs bag, I'm affraid they'll be making thousands of Hermťs fakes the next couple of years, because Hermťs is gaining more popularity..

12-03-2004
windowshopping

Thats true!

12-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis_Vuitton_Lover@Mar 12th, 2004 - 2:27 pm
[b] Hi,
What really pisses me off is, when I started collecting Louis Vuitton peaces in the early 90S, it was a very classy brand it was something special! Now everybody walks around with a Louis Vuitton real or fake! you see trailer trash walking around with a louis bag thinking that they are hot ****! Since louis vuitton has been using rap artist to advertise his merchandise, it has lost even more of its class. If he keeps this way of selling his products to the mass class (thatís what he is doing right now). He will loose most of his rich and loyal clientele! Because the wealthy class does not want something that everybody has.
Donít get me wrong I love and still think that Louis Vuitton sells a great quality product but I am thinking of maybe going over to Hermes itís a lot more expensive but I will not see everyone around me with a Hermes bag! First, because most people donít know what Hermes is and second because they canít afford it!

Please give your opinion on the subject of mass marketing do you think that Louis Vuitton is as Classy as it used to be?

12-03-2004
windowshopping

Softgray are you offended?

12-03-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis_Vuitton_Lover@Mar 12th, 2004 - 3:00 pm
Do you speak dutch?
Yes, I speak Dutch Feel free to contact me through Private Message if you wish

12-03-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Louis_Vuitton_Lover@Mar 12th, 2004 - 3:05 pm
Softgray are you offended?

12-03-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 12th, 2004 - 3:04 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 12th, 2004 - 3:04 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Louis_Vuitton_Lover@Mar 12th, 2004 - 2:27 pm
Hi,

[/quote]
i think s/he is having trouble with the language barriers... i odn't think they mean to sound so shallow...

Louis_Vuitton_Lover, i think i know what you mean. you mean louis vuitton is not a luxury, elitist brand anymore, right?

i think nowadays almost everybody can afford to buy at least one piece of luxury in their life. and that's beautiful. i think rich people take this for granted... having to save up your money and seeing your dream come true one day is one of the best feelings in the world.

and i don't think it's *now* that people have started wearing their expensive handbags and bad outfits, as MANY rich people -includying royalty- are a ****ing piece of trash. hello paris hilton. hello stephanie of monaco. oh and anna kournikova wears her babyblue hermes when she's in her sportswear

12-03-2004
scenester

You are very shallow!!! You only buy a bag for the price and to be superior to people around you. You want things that nobody else can have, just to have something that nobody else has. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT LOUIS VUITTON IS DEAD, and Marc Jacobs designs the curent collections. My advice; calm down, stop trying to outbuy poeple by the things you own. You can be a stylish, fashionable person without spending $80,000 (that's 800 hundred dollar bills) for people to like you.

12-03-2004
windowshopping

Louis Vuitton is not owned by Marc Jacobs he disigns the collection but he is not the owner, just to be correct!!! And by the way I was talking about the company not the owner!!! read before you post something!

12-03-2004
windowshopping

And please don't be Jealous!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
class, lost, louis, vuitton