How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-02-2004
scenester

wow so much hate for the Murakami lane.. i guess the collection just caught on too fast and burned everyone out.

i'm actually pretty partial to the collection. I love the concept and the intent of Marc Jacobs working along side the jpn artist Takashi Murakami to create a new collection. One that went against the tradition of the brown LV monogram.. i thought it was fresh and innovated at the time

oh well just my opinion

12-02-2004
V.I.P.

on the long term... i'd say brilliant idea to freshen up the image..
some people love it others hate it..

i dont hate it.. does that mean i love it?

maybe if done in a very subtle way. i wouldnt mind a SAC PLAT in multicolore

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
13-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.@Feb 12th, 2004 - 5:47 pm

maybe if done in a very subtle way. i wouldnt mind a SAC PLAT in multicolore
SHH! Don't be giving Marc Jacobs any ideas!

14-02-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by MissPurple+Feb 9th, 2004 - 8:26 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MissPurple @ Feb 9th, 2004 - 8:26 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Feb 9th, 2004 - 7:21 pm

The multicolore line is just overexposed, overhyped, and over-counterfeited!
It is EVERYWHERE!
[/b][/quote]
Over-counterfeited is the reason I am sick of them. I honestly think the bags are totally cute and wonderful but I am not going to pay for something that somebody else is carrying around for $50... and 99% of the population can't distinguish a real LV from a fake.

I have one and can't tell you how many times I get asked if it is fake. I have a very casual style (exactly why I bought one from the multicolore series - it wonderfully contrasts my neutral wardrobe) and I suppose people are asking me because they don't assume right away that I should be carrying around a Murakami. But, still.. god.. it's annoying. I had to stop carrying it because I was going to hit the next person to ask me if it was real. And then expect me to clue them into all the reasons why it is the real thing.

This new collection looks like it will be difficult to copy.. I am interested to see what the fakes are going to look like this year.

14-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by eastendsnob+Feb 14th, 2004 - 10:06 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eastendsnob @ Feb 14th, 2004 - 10:06 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by MissPurple@Feb 9th, 2004 - 8:26 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple
Quote:
@Feb 9th, 2004 - 7:21 pm

The multicolore line is just overexposed, overhyped, and over-counterfeited!
It is EVERYWHERE!
Over-counterfeited is the reason I am sick of them. I honestly think the bags are totally cute and wonderful but I am not going to pay for something that somebody else is carrying around for $50... and 99% of the population can't distinguish a real LV from a fake.

I have one and can't tell you how many times I get asked if it is fake. I have a very casual style (exactly why I bought one from the multicolore series - it wonderfully contrasts my neutral wardrobe) and I suppose people are asking me because they don't assume right away that I should be carrying around a Murakami. But, still.. god.. it's annoying. I had to stop carrying it because I was going to hit the next person to ask me if it was real. And then expect me to clue them into all the reasons why it is the real thing.

This new collection looks like it will be difficult to copy.. I am interested to see what the fakes are going to look like this year. [/b][/quote]
true in a way.. but actually you should only buy a genuine bag for yourself only. and not care what others say. i know the feeling. my most expensive bag being my birkin. and i only dress casual during day time. so most people think its fake and some ask.

the murakami over here is just as commonly copied as the other bags that are around. unfortunately. i still love my cherry blossom papillon and carry it whenever it goes with my outfit. there

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
15-02-2004
trendsetter

the whole murakami thing is old...LV is falling even in japan

and what's with LV jacking up their prices with every season??

15-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by eastendsnob@Feb 14th, 2004 - 3:06 pm
This new collection looks like it will be difficult to copy.. I am interested to see what the fakes are going to look like this year.
Nothing is ever difficult for counterfeiters!

...Selling on ebay for $1799

21-02-2004
front row

how much is the little murakami guy? i'm not sure of the purses, but the little guy is sooo cute! my sister would it

21-02-2004
Heated

Quote:
Originally posted by southerncutie@Feb 21st, 2004 - 2:44 pm
how much is the little murakami guy? i'm not sure of the purses, but the little guy is sooo cute! my sister would it
Those charms are $$$$$. Like, $10,000. They are made of platinum, white gold, and semi precious stones. I don't know the exact price but they are very expensive.

21-02-2004
V.I.P.

So much????? And, I don't see the first pics anymore...

30-04-2004
windowshopping

Louis Vuitton Murakami Line
Yeah I saw it late last night on the website.

$1500 for a Speedy 30 Murakami... in White

It felt kinda unreal...I was told it was unattainable..

I woulda purchased it if I had $2000 lying around ahhahaha..

.It's gone now of course.

30-04-2004
Adorable illusion

Yeah i heard about it as well they do sell Murakami on e-luxury but chances are you have to be real quick!

30-04-2004
V.I.P.

Absolutely.
Murakami bags are on eluxury, but not widely advertised at all. You have to search for or "multicolor" "multicolore" in the eluxury search box, and some will pop up sometimes but it is pretty rare. They're usually always fully stocked of those pocket mirrors and date books, though,but the actual bags (mostly the speedy you're talking about) pop up sometimes too but sell like THAT.

I honestly cannot believe people are still so nuts for those hideous things

01-05-2004
scenester

A Keepall 45 and Mini HL are in stock now.. 2180 and 410

02-05-2004
front row

They're pretty well stocked as of now... Click Herre

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
line, louis, multicolor, murakami, vuitton