How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-04-2006
front row

I have a 25, but I love the 30!! I am worried that, being only 5 ft and petite, the 30 would be too big for my small frame, but I would like to try it to see

20-04-2006
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ika2006
Hi Princessimp...are u fr Singapore? Im coming down there in a month, and do u mind if I ask u how much is the speedy 30 in singapore? Is the price same like in Europe?
Eeps, sorry I didn't see this post till now!
I got my speedy 30 two years ago in Singapore(yes I am from there!) and I remembered paying SGD$800plus...make it SGD$900 for it then.
I am not sure if the price is still the same, it flunctuates according to how the Euro is doing, but you can be sure that the price can only go up and not down

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
20-04-2006
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
Princess & ika, thanks for the fab advice and pictures! You ladies are really talking me into getting one! :p
Thanks for the two pictures, I prefer the 30 size a bit more even though I am tiny myself.
Get the 30!
At first I was worried that it was too big but the more I carried it, the more I loved this size, I think the 25 would be too teeny, smaller than the size of a Balenciaga classique (I find that size a little small for me now).
My sister carried my speedy30 before, she's slightly taller than 5ft (1.52m) and I think it looked great on her.

20-04-2006
V.I.P.

as you gals know, im a hugemongous fan of the 30!!! but i have to tell you, it does depend on the person. i saw the cutest little old lady, so remeniscant of audrey hepburn with the short hair (except it was pepper grey) in my work tonite with the cutest lil oufit on. she had to have been under 5' and super petite and slender. she had kitten heels on, a black cardigan with rhinestone buttons and a knee length denim skirt, and her speedy by her side. i've seen her before and she just epitimizes chic-ness with the speedy, i wish i could have taken a pic for you gals.

so it really depends on the person, as i would never trade my 30 in for any other size

21-04-2006
trendsetter

i have the speedy 25 in the monogram it's cute-classic
what i really want is the damier speedy i'm on the waiting list
i want the damier in a 30 though just for variety...can't wait!!
and oh a little tip for anyone
PURCHASING A LV BAG FROM THE BOUTIQUE(OF COURSE)
since LV bags are made in four different cities/countries when making
a purchase always look for a made in France
if it's made some where else its still authentic as long as it's purchase
through the boutique or eluxury
but doesn't "made in France" sound better than "made in USA"
That's what i thought...

21-04-2006
V.I.P.

hahahah! yes! join the club! there's a group of us LV gals who only have made in france ones (and as far as resale value, a "made in france" LV sells for generally more than a "made in USA" one on ebay) hahahha. i refuse to buy anything but french LV, except for a wallet i found at a second hand shp for $3, that's vintage 1970's LV and made in the usa (i made an exception for that one )

21-04-2006
trendsetter

yea...i was offered a made in USA but i refuse to buy anything not made in France

21-04-2006
trendsetter

I totally agree about the 30. It's the perfect size, and I'm not tall at all. I'm only 5'2".

scenester

My boyfriend and I went into the boutique to check it the bags out last weekend and he bought me the LV 35. It's huge and I love it!

For the record- I'm about 5"2 and the bag looks GREAT.

I'm going to have to alternate between this and my choc Chloe Paddington for the moment because the Speedy I think is too big for everyday use (cant fill it).

This weekend im using it as the overnight bag, but I think i'll get use out of transporting work docs in it.

01-07-2006
trendsetter

ok whatever....^^ that bag is huge for everyday use. i have that size
also but i use it for whatever reason but not as a bag! lol..... doesn't it seem
tacky to carry it like a purse? it just sceams " look at me i got an lv"
ok... so we know what you're using it for this weekend...we'd also like to
khow what about next weekend?...geez...korny

01-07-2006
rising star

I say buy both sizes if possible-- the 25 and the 30, hehe. I've got the Speedy 25 but it really is starting to look a bit 'small' in comparison to all the larger bags people are toting these days and I'm a shorty...so I'm going to buy a Speedy 30 in the near future...both are good, actually. IMO it's how you carry yourself (and your bag!) in the end and LV and Chanel as someone previously mentioned are truly 'classics' =)

01-07-2006
windowshopping

30 to me is deffinetly the better of the two sizes.25 to me is so small and looks silly, but i do admit i could have problems filling my 30.In reference to the monogram being over done i admit it is cause there are so many fakes out there i pretty much think everyones is, which i guess is a bummer for the people who really spent a lot of money to buy a real one.I just bought the perforated orange one just in that case. The orange perfo is nice cause its different and even the people who do get it will most likely get pink ( the SA at the Lv store said pink is selling out,ugh).And the orange blends well with the leather. But I also am looking into getting the speedy epi in black so chic and goes with everything, love it! Question though, how do i keep my 30 from slouching?

03-07-2006
backstage pass

I just bought the damier speedy 30 and I think it's a great size ( I carry a lot of junk) even though I'm 5'2". I have the cerise speedy and although I love it to death, I found it a little small so that why I opted for the 30.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0288.JPG (120.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0296.JPG (115.2 KB, 21 views)

03-07-2006
Of too many minds

^Cute. The damier speedy looks great on you!

03-07-2006
backstage pass

Thanks PrincessImp!

Just wondering ... does everyone like it when the speedy sags or do you put something on the bottom to maintain its shape?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
25, 30, louis, speedy, vuitton