How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-04-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by almudena View Post

from Citizen Couture

Classics never go out of style. It's just how you wear them.
I agree! Yes, the speedy is just about everywhere, but when worn with a well thought out outfit, it provides the perfect finishing touch. When you see the Jessica Simpson's and Britneys of the world who carry their LV's with schlepy Juicy track pants and uggs, THATS when it begins to degrade the brand. Whether it be LV, Gucci or Coach - if its done tastefully it will always be iconic.

Last edited by ChrissyM; 11-04-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: please do not quote photos

16-05-2011
scenester

I'm not a fan of the mono's so much as they have been so hyped over the years and faked so many times. However I do like the shapes of the bags and some of their other patterns other than the LV's.

24-06-2011
V.I.P.

ha! and see the power of advertising? all it took was the new core value campaign and not even a week later, i bought a cabas mezzo. im a fickle fickle person.

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
25-06-2011
scenester

Haha. Angelina can make a girl do anything, it's okay

windowshopping

I don't really like the monogramme and the damier, it is plain and we see it way too much on the street, whether it's fake or real. Everyone has a neverful or a speedy. I don't think it's passť, it's just... way too popular and not interesting at all. I'd rather invest in something else if I had 500€ than in a speedy that will make me look like everyone and that looks pretty tacky, even on the classiest girl.
However the other LV handbags are just amazing, the whole Epi and Suhali collections are gorgeous and timeless. Especially the Alma and the Brea I had the opportunity to see and touch and you can definitely see the quality and why LV is such a huge thing and why it became so popular. But it's sort of underrated because when you say LV you think monogramme or damier and it is quite sad.
And honestly the Sofia Coppola collection is to die for, ever since I saw it and carried it i've been obsessed with it but it's just way too expensive.

But one thing about LV is that they are really really picky, everything has to be perfect, their "atelier" where they repair stuffs are very old school, you can see they treat their bags and everything they do with a lot of care.

However, one little thing is that the quality of their canvas (the one you make the monogram with) has declined over the years, the leather is less thick, they're less "solid" than they used to be. Maybe it just has to do with the "slouchy" trend, but to me a high quality and timeless bag has to stay in shape for long (just like the Alma, the Brea or the Noe do ! )

27-06-2011
windowshopping

I do think the brown stuff is very old lady / chavvy these days. But still some nice stuff to be had. I bought a silver vernis houston many years ago which was pretty wow at the time and still gets a lot of happy glances...it doesn't feel passe to me at all...yet.

But it made me laugh when I read that Chanel explains their massive bag price hikes as tring to move their brand positioning from LV i.e. non-exclusive to Hermes i.e. exclusive

pic=fashionphile.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fashionphileLV.jpg (178.7 KB, 0 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
icon, louis, passť, style, vuitton