How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-03-2004
V.I.P.

i am sorry, but i find it hard to respect people who can easily afford taking care of themselves, like cutting their own fingernails, but still refuse to do so, for whatever reason.
it is not like these people are absoloutly broke. they do get a decent salary. why can some people, with the same amount of money, look 'clean' at least, and others with the exact same salary, look like they've been living on the streets?
i didn't mean to offend anyone or any class of people, because i know not everyone can afford the real thing..that is why there are cheaper, cute bags in H&M, for example.

30-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by crystalized@Mar 30th, 2004 - 11:22 am
i am sorry, but i find it hard to respect people who can easily afford taking care of themselves, like cutting their own fingernails, but still refuse to do so, for whatever reason.
it is not like these people are absoloutly broke. they do get a decent salary. why can some people, with the same amount of money, look 'clean' at least, and others with the exact same salary, look like they've been living on the streets?
i didn't mean to offend anyone or any class of people, because i know not everyone can afford the real thing..that is why there are cheaper, cute bags in H&M, for example.
Err...same salary, but how many people to support? What kind of job? Where do they live? It's not a simple issue of having the same amount of money...
I personally would never carry/buy a fake bag, nor do or would I endorse it; however, I think it's rather unkind to judge people who enjoy luxury goods such as LV bags but are unable to easily afford them...or furthermore to judge them based entirely upon appearances...

30-03-2004
V.I.P.

i think people are getting the wrong impression here..
i guess i worded myself incorrectly

when i say salary, i say general group of people who have the same family/backgrounds, because that is the way it is in this city. around 2, 3 kids..simple jobs, enough for a car, etc.

i cannot afford louis vuitton myself. i love luxury goods. i just don't understand the 'joy' people get out of buying a fake, because it is obvious it is a fake..thats what im trying to say here..

well nevermind..i wont continue with this topic cuz im starting to sound like a snob..which is what i am not..because our family has lived in really poor conditions when i was younger, so i definately am not against unwealthy people.

rising star

Just b/c someone uses food stamps does not mean that their bag is fake...
Look at all the people who drive around in luxury cars & still live at home w/ their mothers...

30-03-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Mar 28th, 2004 - 4:22 am
people are holding fake LV bags while shopping in the fruit & vegetable market in my neighbourhood , they use them for stocking their food

LV (mainly fakes) are worn with lots of salt by young eccentric mix& match girls in my part of the woods.
they are basically taking the p**s out of the LV logo fascination and this can be
fresh and funky.. since they wear them with a big "its just my stylistic joke" smile.

will the trend die?
with this new (almost ridicule - no offence please) 'twist' coming from very young girls, i'm not sure LV bags will go 'soft' anytime soon.

the fake vendors are making business outside our tube stations
(Fendi , Celine, Gucci and old school Prada's are also hot "fake" numbers, but the kids here stick with their LV joke)
I actually thought of doing that for fun, but I don't think my look is eccentric so I wouldn't be able to pull it off. Plus fakes are expensive, obviously not as expensive as the originals but I can think of many better ways to spend 200 bucks.

30-03-2004
rising star

sorry its taken me so long to make another post on this, my computer wasn't loading the forums correctly..but anyways..

i do agree with most of you that the monogram is classic and will never " die " as some fo you put it, but i guess i was leaning more towards the multicolore, the murakami, the bags that everyone seems to knock off. how long will the popular things last?

sorry if its not exactly clear

30-03-2004
rising star

although it is already up there, i think hermes will rise even higher.

Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Mar 29th, 2004 - 11:20 pm
Wow. Some of the comments on this thread remind me why I try not to be friends with other fashion people. "Food stamps"? "Dirty nails"? "$10 boots"? Could you be any more classist and horrible?
I agree with you!

Just because someone who doesnt look typically "rich" and groomed is carrying a LV bag, it doesnt always mean that the bag is a fake

30-03-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by vintage_princess+Mar 30th, 2004 - 1:32 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vintage_princess @ Mar 30th, 2004 - 1:32 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed@Mar 29th, 2004 - 11:20 pm
Wow. Some of the comments on this thread remind me why I try not to be friends with other fashion people. "Food stamps"? "Dirty nails"? "$10 boots"? Could you be any more classist and horrible?
I agree with you!

Just because someone who doesnt look typically "rich" and groomed is carrying a LV bag, it doesnt always mean that the bag is a fake [/b][/quote]
I don't think it is classist or horrible to wonder why someone who is carrying a $900 handbag needs the government to pay for their food......It wasn't a fake!

30-03-2004
Heated

Quote:
Originally posted by crystalized@Mar 30th, 2004 - 11:22 am
Stop. Talking. Seriously.

First of all, believe it or not, but not everyone knows/cares about Louis Vuitton bags. Many people who carry fakes probably think "oh this is a cute bag" and have absolutely no idea of the labels or campaigns or ideas or designers behind it. And good for them. Not everyone has to be a slave to fashion.

Also, your comments of being offended by dirty people on the streets are insanely appalling to me. Am I the only one that sees this? I don't know if I even have the time or energy to delve into why that is so wildly inappropriate.

31-03-2004
scenester

I'm saddened that LV is being bootlegged left and right. I don't think it'll go out of style anytime soon because it's been a classic for so long but it kills me to see them being sold for $150+ at a little stand in the middle of the local mall!! And to see teens walking around with limited edition LV's and acting snobby when the bag is so obviously fake. I've always been a fan of LV but with all these knock offs, I'm hesitant to buy more in the future

31-03-2004
V.I.P.

to answer ones question:
the MULTICOLORE will become as popular (if not more) as the VERNIS.
the VERNIS wasnt meant to be a continuous line until they saw the popularity of it.
hence some of their colors have been stopped being produced.
and since the MULTICOLORE will also be a contnued line, i can just see it going the right way to sell well... better than the VERNIS does

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
01-04-2004
rising star

....dumb question....whats the vernis!?

01-04-2004
chaos reigns

The vernis ... is the glossy version of LV ... think nail polish ... and look at this pic

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by blumarine@Apr 1st, 2004 - 11:15 pm
The vernis ... is the glossy version of LV ... think nail polish ... and look at this pic

The vernis is one of my favorite lines

It gives the monogram a totally different feel, so beautiful

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
icon, louis, passé, style, vuitton