How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-04-2004
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite+Apr 11th, 2004 - 7:22 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sephora_Socialite @ Apr 11th, 2004 - 7:22 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by vintage_princess@Apr 10th, 2004 - 4:21 am
Quote:
Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite@Apr 10th, 2004 - 4:00 am
<!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed
Quote:
Quote:
@Mar 29th, 2004 - 8:20 pm
Wow. Some of the comments on this thread remind me why I try not to be friends with other fashion people. "Food stamps"? "Dirty nails"? "$10 boots"? Could you be any more classist and horrible?

I didn't think she meant it that way and I hope you're not thinking a negative thought on all "fashionistas"....

like don't you find it odd if someone who lives in a well, I'll be kinda frank, not too good neighborhood and on foodstamps have a authentic LV Papillon that is worth 3,000 bucks?????

That just doesn't seem like a right picture. A person with foodstamps would use that 3 thou on things around the house not a freaking purse.So thats why you think its a fake...

I know maybe they know its a fake and just wanna get into the it trend..fine whatev...but maybe they see that knockoff and be like oh nice purse and have no idea its a fake of a LV bag. Not everyone knows haute couture and that's perfectly kool.

I agree...some people may find knock off purses cute and have no idea at all that they are knock offs from designer bags. Im not talking about the multi color murakami because because its prettty obvious it was done by LV..but the other day i was shopping and it took me a while to realize there was a "designer inspired" Gucci look- a- like bag on sale.

Also, i'll be honest, i definitely dont live in a great neighbourhood, but all my designer bags are authentic, so you shouldnt judge the authenticity of people's bags by where they live even if they use food stamps lol
*blush* I hope people don't all bad of me now ....like I hope I didn't come off as that..I meant it in general terms that a person who is on food stamps and stuff usually wouldnt spend 3 thou on a purse...they would use that money for things around the house if they didn't have much money...

and I didn't mean to offend anyone... [/b][/quote]
Im sure no one thinks badly of you at all...but LV does make the most lively discussions on this board

11-04-2004
V.I.P.

I never get into them, fearing for my life.. but laughes are had by reading them

12-04-2004
rising star

i'll butt in here again....we're having this great discussion about LV, no doubt, but what could be the next big thing? i just wanted yalls opinions, please stop arguing!

12-04-2004
front row

I absolutely love LV! I have about 5 of his bags-REAL. It is annoying to see people with fakes, but it's almost exactly the same design! Is this chat about fashion and designs, or about status symbols? I'll admit, I'll NEVER buy a fake, but it's the same design, even though sometimes people find it offensive that it's a fake. I think sometimes we just need to remember that it's all about the design! *But I still like the real ones better..... lolllll JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT!

12-04-2004
Fierce Flava

Quote:
Originally posted by VuittonSweetie!@Apr 12th, 2004 - 7:17 am
I absolutely love LV! I have about 5 of his bags-REAL. It is annoying to see people with fakes, but it's almost exactly the same design! Is this chat about fashion and designs, or about status symbols? I'll admit, I'll NEVER buy a fake, but it's the same design, even though sometimes people find it offensive that it's a fake. I think sometimes we just need to remember that it's all about the design! *But I still like the real ones better..... lolllll JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT!
Welcome!

Well I think its a bit of all being discussed

.......in a way though LV is kinda or was a status symbol..just like Tiffany&Co., but now its more common that its not just for the "privilaged"...except the luggage...now that is still a status thing...I saw one coat trunk that inside it had hangers and things for your coats.. its like 10 thousand...so you gotta admit thats pretty highstatus if someone could afford luggage like that.

Not sure whats gonna be the next bag craze yet other than the colorful LV's...
I wonder if one brand or another will be the crazy..here in LA though I've been seeing more and more of the Hermes' bags..

06-01-2005
rising star

Louis Vuitton: style icon or passe
I personally don't find anything attractive about Louis Vuitton. I just think that it's very boring and uniform. I bought an LV bag last year at Barneys and I regret it completely because I've worn it once and now it just sits in my closet and looks loney. Does anyone agree or does everyone on here like their bags?

front row

i agree and disagree.

on one hand, i own monogram bags and i hardly ever wear them because i'm fed up with the whole LV craze... i could careless if people think they're fake, etc, i just don't see the appeal anymore because everybody has one.

however, i love the damier, minimonogram and epi bags. there's something so cool about the damier that i can't explain... and the epi leather is gorgeous. i can't find a reason why i love the minimonogram, though, i think it looks childish to me and it kind of gives the outift a wave of innocence, imo.

06-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissP
i can't find a reason why i love the minimonogram, though, i think it looks childish to me and it kind of gives the outift a wave of innocence, imo.
This I actually agree with too. But yeah, I agree with you, I think that the reason I'm sick of them is because there was such a huge craze last year. It used to be a special thing to have Louis Vuitton because fakes weren't made and they were a status symbol, but like kate spade, Louis started getting fakes and anyone could then buy them. Disappointing.

backstage pass

ahh i agree. i must say though, i have never really understood the LV craze... id rather buy different colored bags than the same printed bag in different styles.. i find it quite monotonous to have the same print in different styles... i like variety!

V.I.P.

Please do a search before posting such generic topics. This is a fashion forum, don't you think LV has been covered before?

26-05-2005
V.I.P.

Louis Vuitton: style icon or passe
hi there everyone,
i'd like to thank everyone for making this site THE VERY BEST!

anyways...i just purchased my first Louis vuitton bag. im waiting for it to get here and because im anxious and impatient, i'd thought i'd ask the hommes and femmes of the chic-est accessories forum if they thought that this brand is still in style and a classic brand, or if it has been so over saturated in the market that it is just another brand. im really distgusted by all the knock-offs of this bag too. it really gets under my skin. and it has had the most coverage as the "it" bag from all those celebrity pics and ads...

oh by the way, i puchased the 45 keepall duffle, because i need a big bag to lug around all my baggage . im actually an artist and always carry around more than i need. so let me know what you think...

26-05-2005
fashion elite

^ Congrats!
That bag is great! I would like to eventually buy one like it...

Alot of posters of this forum dont like LV...
I myself LOVE LV, no matter what.
It is very classic IMO and I love all my LV (7) peices.

backstage pass

Lv is a classic as long as u stick to simple bags, none of that cherry/ denim collection, monogram is the way to go (not in pastel) and epi s always good to have as well.

V.I.P.

i was going to get a speedy but it didn't seem as versatile...the only one of the new bags i like was the carpet-type one, but it wasn't practical. i really like the new monograms though with the black canvas instead of the chocolate brown

26-05-2005
rising star

LV will never be passe, but it will always incite strong feelings among people.I love my Musette Salsa and large Noe, the way they are made, the stitching...LV bags are made by craftmen and using only the best materials and that is why they improve with age.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
icon, louis, passť, style, vuitton