How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2005
slightly dizzy

The classic LV designs will always be around IMO. LV can't possibly be a "leader" and keep on churning out "it" bags forever, but it'll never become passe either.

26-05-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque Marcel
I knew I read it somewhere, here is the article

The Alma bag designed for Chanel and the Speedy for Audrey Hepburn, you can't get more classic than that....

http://www.fashion.ie/index.cfm/fuse...C18AC9DF76.htm
I thought you meant designed for the House of Chanel. This makes it sound like LV made the bag for Coco (the person) herself.

Cool info.

26-05-2005
V.I.P.

very interesting...does anyone out there have a 45 keepall? or any of the keepalls? how do you like it?

26-05-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
The classic LV designs will always be around IMO. LV can't possibly be a "leader" and keep on churning out "it" bags forever, but it'll never become passe either.
well said

front row

The beauty of these bags is their quality and durability. I believe that when you spend a lot of money in a handbag, it is a mistake to buy it too trendy. It also has to fit your lifestyle and your wardrobe and be very confortable and practical too. So you can use it everyday. At the beginning you may want to reserve your LV for special occasions, but believe me once your bag loses its "respectability", you will end up putting nappies or milk bottles inside.

28-05-2005
V.I.P.

lets try and put the counterfeits aside....

LV is (no matter what) a CLASSIC... and that will never change.
the bag you got is great. i also have it in 55cm and i love it

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
28-05-2005
V.I.P.

thanks!

09-06-2005
fashion elite

did you guys know that LV takes special orders? I did not. but when I went in the store today looking for a 30 Speedy in myrtille epi, I was dismayed to learn that for some silly reason they don't make it in the 30, only the 25. but the lovely SA informed me that LV often makes made to order bags and while they do cost more depending on the special-ness of the request and require time, in my case it probably won't be much more or that long. and it will be made especially for me! how cool! I've been relatively uninterested in LV for a while now but my enthusiasm is reignited.

09-06-2005
Of too many minds

^

Oh yea, that happened to me before too. I was looking for the Epi snoufflot in vanilla but it was sold out by then. The SA volunteered to get it made specially for me, but I could not carry the deal through as I was flying off at that time.

That said, I think LV will always be around.

Fakes not withstanding, they do have a lot of classic bags and designs that will last forever.
My personal favourites are the Epi and Suhali.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
09-06-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
did you guys know that LV takes special orders? I did not. but when I went in the store today looking for a 30 Speedy in myrtille epi, I was dismayed to learn that for some silly reason they don't make it in the 30, only the 25. but the lovely SA informed me that LV often makes made to order bags and while they do cost more depending on the special-ness of the request and require time, in my case it probably won't be much more or that long. and it will be made especially for me! how cool! I've been relatively uninterested in LV for a while now but my enthusiasm is reignited.
yup their special orders are amazing...
i saw a pic of a customized croc alma...

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
^

Oh yea, that happened to me before too. I was looking for the Epi snoufflot in vanilla but it was sold out by then. The SA volunteered to get it made specially for me, but I could not carry the deal through as I was flying off at that time.

That said, I think LV will always be around.

Fakes not withstanding, they do have a lot of classic bags and designs that will last forever.
My personal favourites are the Epi and Suhali.
I agree. LV has been around since the 1800s (I think?) and they have a proven track record. Will Chloe, Balenciaga, Mulberry bags pass the test of time and continue to be popular in the next 50 years? I'm not sure....

09-06-2005
windowshopping

Actually, I was thinking the same thing last night. I haven't even been in the LV store in NYC in months because I was so bored and I can't stand being told that there's a wait list for a bag even before I know the name of it.

Anyway... last night I was watching the movie Private Benjamin (Goldie Hawn, 1980) and there she is carrying a LV Speedy! I was thinking, wow they're going to be around forever!

09-06-2005
windowshopping

Yes, LV does do special orders!

I S/O'ed a Damier Cabas Piano... can't wait to receive it!

09-06-2005
fashion elite

the LV SA just told me I can't get the 30 Speedy in Epi myrtille. boo hoo. still love LV though.

10-06-2005
trendsetter

I am thinking of special ordering a Speedy in Damier. What do you all think? I'm sick of the myriad of monogram Speedies.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
icon, louis, passť, style, vuitton