How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare2711
I am thinking of special ordering a Speedy in Damier. What do you all think? I'm sick of the myriad of monogram Speedies.
Thats sounds nice, the Speedy and Damier would compliment each other I think.

Does it cost extra to special order? Can you order seasonal prints? I want that Graffiti sooo bad, its the only LV print I totally love oh and I would get the Speedy in the Cerises with one big cherry on either side.

11-06-2005
backstage pass

ahh, everyone should have a damier speedy!!
if you're thinking about it, GO FOR IT, i say..
i have the 25..i just got it last week (after waiting 7 months...FINALLY!!!) and i can't explain how much i love the bag.. it's not as in your face as the monogram, but it's just as classic...

special orders are GENERALLY 30% more than retail (my 25 came to $685..though i ordered it before the price increas, and it was SUPPOSED to be $655 when i ordered it.. i thought that sucked that the price went up for my SOed bag...lol but what's $30 when you're spending over $600, you know? ), but i'm sure it varies by complexity....i haven't looked into it more than just ordering my speedy. i always wondered if you could special order a speedy in vernis......that would be scrumptious!

and pic of mine:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speedy03.jpg (27.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg speedy06.jpg (52.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by agirlcalledk1ll; 11-06-2005 at 12:09 AM.
11-06-2005
trendsetter

I don't recall seeing the -Cerise on one item- on big bag items. If they don't have such prints, then you can't SO it.

Ooooh, that's a very lovely Speedy! Think the next time I get to LV, I will just have to SO this!

11-06-2005
backstage pass

speedy in damier is really nice. go for it kare!

11-06-2005
trendsetter

Thanks! to all. Think I'll just have to get the Damier Speedy,

11-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare2711
I don't recall seeing the -Cerise on one item- on big bag items. If they don't have such prints, then you can't SO it.

Ooooh, that's a very lovely Speedy! Think the next time I get to LV, I will just have to SO this!
My sister is offering to get me any graduation gift I want. So I called LV to see if I could get the Graffiti done in the Musette style, but you can't get out of season prints . I could do the Cerises, but my heart isn't into it.

The Speedy looks great in the Damier, they should make that non special order, but then your's wouldn't be rare...:p

12-06-2005
sec
rising star

Graffiti is passe, that's for sure.

12-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec
Graffiti is passe, that's for sure.
It is not, I think it's so very cool, it's a contradiction that you're wearing a LV that has spraypaint all over it.

12-06-2005
backstage pass

...you can special order cerise pieces??
that's news to me!! but i would imagine not for long, if you can, since they're going to stop manufacturing them soon...
i also heard that MC can be special ordered... but mostly i've heard it couldn't be not at all.....
i have to go there one day and just talk with the SO manager to look at the SO book and see what can and can't be done...lol

blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirlcalledk1ll
...you can special order cerise pieces??
that's news to me!! but i would imagine not for long, if you can, since they're going to stop manufacturing them soon...
i also heard that MC can be special ordered... but mostly i've heard it couldn't be not at all.....
i have to go there one day and just talk with the SO manager to look at the SO book and see what can and can't be done...lol
wow if i had the money
id SO a cerise speedy in 30 with huge cherries like the ones on keepalls...
and use red lizard leather for trimming/handles...
now that would be

V.I.P.

yah, i like it tooo! maybe in a couple years i'll get a secial order one, but right now, the keepall is as big as my britches will allow. i know there's a idea out there that if your not super wealthy, you shouldn't buy luxury bags because it takes the "luxury" out of the equation....but im a student, and have accomplished my fair share of personal accomplishments and stuff and am getting this bag as a gift to myself. last year i designer for dooney and bourke and i just got signed with an illustration company. i've done pattern design, product design, have done prototypes and im only 20! so for my big 21, this bag's for me! i cant wait to get my 45 keepall!!!!!!!

14-06-2005
fashion elite

I just tried to special order a bag, but was turned down. apparently you can't special order a bag in either (1) a discontinued fabric or color (so if you want a cerise speedy I suggest you get it now), or (2) a fabric or color that is too new (which may apply to the cerise print).

14-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
I just tried to special order a bag, but was turned down. apparently you can't special order a bag in either (1) a discontinued fabric or color (so if you want a cerise speedy I suggest you get it now), or (2) a fabric or color that is too new (which may apply to the cerise print).
LV turn down money? That's shocking.

Anyways, today I went to LV and I was soo tempted to get a Monogram Musette, I have to think about it, because it's like 1k and I didnt know if I wanted the Damier Geant Pionnier. Maybe I will get the Musette, I think I have the sense of style to keep it from being tacky. Ill think about it. Maybe Ill save the money for when I go to NYC.

Last edited by Diorling; 14-06-2005 at 06:36 PM.
27-08-2005
rising star

Louis Vuitton bags?
Fashionable? trendy? or too damn common!?? id say the latter

27-08-2005
Diamond

We already have a thread like this (Louis Vuitton: style icon or passe). Maybe the Mods can merge the two?

~Madeleine Albright
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
icon, louis, passť, style, vuitton