How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-10-2005
rising star

Do you think Louis Vuitton would make special orders for bags in Monogram Denim?

26-10-2005
rising star

I really love black epi speedys... I saw one on a woman the other day and it just looks so classy, and classic!

Does anyone know anything about the heatstamping that LV does on some of its bags? I saw someone once with colored heat stamping, which really looked great. Do they do it on epi, or only on the vachetta of their monogram bags? Is it free?

27-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwalkxxqueen
Do you think Louis Vuitton would make special orders for bags in Monogram Denim?
I doubt that they will let you SO a style in mono denim right now since the denim line was just introduced spring/summer 2005. It is said that the denim line is permanant so maybe in another year or two you can special order a style in it.

27-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietonne
Does anyone know anything about the heatstamping that LV does on some of its bags? I saw someone once with colored heat stamping, which really looked great. Do they do it on epi, or only on the vachetta of their monogram bags? Is it free?
Heatstamping is free and can be done almost on anything. I've seen heatstamping on the tabs of the Speedy (where the handle is attached to), the inside of their agenda, the vachetta luggage tag, etc. It isn't limited to just vachetta leather. Also you can choose the font and color you want.

If your boutique doesn't offer heatstamping, they will send it out to the nearest boutique to get it done and it'll get returned to you within a week.

27-10-2005
trendsetter

Oh I like the idea of heat-stamping/customising my bag. I'm going to enquire about this at the LV boutique.

28-10-2005
windowshopping

Does anyone have a picture of a heatstamped/customized LV bag?

28-10-2005
urd
tfs star

I would never ever carry a LV. and monogram denim is the tackyest thing in the world

28-10-2005
windowshopping

I would and I do but I hate that there are so many fakes here in Finland...

28-10-2005
backstage pass

No matter how many fakes are around you, the only important thing is that YOU know yours is real (or fake ). Isn't it about knowing the long history, tradition and craftmenship? Knowing you're carrying a real piece of classic bag history?

I also prefer Epi and Suhali, but as a lover of the brand itself I had to get at least one MC piece that will patina, love the yellow stitching standing out from the tanned leather and those colors next to the MC, cos usually I wouldn't buy anything brown or yellow but the patina process is worth it, cause it's like your bag develops with you over the time.

28-10-2005
rising star

Alma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque Marcel
LV is classic, didn't they make a bag just for Coco Chanel?
I am pretty sure that was the Alma, right? so that's definitely a classic!

28-10-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque Marcel
I knew I read it somewhere, here is the article

The Alma bag designed for Chanel and the Speedy for Audrey Hepburn, you can't get more classic than that....

http://www.fashion.ie/index.cfm/fuse...C18AC9DF76.htm
doh! should have read the whole thread first.

I wonder if the originals were all leather...

28-10-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionFinn
Does anyone have a picture of a heatstamped/customized LV bag?
here's a pic of my heatstamped luggage tag:

i wouldn't really personalize a bag with my initals itself. especially if it's already monogrammed. jmho.

windowshopping

Why the louis vuitton obsession?
why is everyone so obsessed with the louis vuitton bag and print??? Not that i dont like it, just what is so incredible. Its no longer unique..

15-12-2010
front row

I've never understood it either, for awhile it seemed like everyone had a Louis Vuitton bag and so many stores were selling knock offs of them, maybe for some people its the prestige of owning one.

15-12-2010
front row

I think a LV and Chanel used to speak a lot about the person carrying one. It spoke of wealth, class, status etc because their logos are so easily recognisable, even for a person who has no knowledge of fashion. However, since all these knockoffs have made it so incredibly easy for anyone to be seen with one, the value has been lost. I'd actually be embarassed to carry a lv bag even if it was real because when you see someone carrying one nowadays you automatically assume it's just another fake.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
icon, louis, passť, style, vuitton