How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-03-2004
rising star

I went to the mall today and saw at least 6 LV's and over 12 knockoffs....so i was wondering..

has anyone thought that maybe the LV phase could be wearing thin? it seems like everyone and their dog has one, or a fake one, and it doesnt even seem like a status symbol anymore.

dont get me wrong, i still LOVE LV, but it doesnt have the same appeal anymore..

could something else, other than the totally out there monograms and what not, be next?

27-03-2004
V.I.P.

i could write an essay on this with in depth observations but ill just keep it short and simple:

i dont think anything will be as big as LV... at least not anytime soon.
LV is the easiest bag to copy and therefore until now its the pattern we see most of on the streets

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
27-03-2004
trendsetter

i know, it's crazy seeing knockoffs in a MALL. i mean, it's one thing seeing them on the streets. i saw knockoffs of the cherry blossom bag, except the cherry blossoms were replaced with pink daisies w/ smiley faces on them

i wouldn't know the "next" one, but i heard that the LV market has gone down in Japan as of last year

27-03-2004
V.I.P.

Wasn't there actually a bag made by LV with those frightening flowers that have faces?

I must agree with you. It has already worn thin... Louis Vuitton has been ruined by this craze. It's boosting their profits now, but in a year or two no one will want it.

27-03-2004
fashion elite

The trend hasn't died in 150 years, I doubt it will now. I hope the hype slows down a little though, I can't stand seeing so many icky fakes.

fashion insider

it's true that the Vuitton hype is crazy now, but I don't think Louis Vuitton will ever die.

28-03-2004
backstage pass

I guess some of their now stylish bags and purses could go out of style, but their luggage will always be classic. Plus their luggage is not over-exposed because they're more expensive than the bags!

28-03-2004
fashion icon

To be honest, i think they wont die because they are always coming out with the new "it" bags that everyone wants but cant get. & with the whole fake bag thing, i dont really care as long as I know the bag & the quality is real

rising star

Because of this whole fake LV bag deal, every time I see a person carry an "expensive" bag I see on the street, I just think, "God, is that fake or real?" because there's a copycat of every bag on every corner. It's just ... eh!

28-03-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by exsupahero@Mar 28th, 2004 - 3:12 am
Because of this whole fake LV bag deal, every time I see a person carry an "expensive" bag I see on the street, I just think, "God, is that fake or real?" because there's a copycat of every bag on every corner. It's just ... eh!
that's why i've always been hesitant to want an LV bag...
but it depends on where you live. if you lived in TOKYO, then you would never have to waste time wondering

28-03-2004
etre soi-meme

people are holding fake LV bags while shopping in the fruit & vegetable market in my neighbourhood , they use them for stocking their food

LV (mainly fakes) are worn with lots of salt by young eccentric mix& match girls in my part of the woods.
they are basically taking the p**s out of the LV logo fascination and this can be
fresh and funky.. since they wear them with a big "its just my stylistic joke" smile.

will the trend die?
with this new (almost ridicule - no offence please) 'twist' coming from very young girls, i'm not sure LV bags will go 'soft' anytime soon.

the fake vendors are making business outside our tube stations
(Fendi , Celine, Gucci and old school Prada's are also hot "fake" numbers, but the kids here stick with their LV joke)

28-03-2004
V.I.P.

i can't stand it. at one point, i found it funny. i mean if you have dark roots, unwashed hands, dirty nails, boots that cost 10 dollars and you are carrying an LV bag there isn't any doubt about whether it is real or fake.
i was counting yesterday, i too went to the supermarket, and i counted
3 brown classic LV fakes
4 white multicoloured monogram fakes
4 cherry blossom fakes.

and this was all in one supermarket.

i find it ridiculous. the people really disgust me. with the money the LV bag costs (15 dollars?) you can buy a really cute, original zara bag.

i mean give me a fricken break.

sorry, but i'm just sick of it. people work their asses off and save money to buy a real LV bag and then there are all these replicas everywhere..

Adorable illusion

Theres so many topics about LV!
Anyway in my opinion LV will always be classic, i cannot imagine another designer label taking over their spot lol

29-03-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by crystalized@Mar 28th, 2004 - 6:05 am
i can't stand it. at one point, i found it funny. i mean if you have dark roots, unwashed hands, dirty nails, boots that cost 10 dollars and you are carrying an LV bag there isn't any doubt about whether it is real or fake.
i was counting yesterday, i too went to the supermarket, and i counted
3 brown classic LV fakes
4 white multicoloured monogram fakes
4 cherry blossom fakes.

and this was all in one supermarket.

i find it ridiculous. the people really disgust me. with the money the LV bag costs (15 dollars?) you can buy a really cute, original zara bag.

i mean give me a fricken break.

sorry, but i'm just sick of it. people work their asses off and save money to buy a real LV bag and then there are all these replicas everywhere..
I agree...I saw a lady at the supermarket using food stamps and carrying a LV!!!

29-03-2004
Heated

Wow. Some of the comments on this thread remind me why I try not to be friends with other fashion people. "Food stamps"? "Dirty nails"? "$10 boots"? Could you be any more classist and horrible?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
icon, louis, passé, style, vuitton