How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-01-2004
rising star

I am looking for a wallet for my boyfriend and I have come to the conclusion of the LV wallet, but I want to know I am getting the real thing, How do you tell the difference between a real one or the fake one? Thanks.

Is this real or fake?

24-01-2004
V.I.P.

from that pic, i cant tell much. except my gut feeling that says its FAKE.

i got wallets from LV boutique and they never came in a dustbag.
*also i think the box is a bit darker.. unles its a bad pic.
*the plain leather on the inside should be dark leather (compared to the handbags )

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
24-01-2004
Heated

FAKE FAKE FAKE

Wallets don't come with dustbags and Vuitton dustbags never have a scalloped flap like that one. They are cut like a square. So many fake bags will have these cheap dustbags and it's a telltale sign of a fake.

24-01-2004
rising star

I got this picture from Ebay, advertising as a AUTHENTIC, but I know it is a fake, because mypoupette tells that LV dustbag are not round. I was just wondering, without looking at the dustbag or the box, how can you tell? Thanks everyone for your replies and views.

24-01-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by luckycardslady@Jan 24th, 2004 - 6:44 pm
I got this picture from Ebay, advertising as a AUTHENTIC, but I know it is a fake, because mypoupette tells that LV dustbag are not round. I was just wondering, without looking at the dustbag or the box, how can you tell? Thanks everyone for your replies and views.
well, the way I look at it is that the Monogram "flower" things at the top are cut off more than the ones at the bottom, they should be the same (since the "LV" should be right in the middle).

24-01-2004
V.I.P.

its quite difficult to tell from the wallet itself.
the LV monogram canvas has been copied for so many years and is by now done perfectly well by many facturies.
pictures of the inside would help

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
24-01-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 24th, 2004 - 5:19 pm
FAKE FAKE FAKE

Wallets don't come with dustbags and Vuitton dustbags never have a scalloped flap like that one. They are cut like a square. So many fake bags will have these cheap dustbags and it's a telltale sign of a fake.
yeah, i'm also thinking of getting an LV wallet. the billfold one that has the 2 digonal flaps on the right side.

ok, so LV wallets never come in dustbags, ever? cuz if they don't i can cross out those ones i see on ebay with the dusbags that have a straight edge too then?

i did a search just to see how many fakes were on there and what they were going for. OMG! there was one just like the picture in here that was going for 180! yeah i'm gonna save myself the trouble and buy a real one at our new gigantic LV store in houston.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lv, mens, wallet!