Marc Jacobs Stam Bag (September 2005 - March 2010) - Page 433 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-08-2009
fashion icon

yeah I detached the chain once and I was horrified. It looks naked without it.

07-08-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmelanie View Post
yeah I detached the chain once and I was horrified. It looks naked without it.
I tried it to to lose some weight, it just looked plain and boring!

09-08-2009
tfs star

Love the patchwork, Toothfairy. And your outfit is completely adorable with it. I'm like you - my back has been hurting so much lately from the wight of all my bags, so i've had to just use my Chanel 2.55 for a week (which is hard for me as you can fit hardly anything in it and i'm used to my roomy stams, etc) because it's light. Need to learn to not carry so much stuff around, and not be tempted to fill my stams just because they're large.

GG, I wish i'd got the slate patchwork too, I love it! I don't think i've ever seen that one of yours though (only your plum stam and was it the mouse stam?). Do post pics! I'll have to get around to taking photos of mine one of these days too.

And I agree, although they are much lighter without the chain, that is the whole fun of them! They look completely naked, and almost like impostor cheap stams (even though they're the real thing) without it. Plus, I like to carry mine by the chain so it looks more casual, and the Mina and baby versions only had chains, not handles, so there is no choice.

09-08-2009
front row

I really love the sequin Stam. Very pretty.

10-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots & Perfume View Post
Love the patchwork, Toothfairy. And your outfit is completely adorable with it. I'm like you - my back has been hurting so much lately from the wight of all my bags, so i've had to just use my Chanel 2.55 for a week (which is hard for me as you can fit hardly anything in it and i'm used to my roomy stams, etc) because it's light. Need to learn to not carry so much stuff around, and not be tempted to fill my stams just because they're large.

GG, I wish i'd got the slate patchwork too, I love it! I don't think i've ever seen that one of yours though (only your plum stam and was it the mouse stam?). Do post pics! I'll have to get around to taking photos of mine one of these days too.

And I agree, although they are much lighter without the chain, that is the whole fun of them! They look completely naked, and almost like impostor cheap stams (even though they're the real thing) without it. Plus, I like to carry mine by the chain so it looks more casual, and the Mina and baby versions only had chains, not handles, so there is no choice.
i found pics I posted a while back when I just got the stam. I got the beige first, then exchanged for the slate.

sidenote - the hideous room in the background is not mine It was my bf's at the time.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/att...4&d=1170130275
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/att...3&d=1170130275
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/att...5&d=1170130275
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/att...1&d=1171785048
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/att...0&d=1171785048

11-08-2009
tfs star

GG - oh that's right, I remember telling you to go for the slate over the beige (I found the beige a little mumsy). Is that the slate in the last two pics? It's looks so lovely and dove-grey. P.S. I still love that white top in the last two - amazing!! How many stams do you have now? We're a little crazy with out multiples, aren't we? hehe
I remember around the same time there was a patent dove grey too (think it was in the regular quilting) which I still regret not getting. Can't even remember what the colour was called though.

11-08-2009
Of too many minds

GG, thanks for sharing. Seeing those pictures reminds me that I should really dust off my stam and put it to good use again!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

11-08-2009
Empire State of Mind

Not only you, PP. I've neglected my Stam for months and have a little bit of a bad conscience as I try to give all my bags equal attention. Well, I guess it doesn't always work out.

11-08-2009
THE STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96 View Post
i found pics I posted a while back when I just got the stam. I got the beige first, then exchanged for the slate.

sidenote - the hideous room in the background is not mine It was my bf's at the time.
Your stam is soo gorgeous!! Think it might just beat the black one

12-08-2009
fashion icon

i just brought out my black stam yesterday!!!! god I love this bag! its now my favorite even over my A.Wang coco!

12-08-2009
V.I.P.

glad to see some stam love going around!

Boots & perfume - yep, thats the slate in the last two pics. I have 3 now - mouse, plum patent and the slate patchwork. This might just be my favorite bag that I own, I wouldnt mind a 4th! It makes any outfit more intresting, easy to carry and use, good size, durable.

14-08-2009
tfs star

It IS good to see the Stam love abounding. If I had to have a signature bag, it would definitely be one of my stams or my Chanel. I just love the way they look so classic, yet also casual and chic when casually slung over the shoulder by the chain.

GG I have three too, but would definitely consider a 4th if I ever saw that dove patent or your mouse classic (such a nice colour) again. My putty is still my favourite, but my it gets stained when I wear it with anything dark!

14-08-2009
V.I.P.

^I highly recommend lovinmybags products, they all work really well. If the stain still wont come out their restoration services are great.

21-08-2009
frozen

my sunburst stam...i'm totally loving it...

21-08-2009
front row

OH MY GOSH kimair! That is one beautiful bag!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, bag, jacobs, marc, march, september, stam