How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-11-2006
V.I.P.

the kangaroo leather is intruiging....
and i really like the fuschia violet color and the studs.
and siouxsie is one of my fave singers...love this line. but i wish it werent so damn expensive!

28-11-2006
still here

went to MJ today, the chain pouchette and the mixed chain look ok when you take the chain off and use it as a clutch....but then it's a way too expensive clutch :p

28-11-2006
backstage pass

I was speculating that maybe the high price is due to the rarity of kangaroos. Does that sound silly?

Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
28-11-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralsnowman
I was speculating that maybe the high price is due to the rarity of kangaroos. Does that sound silly?
Isn't Australia full of them?

28-11-2006
fashion icon

i wish this was marc by marc and not the collection...it seems marc is getting sloppy now adays

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
Isn't Australia full of them?
Too true! But I was thinking more along the lines of, kangaroos aren't really bred in large numbers in huge feedlots for our use, like cows are. I wonder where they get the 'roos for these bags? I know that Australia and Thailand have huge croc farms that provide the skins for the crocodile goods market, but I've never heard of a kangaroo farm.

Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
28-11-2006
V.I.P.

hahha! kangaroo farms.....dont you need special bumpers on your cars when driving around the outback???? ahhhhhhhh, marc dear.....what will you think of next! i do agre, these should have been his M by MJ line...........but since it isn't so, i wonder whats going to be his new bags for marc by marc.....

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com

Last edited by jun3machina; 28-11-2006 at 11:56 PM.
30-11-2006
rising star

I love this line. Love the violet sid. I love the mixed chain pouchette too. Even the flats are cute, if severely overpriced! I don't think you can say they're lanvin-inspired just because they're ballet flats.

30-11-2006
backstage pass

<<< Exclusive to MJ boutiques >>>
* MIXED CHAIN *
CHAIN POUCHETTE
C363046
11.5 x 7.5 x 2"
$1350USD
Colors: Black, Brown, Red

(source: pictures taken by Alfredo - my SA at MJ store in Boston)
CHAIN POUCHETTE in RED

30-11-2006
backstage pass

* SWEET PUNK *
PUNK HOBO
C363058
16 x 8.5 x 5"
$2450USD
Colors: Black, Almond, Fluo Orange

(source: pic taken by MJ_Boston's Alfredo)
PUNK HOBO in BLACK

30-11-2006
backstage pass

^ I asked Alfredo for pictures of these bags on someone petite (5 footer), I wanted to see whether they would be too big. I love the Chain Pouchette!!!! =)

30-11-2006
Info warrior/technophile

Thanks for all the pics bag.lover! I'm not a fan of the bags at all, but I appreciate your hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralsnowman
Too true! But I was thinking more along the lines of, kangaroos aren't really bred in large numbers in huge feedlots for our use, like cows are. I wonder where they get the 'roos for these bags? I know that Australia and Thailand have huge croc farms that provide the skins for the crocodile goods market, but I've never heard of a kangaroo farm.
Here is a link to info about kangaroos in Australia (they do not have farms, but apparently some species are harvested and closely monitored): http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/kangaroos.html

Of them all, the chain pouchette is my favorite, but honestly, I have to agree this line looks kind of cheap (I’m so sorry I hope I don’t offend anyone). If I saw these out and about on someone, I think I would never recognize it as a designer bag. I REALLY don't like the chipped paint look. It's SO dated, but I guess that is the point, to look like the '80s.

And boy these bags look like they were made in the 80's, used every day in the 80's, thrown in a bin somewhere with some sand paper through the 90's and early 21st century and then resurrected from the dead after being buried, in it's dust bag of course, in the pet cemetery (or handbag cemetery) for long enough to breathe life back into the bag. I think they may want to kill me too (one of the side effects of being unnaturally resurrected when death was the natural course). *Just joking * They really don't look that bad. They just aren't my thing.

XOXOXOXOXO

Last edited by Umm Zain; 30-11-2006 at 08:25 AM.
30-11-2006
rising star

wow, i thought these bags were for marc my marc jacobs. the bags are cool, but the price range is completely inappropriate. i would never spend $2000 on this line. should be $300-$700.

30-11-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm Zain
Here is a link to info about kangaroos in Australia (they do not have farms, but apparently some species are harvested and closely monitored): http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/kangaroos.html
Umm Zain that was oddly... fascinating reading. I now know more about kangaroos than I ever did (or wanted?) to know!

Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
30-11-2006
Info warrior/technophile

Wasn't it though?! While reading the page I kept saying, "ah" or "okay..."

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jacobs, line, marc, punk, sweet