How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-03-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar View Post
I love this thread. You guys make me feel like its okay...this sickness...this bag addiction I have.

I agree. Anything that fits into a clutch probably fits into a small wallet or better yet, a normal sized bag. Why go through the hassle of carrying something without handles?

01-03-2008
& b

^ well, i have a clutch that i love (it has a wrist strap)...and it's perfect. holds everything i need and it's not as cumbersome as carrying around a huge travel-sized bag, on times when i really don't need a huge bag.

01-03-2008
Geometric Discharge

Well, it's a sports bag Urban, so if you're a man in an uber conservative area i'm sure the people will love you all the more You just can't carry it like a Birkin

Does anyone know where I can get a nice clutch-esque bag pour homme? I use my wallet (well, purse) as a clutch most of the time, mainly because it makes my jean pockets square and hence ridiculous. I want something nice.
XX

01-03-2008
trendsetter

^ Hermes Jige.

01-03-2008
trendsetter

nice foxie- the shape reminds me a lot of my goyard st. louis.... very similar to the aforementioned LV bag

01-03-2008
fashion insider

Thanks again everyone

Yeah...the shape is just a very classic basic tote that you could find anywhere but the artistry and craftmanship are so spectacular...it's entirely handwoven around a mold by 2 people for 2 days with over 70 "fettucini" strips both inside and out, making this bag a total of 4 layers...also, the finish on my bag is handpainted, which makes it extra special and unique...imo, the price is totally justifiable with the amount of work that went into the bag...I love it so much I could use it as a pillow

02-03-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
^ well, i have a clutch that i love (it has a wrist strap)...and it's perfect. holds everything i need and it's not as cumbersome as carrying around a huge travel-sized bag, on times when i really don't need a huge bag.
I think sometime men need clutches to carry wallet (no more square butt), cell phones, car's key, series of essential keys, passport, IDs, perfume, and ofcourse 9mm all together. Asian and Russian men used to carry their things on a small purse for decades. Thus, revamp this old fashion heritage is a good idea hahaha. umm actualy.. am seein that Fendi's gigantic clutch as replacement for my LV cherry pochete and lil batik pouch.

02-03-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh View Post
I love it so much I could use it as a pillow
great idea!

02-03-2008
Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-smiths View Post
^ Hermes Jige.
Good god that's a gorgeous clutch-esque.

(forum.purseblog.com)
Here in a favourite colour of mine - Jesus that's a fffiiiinnneeee bag
Thanks The Smiths

Foxie-Pooh I always love to hear the craftsmanship that goes into these fantastic items that seriously sets them aside from any other. Two days to make one? Stunning. So jealous about that bag
love love love
karma both

02-03-2008
trendsetter

Yea I love the Jige; I have one in etoupe something (really grained) and Im eyeballing one in Vert Olive and I really really really want one in black patent croc, but StreetALishis priced one for me at like 20 grand...That's really ridiucouls.

02-03-2008
fashion elite

the-smiths... do you by chance have any shots of yourself carrying the jige? Its a great shape, and etoupe is an amazing color, I am just really curious to see how it wears on a man.

02-03-2008
fashion insider

I've always wanted a black box jige gm but haven't had the luck to find one...porous croc sounds great too...maybe you can SO one soon!

03-03-2008
Geometric Discharge

Twenty grand? Oh wait, are you talking in dollars?
If you are, still ten thousand pounds is a lot for a clutch-esque bag..
Damn gorgeous though, and yes, the-smiths pleaaaseeee post a pic of either you with it or just it! I wanna see And you can have the pleasure of me being uber-jealous
xxx

03-03-2008
backstage pass

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with some here on the clutch for men. It is ridiculous. I think men should draw the line at a travel bag. Once you start venturing off into clutches you might as well be a woman. That's just my opinion.

03-03-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-smiths View Post
Yea I love the Jige; I have one in etoupe something (really grained) and Im eyeballing one in Vert Olive and I really really really want one in black patent croc, but StreetALishis priced one for me at like 20 grand...That's really ridiucouls.
learn to write my name bimbo.

and my Hermès store didn't even take that order. appearantly each Hermès store only has a certain contigency of croc items per year that they can order from Paris and the Viennese store tends to just order croc Kellys or Birkins.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, bags, men