How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2009
windowshopping

Men's Duffle Bags
Good evening. It's a pleasure to be posting on The Fashion Spot. While I've been a member of RegGeek, a site devoted to watches for about a year, it's been about the last 6 months I've started learning about big name fashions. Previously, I wouldn't have known a Berkin from a Bear, or a Damier Azur from a Graphite Roadster. But it's all started to come together.

So for about 4 months or so, since taking a family trip for 2 days/1 night, and needing a nice weekender bag but not having a duffle... I've been trying to decide on a dealer and particular piece for travel. Something I can take on a plane as a carry-on, throw in the back seat of the car, or wouldn't be concerned about carrying onto a train.

I started infatuated with LV's Damier Azur line. I even bought a 55 and a LV Garment Bag from one rep dealer. But the garment bags are very disappointing when you consider their "key ring" style hanger holders, and that the bag wasn't thick enough to hold more than one outfit at a time, let alone the extra 4 hangers I'd purchased. In the end, those bags were returned, watches were purchased in their place, and the search resumed.

Thereafter, I found out about the Damier Graphite Roadster. I really wanted one, but most reps were NOT the same bag. Bad linings, incorrect pockets if they even had one, and I was NOT impressed. About a month later, I visited an authentic LV dealer and saw the Taiga Garment Bag. I was SO impressed, I immediately looked for one. But I've never known ANY rep dealer to actually carry them except Jacky. And I didn't like the charges for under 5 bags, Western Union, etc. So I went another direction.

Instead, Friday I went to Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, Burlington Coat Factory... none of them had what I liked. In the end, I went to Fossil on Saturday and found their Black Mason Leather Duffle on sale for $149. I had gone in to look at the Jackson, but I found the carry strap so hideous (not leather at all), I immediately decided against it. Instead, the Mason had nice zippers, would fit on a plane, and seems to be fairly scratch resistant in a bag that was $70 or so off.

Wasn't sure I'd like the style of the bag, not having a full zipper for easier access. And I'd wanted a lighter brown to switch things up, as I have a black leather jacket and wear a lot of black and dark browns. But the fact is the black looks great in person, and is a really nice bag.

Would still like to get a 2008 LV Camera Bag if I can find a decent one. Jacky indicates they don't have one at the moment, and dealers with that particular model seem hard to come by. So instead, I got a legit "camera bag" from Best Buy, a 16GB PNY Class 6 SDHC memory card from new egg, a Sony recharageable battery kit with 2700 mAH batteries, and I'm looking forward to when my Canon PowerShot SX1 is released and delivered!

Thanks for the chance to post here, and I look forward to getting to know many of you soon!

17-03-2009
rising star

welcome
how about an army style bag for just for travel and a more expensive one for other things?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, duffle, men