How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2005
scenester

MJ bags and celebs? Can't spot them together??
Hello--- this is my first post or thread or whatever you call it Im a newbie...but I was wonderin why no celebs whatsoever carry Marc's bags???? Are they out or what, I'm confused!! Thanks.

04-05-2005
V.I.P.

Ive never noticed that...

Now that I think about it not many celebs carry MJ bags, not even MK&A or Kirsten Dunst, very MJ girls. The Spy, Classique, Birkin and Paddington are much more popular with celebs.

04-05-2005
V.I.P.

There's a pic of sophia bush carrying one here somewhere...i have seen ppl carrying them, just can't recall who......but if you see a celeb carrying a Louis Vuitton bag, and they all do, that's technically a Marc Jacobs bag

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssy4eva
There's a pic of sophia bush carrying one here somewhere...i have seen ppl carrying them, just can't recall who......but if you see a celeb carrying a Louis Vuitton bag, and they all do, that's technically a Marc Jacobs bag
Sophia Bush is a semi-celeb, she's only famous cause her father is a moron (The man mispronounced alibi).

Oh, right, if you count LV then everyone and thier mother carrys a MJ.

04-05-2005
scenester

That's very true about LV, and Ms. Bush is the last person I would want to see carrying MJ, but I just bought 2 and I love them!!! It just boggles my mind that I never see them anywhere in the media. To be honest, I would rather that they don't appear on the arms of someone too famous!!!

04-05-2005
scenester

P.S. Does anyone know if Marc Jacobs stores will fix your bags if the lose a metal stud thing??? One of mine broke awhile ago...=(

04-05-2005
scenester

Oh, wrong bush, she was talking about the girl on that show, I don't know what it's called...not related to W.

04-05-2005
Adorable illusion

I think I remember seeing some celeb carry a Marc Jacobs bag..maybe it was Jessica Simpson..but i've definitely dont think they are "out" because not a lot of celebs are pictured with one.

04-05-2005
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen9804
Hello--- this is my first post or thread or whatever you call it Im a newbie...but I was wonderin why no celebs whatsoever carry Marc's bags???? Are they out or what, I'm confused!! Thanks.
jada pinkett smith was in the people style issue with her white stella

selma blair had a style named after her recently (and there's pics of her in the candids thread with it).

sofia coppola is usually seen in mags carrying an older sofia (the bag named for her)

kirsten dunst has a baby devon (an older style)...i've seen pics of her with it.

lil kim has quite a few marc bags (she's supposedly his new muse )

these are just the one's I can think of off the top of my head...they definitely aren't "out"...

Last edited by kimair; 04-05-2005 at 10:23 PM.
04-05-2005
scenester

Thanks for the list...I guess I really didn't mean "out", more like "out" in Hollywood or something.

04-05-2005
fashion elite

Kathleen---They do not do in-house repairs but they can probably send it out for you.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair
lil kim has quite a few marc bags (she's supposedly his new muse )
next season...nipple tops....do you need any more fabric?.....hotpants and thongs as outerwear...oh and of course plastic platform stilletos will complete the new marc jacobs girl

Are you kidding me......if she is the new muse....lord help us

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
Sophia Bush is a semi-celeb, she's only famous cause her father is a moron (The man mispronounced alibi).

Oh, right, if you count LV then everyone and thier mother carrys a MJ.
I 'm not talking about one of the Bush daughters...i'm talking about Sophia Bush...best known for one tree hill and being Chad Michael Murray's signifigant other .....

A pic of her MJ bag...not the best but you can see it, she also has a green one i believe....

Last edited by jssy4eva; 04-05-2005 at 11:55 PM.
04-05-2005
fashion elite

Oh God! if that the case I'm not intend to buy any of his bag from any collections

05-05-2005
scenester

Has anyone looked at the Marc by Marc for fall 05?? I love most of them but I find some of them rather bland...the shiny one with circles is soo cute, esp in purple. It's so eye-catching, in a good way I think. Does anyone think this is too over the top???

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, celebs, mj, spot