How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-05-2005
rising star

my most expensive bag is a fendi mama bag...it's the only one of my designer bags that i bought full price. there are times i regret having bought it...then again, with bags..NO REGRETS!!!

03-05-2005
front row

my most expensive bag - 28cm bicolor kelly in togo leather Euro3600 (although I don't have it yet, expecting it by end of MAy or early June).

15-06-2005
front row

my vintage seafoam twiggy balenciaga..

it's a permanent part of my body when i go out to anything =).. and it seems to go with anything i wear too! and it's the perfect size.. and it feels like a dream!
i love it.. it's great on so many levels.
so i couldn't afford it; but hey - i couldn't pass on the offer either! so i'll be putting my paychecks to repayments for a little while..

i looked at all the other bags in the price range available, but nothing from any of the other designers appealed to me nearly as much..
balenciaga is the only one i love, and have loved since it came out in 2001... and the only one where the hefty price tag doesnt make me feel .. for some reason, my love for it fully justifies the price?

Last edited by hellooholly; 15-06-2005 at 12:42 PM.
15-06-2005
fashion elite

^ your bag is super pretty hellooholly...

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamboatannie
My most expensive bag I had was actually a gift from my best friend. She got me a juicy couture bag( looks like the birkin) and it was around 475.00. I kept it for one week before we returned it. It was a gorgeous bag, but it weighed a ton, WITHOUT my stuff in it. The straps were too short to put it over my shoulder, and it was too heavy for the crook of my arm or to just carry in my hand. So, i returned it and bought a coach! Now I am dying for a balenciaga or one of those BE&D bags (love the Crawford bag)
OH MY GOSH! I know which one youre talking about... I just bought mine in pink this weekend and am gonna return it on Sat (coming up)... its cheap!
The straps are not real leather and after 2 light uses have started to develop small tears!
Totally upseting because it was so perfect for the use that I needed...
But I figured if it couldnt hang for Sunday breakfast and a light shopping day at Saks, then it can not possibly be for me...

mmmmmm...fashion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellooholly
it's a permanent part of my body when i go out to anything =).. and it seems to go with anything i wear too! and it's the perfect size.. and it feels like a dream!
i love it.. it's great on so many levels.
so i couldn't afford it; but hey - i couldn't pass on the offer either! so i'll be putting my paychecks to repayments for a little while..

i looked at all the other bags in the price range available, but nothing from any of the other designers appealed to me nearly as much..
balenciaga is the only one i love, and have loved since it came out in 2001... and the only one where the hefty price tag doesnt make me feel .. for some reason, my love for it fully justifies the price?
it may sound corny but if it makes you happy it's worth every penny. enjoy it.

15-06-2005
front row

thanks pw!! he's a dear isn't he? i keep making my friends touch him.. heheh.

15-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
OH MY GOSH! I know which one youre talking about... I just bought mine in pink this weekend and am gonna return it on Sat (coming up)... its cheap!
The straps are not real leather and after 2 light uses have started to develop small tears!
Totally upseting because it was so perfect for the use that I needed...
But I figured if it couldnt hang for Sunday breakfast and a light shopping day at Saks, then it can not possibly be for me...
Wow, now Im really sure I made the right decision. I cant believe the nerve they had to charge all that for that bag. Good luck in your hunt for a new and better bag!

Champagne taste on a beer budget...
24-07-2005
front row

Response to original thread question..
I'm not even crazy about handbags the way some people are, but for some reason I have some pricey ones. Fortunately I think they're classics that will last a lifetime, and I think I use all of them pretty regularly...

Hermes Birkin Ostrich $15,000 (used about 2 - 3x a month)
2 Hermes Kelly 32 cm $7,000 each (used about 4 x a month)
Hermes Kelly 25 cm $5,900 (used about 4 x a month)
Judith Leiber evening bag $4,000 (used about 6 times a year)

* Planning to buy a Birkin 30 cm in another color and another Kelly either in 32 or 28 cms.

Last edited by Tokyo Traveller; 24-07-2005 at 10:03 AM.
24-07-2005
front row

wow TT!!! you're sooo lucky to have so many hermes! 2 birkins and 3 kellys!!

I wanna be like you when i "grow up" (i'm not working yet, but i know what i want from my paycheck!!)

oh you didn't say what colours yours were...

24-07-2005
front row

Bag Colors..
Hi there!

Hermes Birkin Ostrich $15,000 (used about 2 - 3x a month) : Royal Blue
2 Hermes Kelly 32 cm $7,000 each (used about 4 x a month): Potiron and Black Croco
Hermes Kelly 25 cm $5,900 (used about 4 x a month): Black
Judith Leiber evening bag $4,000 (used about 6 times a year): Gold cat bag

Interestingly, I get the most compliments for the JL cat bag! Total strangers have stopped by my table to touch it and ask about it..

Just my two cents' worth, but I'd *advise* you to invest your first paychecks in some sensible and safe investments rather than on bags and fashion. Then, when you really have a lot of money later on, you can buy all the bags you want. Take it as friendly advice from an *older sister* (although not that much older, I hope..)...

24-07-2005
V.I.P.

My most expensive bag is a python silverado, I'm still waiting for it, but I expect to use it tons :-D

25-07-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Traveller
Hi there!

Hermes Birkin Ostrich $15,000 (used about 2 - 3x a month) : Royal Blue
2 Hermes Kelly 32 cm $7,000 each (used about 4 x a month): Potiron and Black Croco
Hermes Kelly 25 cm $5,900 (used about 4 x a month): Black
Judith Leiber evening bag $4,000 (used about 6 times a year): Gold cat bag

Interestingly, I get the most compliments for the JL cat bag! Total strangers have stopped by my table to touch it and ask about it..

Just my two cents' worth, but I'd *advise* you to invest your first paychecks in some sensible and safe investments rather than on bags and fashion. Then, when you really have a lot of money later on, you can buy all the bags you want. Take it as friendly advice from an *older sister* (although not that much older, I hope..)...
May you post the pictures of your bags esp. Birkin Royal Blue Ostrich sound awsome.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

25-07-2005
rising star

My most expensive bag is the Andrea Brueckner tan medium saddle bag, $425 (although I got it for just under $300). It's nothing like a lot of you girls' bags, but I absolutely adore it and it goes everywhere with me -- the perfect size, shape and look for me! I only started getting into handbags this year, and I'm a college student on a tight budget, but someday when I start making more real income I hope to start collections like yours!

25-07-2005
front row

Photo of Birkin 30 cm Ostrich Royal Blue
Hi -- I have a photo of the bag but it seems to be too big to upload. I'll have to think of a way to post it on the net as I don't know how to make my photo files any smaller...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, expensive