How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv Liv View Post
Hi guys, just to add to the silky snake party...my new Bayswater mini satchel. Won't be able to eat for a month to afford it but so worth it! :p
Hi Liv Liv,

I'm assuming the pic is yours, but please still credit the image or it will be deleted.

Such a lovely bag, too!

Thanks,
Shelley

26-05-2011
rising star

^ whoops yes sorry that image is mine!

windowshopping

I have a huge craving for a Mulberry bag right now, and have been dying to buy one for ages - they get better every season! I really love the Tillies at the moment and absolutely love the Polly pushlocks, the colour variations are so pretty! I'm really loving the 'Pumpkin' shade at the moment, I do like tan but this is a little more 'me'

15-06-2011
Midnight blooms.........

Just got the Polly bag in conker from Lagarconne I can't wait for it to come! I hope the colour isn't too red...............
I'll post pics when it arrives

scenester

Obsessed with the Bayswater recently. Probably the perfect accessory!

backstage pass

I just snagged a large Edna. So thrilled! It's the whiskey color, although I think Mul officially calls it camel.

12-07-2011
scenester

This thread seems somewhat dead, but hopefully we can open it back up!

I think I really want the Carter mini camera bag in Birds Nest Croc Nappa leather, seen here on the website: http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront...6290/category/

Does anybody here have it? I'd love to see some real-life, more close-up pictures of it before I go $1,000 deep. I was saving up for a Marc Jacobs small baroque single bag but I'm seriously preferring the Carter mini at the moment... for a $200 difference, the leather and design look quite a bit nicer to me.

13-07-2011
rising star

^ I would go for the Mulberry...there's something about the leather and the designs of these bags that just scream 'classic' and they wear down so well. MJ bags seem to date quite quickly IMO.

tfs star

Question for Bayswater owners: does it look fine or too bulky when carried on your shoulder? I can't find a picture of anyone carrying it on their shoulder so I'm not sure whether the straps are long enough. I'm strongly considering buying one but I can't carry bags on the crook of my arm because of an RSI. I'd be so grateful if anyone can help

18-07-2011
tfs star

^ I don't own one, but I used to work at Mulberry! It would fit on your shoulder, but it will be much easier if you're more on the petite side than not. The handles are fairly rigid (especially at first, some soften depending on the leather) so they can be a bit uncomfortable or fall off the shoulder. All in all, yes it's possible but there's other bags which are more suited to shoulder carrying. Have you looked at the bayswater satchel? If you like the style it might be an alternative.

Here's a picture of some Princess carrying it on the shoulder to give you an idea:

coolspotters

rising star

I have friends with the normal Bayswaters who carry it on their shoulder all the time. Having said that it's a heavy bag, and if you have an RSI you may be better going for a lighter leather bag rather than weighing your shoulders down with the Bays!

I own the smaller Bayswater Satchel with a cross-body strap and absolutely love it, however it can only carry a limited amount.

tfs star

Wow, thanks so much for the speedy and helpful responses I'm quite petite so hopefully it will be fine. I'm not really into satchel bags even though I carry one at the moment. I'm going to make a trip into Mulberry tomorrow to try on a few bags. I also want to check out the prices, I suspect even with shipping it will probably work out a lot cheaper to buy online due to the ridiculously inflated prices for designer goods in Australia. Thanks again!

20-07-2011
Midnight blooms.........

It's definitely cheaper to buy online that at the actual Mulberry store here!

I saved $200 buying my Polly at Lagarconne

tfs star

I ended up buying an Oak Bayswater for 587.5 pounds inc. shipping from Harrods so less than US$900, not bad! And I managed to find the Collonil Waterstop spray recommended by Mulberry in David Jones. I couldn't find any online retailers of it that ship here.

Last edited by ckashie; 21-07-2011 at 01:18 AM.
21-07-2011
rising star

Enjoy your new Bays! There is nothing quite like the smell of a lovely new Mulberry bag. I Collonil'd my bag about three times before I let any rain go near it (I live in rainy London though)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, bags, mulberry