How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-06-2005
fashion elite

pros: basic utilitarian shape, a few pockets in the interior help keep things organized, overall it's a classic bag that won't go out of style

cons: a little boring, the side pieces on the flap that closes the bag are flimsy (at least on the bag I saw) and curl and flap around in an unattractive way. this problem would be solved if the leather were stiffier and thicker.

14-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
pros: basic utilitarian shape, a few pockets in the interior help keep things organized, overall it's a classic bag that won't go out of style

cons: a little boring, the side pieces on the flap that closes the bag are flimsy (at least on the bag I saw) and curl and flap around in an unattractive way. this problem would be solved if the leather were stiffier and thicker.
are they comfortable to wear on the shoulder?

14-06-2005
fashion elite

yes. I think it's meant to be a shoulder bag.

14-06-2005
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede_
just noticed.. sorry
'tis ok...merged

22-06-2005
front row

so I'm probably getting it tomorrow or on friday. I'm really excited but at the same time I'm a bit nervous that I'm gonna be disappointed. Please convince me it's the right bag.. :p

22-06-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede_
I'm probably getting a Bayswater next week. tell me pros and cons about it, please!
the bayswater is one of the most gorgeous bags ever! I actually visited it in the store 3x because I was so in love with it, yet couldnt afford to get it. It is a classic design, will be around forever. It is casual yet formal. It holds a lot. The leather is dreamy. It is birkinish, but I like the bayswater better

You wont be sorry!

22-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie80
the bayswater is one of the most gorgeous bags ever! I actually visited it in the store 3x because I was so in love with it, yet couldnt afford to get it. It is a classic design, will be around forever. It is casual yet formal. It holds a lot. The leather is dreamy. It is birkinish, but I like the bayswater better

You wont be sorry!

thanks, I needed that the Bayswater is more affordable as well, compared to the Birkin.

Oak or chocolate?

Last edited by Swede_; 22-06-2005 at 07:03 PM.

22-06-2005
front row

Kate sure has a thing for Mulberry bags

22-06-2005
backstage pass

^^lucky girl! eta: which is Kates? I cant find it on the mulberry site

When I was visiting them in the store I had my eye on the coconut, which is white off white. I have never seen a more beautiful white bag. **sigh** I love both the oak and chocolate, but would go with chocolate. My hubby just voted for the chocolate one, like it matters , but he said it was more elegant.

Last edited by kylie80; 22-06-2005 at 08:24 PM.

22-06-2005
front row

Kate's bag is... the Roxy! but opened and backwards! i think...

22-06-2005
backstage pass

^^ wow. I never would have thought that is what it looks like unbuckled. It is gorgeous! too bad it weighs 50lbs.

23-06-2005
tfs star

Swede,Hey,I recently saw the Bayswater in real life for the first time,and I was pleasantly surprised.In pictures it looked a bit boring to me,all straight lines and nothing much to it.I liked to Picadilly better,but it is too big.

But in real life I find the fact that the edges don't *quite* all lie straight and conventionally,a very attractive feature.Like all Mulberry bags the leather is heavenly.

I think that you are going to enjoy your bag for a very long time.It is practical and classic,but at the same time it is special.

Oak or chocolate?I think you're going to have to look and go with your gut feeling.

Good luck!!

Last edited by QuirkyCool; 23-06-2005 at 01:44 AM.

23-06-2005
tfs star

Oh and yes Kate's bag is the backward,opened Roxy I love my chocolate Roxy and I don't find it too heavy!! LOL maybe I lift too many weights...

23-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyCool
Swede,Hey,I recently saw the Bayswater in real life for the first time,and I was pleasantly surprised.In pictures it looked a bit boring to me,all straight lines and nothing much to it.I liked to Picadilly better,but it is too big.

But in real life I find the fact that the edges don't *quite* all lie straight and conventionally,a very attractive feature.Like all Mulberry bags the leather is heavenly.

I think that you are going to enjoy your bag for a very long time.It is practical and classic,but at the same time it is special.

Oak or chocolate?I think you're going to have to look and go with your gut feeling.

Good luck!!

yeah I think so too.. thanks!

yep that's the Roxy Kate's carrying

27-06-2005
front row

I bought the Bayswater today!!!!!! Yay... I'm in love

It's such a long story behind it though. So last week my sister went with me when I was to buy the bag. She was a bit concerned about me spending all that money on one bag (when she has a bag collection worth more than 25 000 dollars) I've never spent that much on myself with MY OWN money, but I knew I wanted it. Anyways, somehow my sister told me to really consider if I wanted the bag and not something else. So I told her I would give it a day...
A few days went though and I decided to wait a couple of weeks and see what the bag market had to offer. So today when I was in the city and checking out the sales I found a few cute bags from Bottega Veneta, Marni and Salvatore Ferragamo but I felt I couldn't do that to my Bayswater. Anyhow I'm walking past one of my favorite vintage stores and guess what? She has the Bayswater there in Oak that has only been used once for 5000 Swedish crowns (640 american dollars) when the new ones retail for 6500 (830 american dollars). So I called my sister and asked her what to do (she's both my financial and shopping advised) and she told me to try and bargain. I have never done that before but I pushed myself into doing it and told the lady "I'll give you 4500!". She thought about it for a while and then she said YES...

So in the end, I got an only once-used Mulberry Bayswater in oak for 4500 Swedish crowns (575 american dollars) which is 30% off the normal price. Am I lucky or what?!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, bags, march, mulberry, november