How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-01-2006
windowshopping

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Kare- I totally know what you mean about the bayswater...it's heavy and delicate, but that's all part of its charm. IMO, the bayswater is a bit more classic than the Roxy, which is more funky fresh.

30-01-2006
rising star

Luckybunny you red roxy is GORGEOUS!! I it!!!

I finally got my chocolate Roxy last night and I'm in heaven. I thought I would be dragging it behind me as everyone has been saying it is so heavy but I don't think it is that bad.

I'm really tempted to get the coconut tooled bayswater and the oak blenheim and the olive elgin ...

31-01-2006
windowshopping

Luckybunny, the red roxy does look very gorgeous. Is the glove leather really that much more lighter than the darwin?

I myself also bought the choco roxy last week (haven't had a chance to use it yet...), it does feel a bit heavy, I actually went and put it on a scale, and it weighs about 1.4kg -- almost as heavy as my laptop!

Last week, in the St. Christopher Pl. Mulberry shop in London, they still had a few roxy on sale, in glace plum, apple green, and also ones in red. I am not sure if the red is the same as the one Luckybunny bought though.

I saw in their 2006 brochure, that there is a variation of the Elgin in rio leather called Astor, it's mainly in cream with coconut and oak chequer pattern. Not bad looking. There was also a roxy in canvas with leather trim too.

31-01-2006
windowshopping

My way of testing out the weight of the bag was not very scientific. I had a Darwin roxy on one arm and the Glove roxy on the other and basically compared how they felt. The Darwin definitely felt heavier. I think it's b/c the Darwin is thicker and less treated (Glove is heavily pebbled according to Mulberry's description).

When I was at the grocery store yesterday, I got very curious about how much the bag weighed with all my crap in it (long wallet w/coin purse, makeup bag, gloves, sunglasses w/case, eye glasses w/case, Sidekick cell phone, keys, water, umbrella and gum) so I put it on one of the fruit/veggie scales and it came to 5.5 lbs. Not tooooo bad...

31-01-2006
tfs star

lol, the imagery of a mulberry on a veggie scale is quite funny...

31-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired82
Luckybunny, the red roxy does look very gorgeous. Is the glove leather really that much more lighter than the darwin?

I myself also bought the choco roxy last week (haven't had a chance to use it yet...), it does feel a bit heavy, I actually went and put it on a scale, and it weighs about 1.4kg -- almost as heavy as my laptop!

Last week, in the St. Christopher Pl. Mulberry shop in London, they still had a few roxy on sale, in glace plum, apple green, and also ones in red. I am not sure if the red is the same as the one Luckybunny bought though.

I saw in their 2006 brochure, that there is a variation of the Elgin in rio leather called Astor, it's mainly in cream with coconut and oak chequer pattern. Not bad looking. There was also a roxy in canvas with leather trim too.
Oh I love the glace plum roxy - do you remember how much it was?

Thanks

31-01-2006
backstage pass

I got an email from Bobellisshoes.com . They have a Phoebe bag that was returned in dark brown leather for half off.

01-02-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousie
Oh I love the glace plum roxy - do you remember how much it was?

Thanks
I think it was 30% off, so that would make it around 420.

01-02-2006
backstage pass

Is there anywhere I can get the pink mulberry phoebe for a discounted price? I missed out on them at bobellisshoes Thanks!

01-02-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired82
I think it was 30% off, so that would make it around 420.
Thanks very much - karma for you

03-02-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

i was wondering if any of you mulberry fans have heard of janet collin's bads. she designed for mulberry and has launched her own label

janetcollin.com if you're interested

04-02-2006
rising star

Thanks for the info Travis, i'll check it out.

Today I went to The Bon Marche (Paris) and they already had the elgin and the euston!
The Elgin is Biiiiiig, and the Euston didn't make me feel like I *wanted* it, whereas I'd loved it on the website...
I took a pic of the Euston... In euros it's 650. It kind of looks like a LV speedy.

That's a white Roxanne behind the Euston.

Last edited by vintagegurl; 04-02-2006 at 08:02 AM.

05-02-2006
tfs star

luckybunny the red is absolutely
congrats! it looks stunning on you.

06-02-2006
windowshopping

Mulberry Roxanne owners
Hello, does anyone own this in Rose pink (the baby pink version).

Im looking to buy the Rose pink in Soft Glove, but would like your opinions on how bulky it looks. Is it ok for every day or is it more of a weekend away bag.

Any thoughts and advice welcome

06-02-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebags
Hello, does anyone own this in Rose pink (the baby pink version).

Im looking to buy the Rose pink in Soft Glove, but would like your opinions on how bulky it looks. Is it ok for every day or is it more of a weekend away bag.

Any thoughts and advice welcome
I have two roxannes and love them. It is a big bag, but very nice to carry and use. The leather is superb.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, bags, march, mulberry, november