How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-02-2006
backstage pass

roey - I'm 5'2" and I love my roxanne! I use it more than any of my bags, I just like the style of it and the simplicity of the design. It always makes my outfits seem more hip. I have 3 small kids and they're always putting stuff in my bag that's why I love the size of this bag.

23-02-2006
V.I.P.

I love that bag, roey! I could keep EVERYTHING in there and then some!

23-02-2006
backstage pass

Thanks! I really love the style. I have been eyeing this bag for years and never jumped on it due to the buckled closures. Never would have thought it would look so good open, but it really pops that way in the chocolate versus the oak. I have too many chocolate bags though.

23-02-2006
front row

Roey your Roxanne is GORGEOUS!
I've got the temporary 4-paddy family and now I'm thinking I should keep the choc hobo and blue paddy, and return the tan and whiskey for an oak Roxanne....seems a good compromise between the 2 colors...??? Perhaps I'll call my Nordy SA and see what she can find, but I'm probably late in the game....

Keep us posted on how it works for you and works into "the family" - I'll be very interested to find out!!

24-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_genie
Roey your Roxanne is GORGEOUS!
I've got the temporary 4-paddy family and now I'm thinking I should keep the choc hobo and blue paddy, and return the tan and whiskey for an oak Roxanne....seems a good compromise between the 2 colors...??? Perhaps I'll call my Nordy SA and see what she can find, but I'm probably late in the game....

Keep us posted on how it works for you and works into "the family" - I'll be very interested to find out!!
Thank you! She must pass the awkward test before she becomes a keeper, but the style is yummy!

As for your Paddys (apologies to Mulberry fans ), I think the blue is definitely a keeper, but my vote goes to returning the hobo and keeping the tan. Honestly, if you ever feel regrets about returning it, you might never find a tan Paddington satchel again with that gorgeous leather and color (in such good shape). Hobos will be easier to come by; they are not as popular. Unless your reasons for returning are purely functional, it should stay. But that is only my opinion, take it or leave it!

24-02-2006
backstage pass

Do all of the top straps on the Roxanne have magnetic closures? I am at work so don't have my bag, but I think only one of the side straps has a closure and the other does not. It felt weird playing with it yesterday. I'll have to check again when I get home later on. You can see how the buckle is still on the front of the bag when I'm wearing it open, whereas on the other side it is off and the magnetic closure is exposed.

24-02-2006
front row

Yup, they are all magnetic, which does make it easier to get in/out of even if use the buckles

24-02-2006
backstage pass

OMG roey it's gorgeous! The oak Roxanne is my next acquisition for sure.

Is there anywhere in the whole wide world I could possibly find a Roxanne in the *oak* color (at a sale price, can't afford retail right now)? I can't believe I missed out on the bobellisshoes sale. I could cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by roey
Thanks! I really love the style. I have been eyeing this bag for years and never jumped on it due to the buckled closures. Never would have thought it would look so good open, but it really pops that way in the chocolate versus the oak. I have too many chocolate bags though.

Last edited by Pixiedust0128; 24-02-2006 at 02:13 PM.

24-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by roey
Do all of the top straps on the Roxanne have magnetic closures? I am at work so don't have my bag, but I think only one of the side straps has a closure and the other does not. It felt weird playing with it yesterday. I'll have to check again when I get home later on. You can see how the buckle is still on the front of the bag when I'm wearing it open, whereas on the other side it is off and the magnetic closure is exposed.
Yeah I noticed that on your pictures. I think you unbuckled the strap by accident. You shouldn't have to unbuckle the straps at all, it's for design purposes. All the straps and outer pockets have magnetic closures.

24-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by asl_bebes
Yeah I noticed that on your pictures. I think you unbuckled the strap by accident. You shouldn't have to unbuckle the straps at all, it's for design purposes. All the straps and outer pockets have magnetic closures.
LOL, I did! The bag is fine; I, on the other hand, am not!

24-02-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust0128
OMG roey it's gorgeous! The oak Roxanne is my next acquisition for sure.

Is there anywhere in the whole wide world I could possibly find a Roxanne in the *oak* color (at a sale price, can't afford retail right now)? I can't believe I missed out on the bobellisshoes sale. I could cry
Hey, Pixie, don't get too excited just yet! Roxanne is quite chunky and big; I think you would find the bag very overwhelming on your small frame. It's boxy like a lunchbox and doesn't slouch like the Paddingtons. You might be better off with Rosemary, Roxi's little sister. In fact, since all I carry in my bag is a wallet, cell phone, checkbook, brush, keys and a pen, I am thinking of sizing down to Rosemary. I usually love big, oversized bags but Roxanne might prove to be a bit awkward due to the boxy shape. It might not be regretful to have the smaller size in this one. I need more time to work with her, so will definitely keep you posted!

24-02-2006
backstage pass

lilygirl - i'm so sorry i can't post photos but i found these two that might help (and they show the variation i was referring to, they're both antique glace but i think the blenheim has more of a patent look while the bayswater apears more distressed)...

also according to intermixonline.com "The vegetable tanned cowhide displays its natural texture. It is polished and given a glazed effect by applying extreme heat to the surface of the leather (this is not a coating, so it has much more of a natural finish)." (which is basically from the little mulberry info card in the bag itself).

and roey - i know what you mean about the bulky aspect (i was used to carrying mostly balenciagas) but my darwin roxanne has really softened and the handles have stretched quite a bit and it is now my favorite bag of the moment (which i guess explains the new purchase)!

Last edited by nycmom; 24-02-2006 at 08:26 PM.

24-02-2006
backstage pass

I read about water protecting the Darwin Oak and wonder how many of you did it with your Roxeanne and how many didn't? I never spray my bags, not even the Paddingtons which are untreated leather. They have gotten wet (not soaked but still wet) and dried fine. Should I go ahead and spray my Roxeanne (after reading that it darkened Lilygirl's bag) or leave it alone?

A friend of mine sprayed her bags with Appleguard and said they got "spotty" after the protectant dried. Being overzealous, I am afraid I would do more harm than good!

24-02-2006
backstage pass

oops, i'm sorry, i tried to edit that post but can't figure out how to make the photos work...

25-02-2006
fashion elite

roey, i would think twice about spraying it. as for the boxiness, i totally hear you. i love the bag. love the leather (am obssesed with it really), but have had to come to terms with the bulkiness. as you can tell, the pros outweighed the cons for me.

nycmom, those pics appear to of the original glace that came out last fall (which would explain the low price). i see how the finish on each bag may vary in its distressing, but the bags are still one uniform solid color. the bags i saw at the market and online are "antique glace" and are very different from the original glace -- the bag is not a solid color and looks truly distressed. look closely at this pic from luisaviaroma -- it's clearly not one solid color:

i've seen the original glace bags in person and the black did not look like this.

Last edited by LilyGirl; 25-02-2006 at 07:31 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, bags, march, mulberry, november