How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-03-2006
front row

I've been lurking here for a bit -- I now have a rosemary bag on it's way to me!! I think the Roxy would be too big and bulky for my - especially because I'm a balenciaga gal (waving to NYCmom!).....it should be here today - I can't wait to see it! TFS is sooo bad for my wallet....I go from one purse (and message board) to another....

01-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes319
I've been lurking here for a bit -- I now have a rosemary bag on it's way to me!! I think the Roxy would be too big and bulky for my - especially because I'm a balenciaga gal (waving to NYCmom!).....it should be here today - I can't wait to see it! TFS is sooo bad for my wallet....I go from one purse (and message board) to another....
Congrats! What color did you get? I really want to get a feel for Rosemary's proportions and size. If you have a chance to post a pics alone and of you wearing it that would be great. I have a gift card for NM and am thinking of using it toward a Rosemary in chocolate since I already have Roxanne in Oak.

01-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by roey
If I start talking about buying her in another color though I will need to be stopped...
Must...be....stopped!! Ha ha!

Hey, if you can do it, I say great!

Shoes319 the same thing has happened to me (board to board getting baaaaaad ideas) and I'm thinking about a Roxanne. I had an Oak on order from Barneys but chickened out before they shipped and cancelled.

Roey - did you ever decide about spraying the bag? I'm in a pretty watery state so that's one of the reasoned I backed off.

01-03-2006
backstage pass

Hi guys, I'm in desperarely need of your help!
I really can't decide between the Bayswtaer or the roxanne ( either in chocolate brown) I'm about 5.6 long and I need a bag that can be carried on both the shoulder and on the arm.

Could you please help me decide?!?!

01-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_genie
Must...be....stopped!! Ha ha!

Hey, if you can do it, I say great!

Shoes319 the same thing has happened to me (board to board getting baaaaaad ideas) and I'm thinking about a Roxanne. I had an Oak on order from Barneys but chickened out before they shipped and cancelled.

Roey - did you ever decide about spraying the bag? I'm in a pretty watery state so that's one of the reasoned I backed off.
I actually can't do it, at least not yet. When my NM gift card arrives in a few weeks... maybe then! Regarding chickening out, I had a Kors bag on order with Nordstrom yesterday (sale) and afterward had a serious case of buyers remorse and cancelled. I knew it was lust and my sale goggles were fogged. I should be making a payment for the cost of the bag, not buying another one. Practical side does kick in every so often...

As for spraying the bag, no, decided not to. However, I did apply Appleguard Leather Care which conditions and waterproofs... only to the handles (because sometimes I don't always dry my hands 100% after washing) and found it did a nice job of drying without darkening the leather. That said, a small drop of water spilled on the body of the bag yesterday and dried fine with no leftover spot. I just don't trust myself with a can of spray, being the hyper-detail-oriented person that I am.

01-03-2006
front row

I posted earlier and it got lost!! I received my package early today and it's the wrong bag!! It's the blenheim or something....wrongo!! Anyway...I called and they do have the "right" one coming to me so I'll send this one back -- it's too small for me and I don't like having only the shoulder strap...(so fussy!!)....so my rosemary is on it's way.....yeah!! Again!

01-03-2006
front row

shoes319 - bummer for the mix-up, but glad your correct bag is speeding your way!

roey and others with Roxanne in Oak - is she a bag you'd carry through the summer, or is the bag & color too "heavy" for that season?

01-03-2006
front row

blu_genie, I have the Oak Roxy and would definitely use year round. It's the perfect neutral brown

02-03-2006
front row

I posted again but it disappeared again - how weird! I received the rosemary and think I'll love it! I had to leave it at home quickly and get back to work but the color isn't "pink" as they said, but mauve, which is kind of dark almost like oak IMO....but actually I like it a lot better than the light pink I thought it would be! I also realize as I suspected that the Roxanne would probably just be too overwhelming for me - too busy -- whereas this one is the perfect size. And I love the additional shoulder strap....I can't wait to use it! The color is very neat with dark edges, too.....

02-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes319
I posted again but it disappeared again - how weird! I received the rosemary and think I'll love it! I had to leave it at home quickly and get back to work but the color isn't "pink" as they said, but mauve, which is kind of dark almost like oak IMO....but actually I like it a lot better than the light pink I thought it would be! I also realize as I suspected that the Roxanne would probably just be too overwhelming for me - too busy -- whereas this one is the perfect size. And I love the additional shoulder strap....I can't wait to use it! The color is very neat with dark edges, too.....
Congrats! We would love to see pics.

Also, a friend of mine mentioned that the shorter handles on the Rosemary are very small and would be a tight fit on the forearm - they would have to be hand-held only. Do you find this to be true? I would use the handles over the shoulder strap if I were to purchase a Rosemary so this information would be helpful.

02-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by roey
Congrats! We would love to see pics.

Also, a friend of mine mentioned that the shorter handles on the Rosemary are very small and would be a tight fit on the forearm - they would have to be hand-held only. Do you find this to be true? I would use the handles over the shoulder strap if I were to purchase a Rosemary so this information would be helpful.
I've only had a few minutes to play but the handles are small but not too small - they fit over my arm easily - I will try to take a pic later....it's really a great size for me! I know I will love it...

02-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggilooo
Hi guys, I'm in desperarely need of your help!
I really can't decide between the Bayswtaer or the roxanne ( either in chocolate brown) I'm about 5.6 long and I need a bag that can be carried on both the shoulder and on the arm.

Could you please help me decide?!?!
I dont know much about mulberry bags at all, but I like the bayswasher much better

03-03-2006
backstage pass

shoes - congrats on the rosemary (finally)!

digiloo - it really depends on your style, i think the bayswater is more of a classic shape but personally i really love the roxanne...either way you can't go wrong, they're both great bags!

blugenie - oak is beautfiul and definitely a year round color

roey - the rosemary handles should be able to fit on your arm quite easily (at first i thought you meant over your shoulder which they would not)...

03-03-2006
V.I.P.

some amazing bags for the fw collection, some new styles, but i don't know the names... also doing a purple python araline...

03-03-2006
backstage pass

Well,, in a fit of buyers remorse, I put Roxanne back n the mail to Nordstrom this afternooon. She is being returned, not because I don't love her, but because my practical side kicked in (HATE it when that happens!) and made me realize I don't NEED her right now. I am still making payments on a couple of my Paddingtons and would rather have my Nordstrom card free and clear while I concentrate on *one thing at a time!* I only have 12 designer bags (9 are high-end; 2 mid-range) and find it difficult to use them all in a regular rotation... one more was just over the top.

I know Roxanne isn't going anywhere nor will she ever be out of style, and I can repurchase at a later date. It's a great bag though for anyone who is on the fence!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, bags, march, mulberry, november