How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-03-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by roey
Well,, in a fit of buyers remorse, I put Roxanne back n the mail to Nordstrom this afternooon. She is being returned, not because I don't love her, but because my practical side kicked in (HATE it when that happens!) and made me realize I don't NEED her right now. I am still making payments on a couple of my Paddingtons and would rather have my Nordstrom card free and clear while I concentrate on *one thing at a time!* I only have 12 designer bags (9 are high-end; 2 mid-range) and find it difficult to use them all in a regular rotation... one more was just over the top.

I know Roxanne isn't going anywhere nor will she ever be out of style, and I can repurchase at a later date. It's a great bag though for anyone who is on the fence!
Roey, I can't believe you had the courage to do that!! I admire that - I never would -I try to limit my bags to 12 (it used to be 10) and right now I'm over limit....I also have a tough time rotating - it seems I use the current bag I love and desert all the rest! I need to part with another bag - however, that said, the Rosemary bag is fun! I'm enjoying it - did you find the Roxanne to be big and bulky? How tall are you? I'm still curious.....I just saw Match Point with Scarlett's Roxanne and it didn't look too bad, and I don't think she's especially tall either...

04-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes319
Roey, I can't believe you had the courage to do that!! I admire that - I never would -I try to limit my bags to 12 (it used to be 10) and right now I'm over limit....I also have a tough time rotating - it seems I use the current bag I love and desert all the rest! I need to part with another bag - however, that said, the Rosemary bag is fun! I'm enjoying it - did you find the Roxanne to be big and bulky? How tall are you? I'm still curious.....I just saw Match Point with Scarlett's Roxanne and it didn't look too bad, and I don't think she's especially tall either...
Hey, thanks for the moral support! That was sweet.

It is not usually like me to be sensible and practical. I just knew if I left Roxanne on my Nordstrom card while still paying for my Paddingtons on another card, I wouldn't be able to pay off Roxi in a reasonable amount of time. The interest incurred would have made Roxanne cost more in the long run. Add that to the fact that I am already working extra hours to afford my obscene Paddington habit and well, you get it! I had to stop myself.

I am 5'2", about 112-114 lbs. - a fitness enthusiast who lifts weights so although I'm petite, I'm also compact and not waifish. I didn't find Roxanne to be big and bulky on me; however, someone with a very small bone structure might find her overwhelming. I don't think height alone dictates whether a bag is too big; frame size and bone structure must also be taken into consideration. Even so, if a small, waifish woman can carry an oversized bag with confidence and pride then it's right for her!

Keep us posted on your Rosemary bonding. It sounds like you really love her after only a short amount of time - a good thing!

Last edited by roey; 04-03-2006 at 10:37 PM.

05-03-2006
front row

I really love some of the new S/S 06 styles from Mulberry

My favorite is the 'Ayler', (thats the one with the dress on the top left), very luxurious look, I saw a picture of Liv Tyler with the 'Ayler' bag and it looked very cool on her

Mmm, I think I may need to have to consider a purchase!

The tote is called the 'Elgin', the one with the whipstitching is called 'Martha' and the barrel shape is called 'Euston'

Loving Mulberry at the moment

photo's are from net-a-porter.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ayler.jpg (21.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Elgin.jpg (26.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Euston.jpg (18.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Martha.jpg (41.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by fashionaddict1; 05-03-2006 at 09:19 AM.

06-03-2006
fashion elite

for those who own mulberry bags in the antique glace, how does the finish wear? i found a bag (in the yummy plum!) that has a few scratches and wonder how delicate the finish is and if it will develop a patina so the scratches won't be as noticeable over time (or is there a way to buff them out?)

06-03-2006
backstage pass

here is what the little mulberry card that came with my new black one says...

antique glace
this is a veg tan hide, which has a natural pull up effect (similar to darwin). this is then polished, and given a glazed effect by applying extreme heat to the surface of the leather with hot metal plates (therefore this is not coated, which gives it much more of a tactile/natural finish).

antique glace care
light marks can be removed using a lightly moistened cloth and light rubbing. please remove any residue water immedialely with a paper towel. should your bag get wet, pack loosely with paper and allow to dry naturally- never place in direct heat. please avoid rubbing against easily marked or light clothing. [uh oh, i never noticed that before, i guess it's a good thing i'm typing this!]special care should be taken to prevent scratching and marking, avoid placing the bag on rough or sharp surfaces.

06-03-2006
backstage pass

okay just found my darwin info card and it says the same thing about the light colors and i haven't had any problems with that one (knocking on wood) so i feel better now!

07-03-2006
fashion elite

thanks nycmom. but since it says to avoid scratches i wonder if that means they won't come out or fade over time? hmm.

btw, luisaviaroma confirmed that the picture of the black antique glace roxanne on their website is indeed accurate and the bag has a weathered looked to it which is different from the other glace bags. if only i could see it in person

07-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
for those who own mulberry bags in the antique glace, how does the finish wear? i found a bag (in the yummy plum!) that has a few scratches and wonder how delicate the finish is and if it will develop a patina so the scratches won't be as noticeable over time (or is there a way to buff them out?)
lily, for my antique glace plum i only really noticed the abundance of scratches until i photographed the bag.. in sunlight they dissapear but are a bit more visible under normal light. its never been enough to bother me so i haven't tried doing anything about it yet.. i'm actually more worried about the hardware..

Last edited by Pinky*; 07-03-2006 at 05:17 PM.

07-03-2006
fashion elite

what's wrong with the hardware?

07-03-2006
tfs star

where the buckles are always rubbing against each other they scratch..

heres a bad webcam pic.. but you can still kind of see it..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00082.jpg (49.9 KB, 6 views)

07-03-2006
fashion elite

that's not bad (i would never have noticed it) and i don't see any way around it when you've got metal on metal. i think the bayswater is more problematic because it has that big round plate on the front which will show wear a lot more. thanks for the pic.

07-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
thanks nycmom. but since it says to avoid scratches i wonder if that means they won't come out or fade over time? hmm.

btw, luisaviaroma confirmed that the picture of the black antique glace roxanne on their website is indeed accurate and the bag has a weathered looked to it which is different from the other glace bags. if only i could see it in person
my darwin card has the same wording so i'm assuming they'll be similar in terms of wear? i actually don't mind the scratches because i think they add to the character of the bags as they age but then i do have darker colors...

so are you thinking about ordering from lvr? i'm assuming it's the same as your market sighting? i would love to see it too, or at the very least find out what to call it so i can try to track one down here!

07-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
lily, for my antique glace plum i only really noticed the abundance of scratches until i photographed the bag.. in sunlight they dissapear but are a bit more visible under normal light. its never been enough to bother me so i haven't tried doing anything about it yet.. i'm actually more worried about the hardware..
my hardware looks the same as yours pinky, i think lily is right that it's unavoidable. and your bag looks great!

07-03-2006
tfs star

thx for the comforting words lily and nycmom i was a bit worried that i might have been too rough with poor roxy.. but i guess since the little hardware 'problem' is a bigger worry for me than the leather, the scratching is an even more minimal worry for you lily.. for me, the hardware is more noticeable than the scratches

08-03-2006
front row

I love my rosemary, however, that said, I'm still wondering about the Roxy!! Those of you who are around 5'2", is it really large for you? I'm not small boned as someone had mentioned it might make a difference.....but I just can't tell if it would be too much for me - I love the hardware and the style, does anyone have a pic of them wearing the bag? thanks....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, bags, march, mulberry, november