How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-12-2004
scenester

I think this is a gorgeous bag especially in the classic oak brown and the aqua blue. However my only negative thoughts are would it be hard to open and close all the time? I noticed the bag carried by a couple of people in magazines including Kate Moss and they left it open but it looks terribly floppy and unstructured when done so. I think the signature look of this bag is when it is all buckled up . HOwever I hate fumbling around with buckles when I am shopping just to open and close a bag to grab my wallet.

It looks really roomy and also the style is very classically a vintage style and it does have that WOW factor in my eyes.
So yeah..my only worry about it is the opening and closing but other than that, I think it will be one of the IT bags of 2005.

07-01-2005
scenester

Got my Bayswater when I went back home over Christmas. It's big enough for papers and books. I got it in redish-brown glove - I think it last longer. It's so beautiful - I'm in love.

07-01-2005
scenester

I like the Bayswater. Is it hard to open and close all the time being that it is flap over???? I also love the Roxanne in Aqua !!

07-01-2005
blue

i love the bayswater... but isnt it heavy???

18-01-2005
blue

whats the price for bayswater in USD? anyone know?

19-01-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
i love the bayswater... but isnt it heavy???
No actually, the Bayswater is very light for a big bag, especially in comparison to Marc Jacobs bags. I think it is becuse it is not lined, and there is not a lot of hardware on the bag. I love it!

It is the perfect bag for a weekend trip, for school, for work, for the gym, etc. I use it all the time.

It has these expandable side straps that can make it go from being medium, to large! When I have it open all the way, I just stuff everything inside it, and sometimes I can't even close the flap over it, and I just leave it open... but it still always looks stylish.

The leather is so durable. I feel like this is a bag I can throw around and it will still look good. Plus it ages very well.

I bought it from their online website, which is in British pounds. Including shipping and everything, I paid about $992, when converted to US dollars by my credit card.

You can buy it now from Barneys NY or Bergdorf Goodman, if you do not want to pay the international shipping charges. I have no idea how much it costs there.

21-01-2005
rising star

I have seen quite a few aged Bayswaters and they look fantastic. I used to have a gorgeous red one and I only sold it because I felt I had to dress up every time I wore it. I wish I'd just kept it and let it get all beat up now! I've also seen teh Roxy well aged and it also looks beautiful.

21-01-2005
rising star

New Mulberry Bags
Just been swooning over these lovelies:
They are smaller versions of the Bayswater and Roxy - the Bayswater is GBP 295 and the Roxy is 395
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images_mulberry_blenheim oak.jpg (41.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg images_mulberry_ledburyoak.jpg (40.4 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by LariatGal; 21-01-2005 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Added details

21-01-2005
backstage pass

love love
Quote:
Originally Posted by LariatGal
Just been swooning over these lovelies:
They are smaller versions of the Bayswater and Roxy - the Bayswater is GBP 295 and the Roxy is 395
How do I get the roxy?
I believe it's the second one..thanks

21-01-2005
rising star

Hi ,

The "Bayswater" IS the one on the bottom I found these pics on Swaggers website - they do mail order - good luck. Its proper name is the LEDBURY and the "mini Roxy" is called the BLENHEIM.

www.swaggers.co.uk

21-01-2005
trendsetter

I saw the Blenheim in a shop in town last week and had a good look at it, its very very nice, it's a good size and very cute, but i have my heart set on a chocolate Roxy

21-01-2005
rising star

Roxy bags are gorgeous, but the sheer weight of them puts me off. Plus I am only 5"2 and feel like I have to wear heels to carry it off Maybe its a sign I should get get the Blenheim...

21-01-2005
front row

Ooooh, I love them both!

The Roxy looks ridiculous on me- I'm 5'2 and it's way too big, but either of the ones posted would be perfect. I'll have to hit Barneys and see if they carry them.

21-01-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LariatGal
Roxy bags are gorgeous, but the sheer weight of them puts me off. Plus I am only 5"2 and feel like I have to wear heels to carry it off Maybe its a sign I should get get the Blenheim...
I like the weight of the roxy, I don't think it's really that heavy though. I guess the roxy is perfect for me, i love big bags and i carry quite a lot of stuff, the leather is pretty devine and i think its just such a gorgeous bag.

I think you should get the blenheim Lariatgal, sounds like you really like it and that it would suit you better. Also I can assure you the blenheim isn't heavy hehe.

It is gorgeous, if i had more money to throw around i'd get a blenheim and a Roxy, but its gonna be just the roxy for me!

21-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Diorella
I like the weight of the roxy, I don't think it's really that heavy though. I guess the roxy is perfect for me, i love big bags and i carry quite a lot of stuff, the leather is pretty devine and i think its just such a gorgeous bag.

I think you should get the blenheim Lariatgal, sounds like you really like it and that it would suit you better. Also I can assure you the blenheim isn't heavy hehe.

It is gorgeous, if i had more money to throw around i'd get a blenheim and a Roxy, but its gonna be just the roxy for me!
Thanks Ms Diorella! What colour Roxy do you want?

Trouble is, I like to cart around a lot of stuff too! I dont drive so my Blenheim would fill up and the Roxy would give me serious backache. I guess I should just stop whining and get the Roxy, heels - and a chiropractor!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, bags, march, mulberry, november