How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-10-2010
scenester

i got the black pebbled crossbody. the bag itself is nice and i like the matte gold colored hardware. the strap is a bit cheap looking but overall it's really nice for the price.

10-10-2010
fashion icon

I forgot that I stumbled across these bags at a random Target last week. There was no signage or anything. I just couldn't muster any enthusiasm for them. Why not make a faux leather Alexa Bag? I just couldn't get with the cheesy denim and tacky gold acrouments. After thinking long and hard I decided to leave them on the rack.

10-10-2010
tfs star

I went back to Target today and they had more bags out (most of the ones I looked at yesterday weren't the Mulberry for Target ones (I assumed they were since the backdrop said Mulberry). Not a big fan of the black patent leather bags. The denim/patent bag wasn't as bad as I imagined but it's just not my style. They also had the pink leopard print (which is also not my style) and those bags seemed have the lowest stock. I really liked the pebbled leather ones, they seemed to be pretty decently made and cute. My only complaint is that the ones I liked didn't have a zip top. I think maybe I'm too harsh on this collaboration because I see higher end bags on clearance at TJ Maxx in the same price point, but in all reality I think the bags are cute for the price if you like the designs. I just worry about things like this cheapening the brand. I didn't buy anything, but am contemplating the two pocket tote.

I also noticed nothing at my local Target was sold out yet.

11-10-2010
backstage pass

I needed a cheap black bag for going out since I moved to Colorado...and I walked into Target, and since there is much less of a demand for these things here in CO then there was in NY, there were a bunch of these bags. Personally I thought the pink leopard stuff looked tacky, and I hate the heart tags that come with all of them. But the small patent black crossbody for $29.99 was a no-brainer purchase for my needs. Fits everything I need for a night out - so much better than my YSL besace.

"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing left to add but when there is nothing left to take away."
13-10-2010
V.I.P.

wow, i just checked target.com/mulberry and every single item has sold out.

tfs star

^ Wow. That's crazy.

20-10-2010
fancypants

Picked up the leopard satchel. I'm thinking about returning it though... I don't know if I could get used to the PVC material... but it's just so cute! >_<

28-10-2010
scenester

Mulberry is classical. I'm afraid the fabric used on use ain't tho they seem to to feature a similar design to the original bayswater. Fake leather would be better than pvc or denim. I may have considered an Alexa but not be...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
launch, line, mulberry, target