How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-11-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello_yello_jen
dgie - I love it!

klow-chloe - good point! i never really thought about how white will turn yellowish over time, now I'll keep that in mind whenever I shop for white bags.
I've got three white bags...one from YSL, one from chloe and the other is from TODS. none turned yellow at all..in fact the oldest one i had is the TOD's been with me for five years now...when there is any dirt on it, i just use wet napkins and it goes easily...
I havent actually seen a bag turning yellow...that would be interesting to observe it gets dirty but not yellow...depends on the material...but i have two in leather and one in mesh and leather....and it never went yellow well unless you soak it in coffee or tea ( a girl i know dyes her white clothes in tea or coffe to get the yellow off white effect)

20-11-2005
front row

It's patent leather that does turn yellow over time, as Klow said. This takes years though, we're talking 10-30 yrs......But if you view your bags as an investment and want to pass them along to daughters etc. it is something to consider.

20-11-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcisima
I've got three white bags...one from YSL, one from chloe and the other is from TODS. none turned yellow at all..in fact the oldest one i had is the TOD's been with me for five years now...when there is any dirt on it, i just use wet napkins and it goes easily...
I havent actually seen a bag turning yellow...that would be interesting to observe it gets dirty but not yellow...depends on the material...but i have two in leather and one in mesh and leather....and it never went yellow well unless you soak it in coffee or tea ( a girl i know dyes her white clothes in tea or coffe to get the yellow off white effect)
Wait and see ...white bag has it for FIVE years and it still white...that always sound too good to be true from someone like you dulcisima ..you can try to get more info. on the white bag from other members who actually have the real experiences don't need to take my experience as an example.

SOAK THE BAG IN COFFEE OR TEA... That sound very ??? isn't it. Have you done that with all your white bags? It's not surprise me where you're coming from.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

Last edited by klow-chloe'; 20-11-2005 at 05:55 AM.

20-11-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
Wait and see ...white bag has it for FIVE years and it still white...that always sound too good to be true from someone like you dulcisima ..you can try to get more info. on the white bag from other members who actually have the real experiences don't need to take my experience as an example.

SOAK THE BAG IN COFFEE OR TEA... That sound very ??? isn't it. Have you done that with all your white bags? It's not surprise me where you're coming from.
The responibilities of a Fashion Spot Forums (tFS) Member
  1. Be respectful. Itís perfectly fine to disagree with others as long as it is done respectfully and maturely, but do not attack other members in your posts or comments. Name calling of other members is absolutely not tolerated here and may result in suspension.
  2. This is a Fashion discussion forum; please remember to stay on topic.

20-11-2005
fashion elite

I said "It's not surprise me where you're coming form" in this case means where you're getting the information from and not actually where the place you are coming from

I said THAT BECAUSE YOU WERE SAYING( a girl you know dyes her white clothes in tea or coffee to get the yellow off white effect).

I do know the rules for the members and eveyone does and you should do too

Last edited by klow-chloe'; 20-11-2005 at 02:52 PM.

20-11-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
I said "It's not surprise me where you're coming form" in this case means where you're getting the information from and not actually where the place you are coming from

I said THAT BECAUSE YOU WERE SAYING( a girl you know dyes her white clothes in tea or coffee to get the yellow off white effect).

I do know the rules for the members and eveyone does and you should do too

Try to be clear when you try to express yourself, because from an angle it seemed like an attack and disrespectful.And remember this is a multi-national forum : )However, I give it you your smart in justifying your "Sayings"
Quote:

And another thing, i was joking when I said it will turn yellow unless its soaked in tea or coffee and I shared an anecdote and I am free to share this information even though if you noticed I had a "lol" which means i was joking. And I said clothes not bag.

Quote:
that always sound too good to be true from someone like you dulcisima
If you have anything personal against me, I suggest you PM Not everyone likes to exhibits their muscles its a fashion forum not a cat street fight

Please let us enjoy and there is no harm if we all read the rules from time to time, just to remind ourseleves.

20-11-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebis
It's patent leather that does turn yellow over time, as Klow said. This takes years though, we're talking 10-30 yrs......But if you view your bags as an investment and want to pass them along to daughters etc. it is something to consider.
I dont know whether patent leather turns yellow or not, i just assumed it was white in general. The bags i have two were leather and one was mesh with leather they get dirty kinda greyish on the handles, i just wipe them with baby wipes and they go away.

21-11-2005
front row

It has something to do with the coating on the (patent) leather, the bonding material turns yellow with time, not so much the leather itself.

21-11-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
It has something to do with the coating on the (patent) leather, the bonding material turns yellow with time, not so much the leather itself.
what about the other light colours? like say for example light pink or green in patent leather do they turn a bit yellowish with time?

21-11-2005
fashion elite

Try to be clear when you try to express yourself, because from an angle it seemed like an attack and disrespectful.And remember this is a multi-national forum : )However, I give it you your smart in justifying your "Sayings"

I don't have to clear myself as I had long time did not want to post any of my comment which will related back to your comment in anyway.
In this case you were posted the comment which were ralated back to mine. You have always taken other people posts as they were trying to attack you. It did happen before and I knew that.
Smart or not smart I do post something that can be helpful to other members. I'm not comming here to post crasp.

And another thing, i was joking when I said it will turn yellow unless its soaked in tea or coffee and I shared an anecdote and I am free to share this information even though if you noticed I had a "lol" which means i was joking. And I said clothes not bag.

Oh I SEE that was your joke now I find it's very funny The FACT is that most of white leathers DO turn yellpowish over priods of time without SOAKING the bag to try to get the effect.

If you have anything personal against me, I suggest you PM Not everyone
likes to exhibits their muscles its a fashion forum not a cat street fight

I said it before and I will say it again I DO NOT want to give my opinion or post my comment against yours and I DO NOT want to PM you either as I DO NOT have any problem with you.

Please let us enjoy and there is no harm if we all read the rules from time to time, just to remind ourseleves.[/quote]

It's OK to remind others and youself of the rules. I hope you are not continue to post anything or reply back this post. Since you're the one suggest me to PM you if I have a problem with you which I DON'T.
So you too keep that in mind if you do have a problem with me then you should PM me

Last edited by klow-chloe'; 21-11-2005 at 12:35 AM.

21-11-2005
scenester

ok.. let bygones be bygones... Im sure both of you girls have great taste in fashion and style. Let's just all get along and enjoy this forum.

21-11-2005
fashion elite

you just made me laugh which is a good thing...you are the one who is replying to the post , and as i suggested can you kindly go back to fashion discussion... And as you have noted I did go back to the fashion disucssion before you posted your post...I dont really want to waste my energy on poltics, i prefer fashion talk (provided not such discussions is involved)

21-11-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by janissa
ok.. let bygones be bygones... Im sure both of you girls have great taste in fashion and style. Let's just all get along and enjoy this forum.
sure will

21-11-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
I think some of the first edition Fendi spys with the white-ish shiny-ish leather and either red or green handles, were reported to have turned yellowish or grayish on the shelves, so it might indeed be the coating put on the surface of some leathers.

21-11-2005
V.I.P.

girls

can we leave those catfights out before this thread gets deleted...
if anything needs to be discussed then use the PM function!

and now back on topic please

leyla m.
tFS mod

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
200, 2005, bag, july, october, purchases