How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-10-2005
rising star

New Bag purchases! (October 2005 - July 200
I thought that it might be fun to make a thread devoted to pictures and stories about newly-bought bags. We all know how exciting it is to get a great new handbag, and I'd love to see what people are buying!

29-10-2005
rising star

I'll start off with my own...

So after obsessing over this bag:
for weeks, I finally went down to the Marc Jacobs boutique near me to check it out. I was even prepared to shell out the money for it if I loved it. But I was so disappointed! The size was kind of awkward, and the chain looked too long on me.

So, feeling dejected, I went over to the Marc by MJ boutique, and found this:

I'd loved it since I saw it on the MJ website when the resort collection came out, but was afraid that it would be too big. It's actually the PERFECT size! I had one of those great bag moments when I saw it -- like ZING, this is the one for you! (Hahaha, I'm such a dork) Seriously though, I'm in love, it's funky and young and cool but not too out there.

I'm sorry I don't have any real pictures of it, I'm at home for the weekend and don't have my camera with me. But it looks even better than in the pics from eluxury. It was also more than $500 cheaper than the bag I was originally looking at, so I'm even happier with it!

Now I'm wondering what I should do, if anything, to protect it. Scotch guard for the fabric and leather protector for the handles? Any other ideas?

29-10-2005
front row

good thread pietonne....

I bought this bag today from Dolce & Gabbana. I wanted a shoulder bag which was more structured then my current collection (paddingtons, spy) which was of a medium size. I need to use it as an everyday bag for shopping trips etc. Had a good look around, Dior had some nice leather bags but they were so expensive....this D&G cost £461.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3537.JPG (225.0 KB, 42 views)

29-10-2005
scenester

YSL Brown Vincennes

29-10-2005
trendsetter

great thread, pietonne! your new marc by marc is really cute!

euro_trash, congrats! would love to see pics

29-10-2005
V.I.P.

well if you didn't know it already, I LOVE MY STAM BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!! havn't carried anything since i got it and im sure i wont bust out my other bags for quite a while either

29-10-2005
V.I.P.

i ordered it after lusting after it for weeks....and the day after i ordered mine, they were sold out across the board...neimans, bergdorf, saks....i love it to death!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20051013_0039.JPG (108.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 20051013_0040.JPG (103.9 KB, 43 views)

30-10-2005
front row

fun thread! i just got back from san francisco and bought this amazing ghurka hobo bag.. i was looking for pics online to post, but didn't find any. it's a turquoise suede hobo with silver leather handle and silver ornamentations on the front - hard to explain but just an amazing bag.. sorry to be so incoherent but i really love this bag! thanks for giving me a place to gush..

30-10-2005
rising star

Wow, all your purchases are awesome! I LOVE the Stam -- that is a HOT bag and you are so lucky to have one! Good find! That D&G missbradshaw posted is also awesome (white is SUCH a useful color)!

30-10-2005
tfs star

I recently got a small Givenchy pumpkin in black, and the petrol Fendi Spy.

30-10-2005
trendsetter

i just got my calcaire city b-bag couple weeks ago, that's considerably new. (=

jun3machina, i love stam bags! you're very lucky to be able to get one. congrats on that! how is the leather? are there two types of leather? which is yours?

Greendrv, my fav color for the spy is petrol. such a lovely color (=

Last edited by nat_attak; 30-10-2005 at 02:58 AM.

30-10-2005
front row

Yes its lovely - wanted it in black as the hardware shows up better but they are all sold out in the medium...

30-10-2005
Adorable illusion

Nice bag everyone!

The last bag I got was a white vintage clutch with gold clasp. It was so cheap

30-10-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_attak
jun3machina, i love stam bags! you're very lucky to be able to get one. congrats on that! how is the leather? are there two types of leather? which is yours?

(=
the leather's amazing! im still trying to figure out how they did the color on it. i got the taupe in "icey" leather, it's almost like a pebbled leather, but more textured and shiney. it's shiney almost like if you were to get a rough ice-chunk and let it sit in a room and begin to melt. some articles on this bag say that the leather is stiff, but i have found that it's not at all the case. it's very supple and durable. i'd be affraid if it was a thinner softer leather, like chanel....i have heard that the petrol and i think black are stiffer than the taupe. im not entirely sure why...but i know because with color, there's a different dye process because of the properties in the color stain, that may be why there's a difference in suppleness and softness.

when i was in italy i went to the tanneries and got to see how they apply color coats to hides to get irredecent colors and stuff, before they make bags out of the hides. it was really amazing! it seems like this color, although in some lights looks almost like a matte mocha color, is layered with like a lighter taupe underneath and then toned down with a darker shade of taupe over it.

i paint and the only thing i can compare it to, since i have never seen any leather like this on a bag before, is like glazes in oil paintings....where the under-painting shows through. i like the smooth leather (nappa) that was sold at boutiques and photographed in the holiday book for neiman marcus....but i LOVE mine in the "icey" leather. i think its adds a subtle luxury to it, since its a more toned down color. the nappa seems more like a flat color and i'd assume it would scratch. i have seen several other companies bags in a nappa type leather and once its scratched, there's nothing you can really do but wait for it to blend in.

02-11-2005
front row

hey guys!! i just got a chance to take pics of my new bag that i bought last week and just wanted to share - i love this one!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ghurka.jpg (319.4 KB, 43 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
200, 2005, bag, july, october, purchases