How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-08-2005
fashion elite

Thanks meow I will check it out ...but we almost finish our winter here and spring is olny couple of days away.

I wear a lot of suits( jacket & pants) during working day and jeans & tee and boho style on the weekend.
Summer is coming here do you thing this bag can be carried in summer... for a more casual look. I'm not sure but really like it and want it to work with my wardrobe without changing too much.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

Last edited by klow-chloe'; 28-08-2005 at 11:40 PM.

28-08-2005
front row

That grey tweed dress is sold out quickly on NAP!!!

28-08-2005
backstage pass

Adore the bag...but will sit out this season in anticipation of the next. Would love to know from the fashionable pioneers of the Novak, when and after they have gotten the bag, what the usage verdict would be like first...

28-08-2005
V.I.P.

klow, there are a lot of light, sheer chiffon tops with victorian details out now that you could wear with a light cami underneath, paired with jeans for a transitional look for spring. if it's still cold, you could always throw a neutral colored blazer on.... or even just jeans and a white or cream safari style blouse.

Last edited by meowmix; 28-08-2005 at 11:53 PM.
28-08-2005
backstage pass

For a more casual take on the bag...
I think it would look superb with jeans, fabulous heels and a nice funky, feminine top for dressier events. For a more relaxed look, the bag would be fab with jeans and singlets...a simple outfit for the bag to get the attention !!! Also with slim pencil skirts and singlets...it'll be fab for that more casual Hitchcock femme fatale look ...

29-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siesta
Novak from T.
Thanks for the pic!

I looked at the NYT site and noticed, unlike the other items & bags, they didn't put the price of the bag! aaargh....putting the price would have helped us determine if the leather part is croc or regular leather.

Now that we know the croc/canvas is coming in the medium/larger size, I'm gonna ask the boutique AGAIN what the full range is. I think I'm starting to drive them nuts with my daily update calls.

29-08-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
klow, there are a lot of light, sheer chiffon tops with victorian details out now that you could wear with a light cami underneath, paired with jeans for a transitional look for spring. if it's still cold, you could always throw a neutral colored blazer on.... or even just jeans and a white or cream safari style blouse.
Thanks meow for the idea. Yay I could see myself pull it off with those recommended styles.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

29-08-2005
front row

What about a place where it's hot and sunny all year round - what could I wear with casual clothes - would it go with jeans and sandals ?

29-08-2005
V.I.P.

for the red, i could see it paired with a simple white crewneck tee, rolled up jeans, simple flats and white sunglasses...
for the brown, it depends on your style... but the easiest way to keep it casual is to start off with a simple "canvas" of a good tee and jeans and pair it with fun earth toned sandals and maybe a funky necklace.

29-08-2005
front row

thanks meowmix - sounds great. are you also thinking of getting the bag ?

29-08-2005
V.I.P.

you're welcome.. and yes i am! although i want to hold off on any decisions until i see pictures of the green leather one...

30-08-2005
just unlock my mind

Whew, finally, here are the shots from wwd

Also, my preorder for the red was confirmed by NAP just in time this morning!

Pictures from WWD Accessories Magazine, scanned by yours truly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg novakwwdcover.jpg.jpg (399.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg brownnovakwwd.jpg.jpg (260.6 KB, 58 views)

30-08-2005
Power to the 99%

Much better WWD Accessories cover this time ... and that green croc looks great I must say, though, spending car kinda money on a bag gives me a great deal of pause ...I love love love croc, but I just don't know whether I'll ever be able to justify it ...

30-08-2005
just unlock my mind

I completely understand about the car price tag... but hell it's less than that croc kelly I've been dreaming about owning someday

I think someday I'd like to own the croc, and since all signs point to mcqueen making this a signature bag that will reappear for many seasons down the road, for now I'll just sit back and wait for a black or rougue hermes-ish color to come out After all, a great croc bag will always be in style.

30-08-2005
Adorable illusion

Thats a great scan of the WWD cover. The Novak looks so elegant and ladylike in croc.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mcqueen, novak