How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-08-2005
front row

Why does it have to be so gorgeous?!

30-08-2005
Of too many minds

Ah, still in two minds over this bag. What I like about this bag is it's structured shape but I am suppose to be on a bag budget now.

But I must admit, the dark brown does look dreamy, like chocolate...

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
30-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_mie
Whew, finally, here are the shots from wwd

Also, my preorder for the red was confirmed by NAP just in time this morning!

Pictures from WWD Accessories Magazine, scanned by yours truly.
Thanks for the AWESOME photos La Mie.

You've made my life more difficult though ....I had already decided not to get the croc Novak (just the leather version, but I want it in a bold color) and wait for my croc Kelly, but seeing those pictures has rewhet my appetite.

30-08-2005
V.I.P.

oh the croc looks GORGEOUS in that picture la mie posted... thanks! *drool*

30-08-2005
just unlock my mind

Glad everyone likes them, I figured I'd share the wealth since I got the issue for free from a nice SA at neiman :p

Plus scanning allowed me to look at the details more closely than in the actual magazine

Last edited by la_mie; 30-08-2005 at 11:01 PM.
31-08-2005
front row

Chocolate is sold out on NAP, for now. Kinda regret didn't get on the list earlier. It's so beautiful! Red is stunning as well, but might be too much for me.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Novak Choco.bmp (233.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Novak Red.jpg (233.2 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by pasfoti; 31-08-2005 at 08:55 AM.
31-08-2005
just unlock my mind

Say hello to the proud new owner of one sexy red bag~

Seiously though, thank you sooo so much to those that posted about preordering on NAP, without your awesome know-how, I probably would have missed my chance to get it! As soon as I finish posting, there will be some overdue karma distributed

31-08-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

how does one pre-order on NAP? Am so not familiar with this

31-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Say hello to the proud new owner of one sexy red bag~

Seiously though, thank you sooo so much to those that posted about preordering on NAP, without your awesome know-how, I probably would have missed my chance to get it! As soon as I finish posting, there will be some overdue karma distributed
La Mie - I'm so thrilled for you ! Please tell us what you think when you see it IRL. I am still undecided if it's really my style but I'm sure it'll be fabulous on you ! :p

31-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
how does one pre-order on NAP? Am so not familiar with this
You just write to specialorders@net-a-porter.com seems like a new thing they are doing where you can pre-reserve a bag and you have 48 hours to decide if you want it, after which they will release it.

31-08-2005
just unlock my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerale
La Mie - I'm so thrilled for you ! Please tell us what you think when you see it IRL. I am still undecided if it's really my style but I'm sure it'll be fabulous on you ! :p
Thanks so much! I will be sure to post pics and my review, hopefully on monday evening, when I arrive back at my apartment.

Now I just need a perfect matching shoe, according to that article in wwd I posted Anyone know of a beautiful round toe or peep toe red pump? Is McQueen making one? I felt like everything on the runway was kim novak-esque bone all the way, but then I saw the gold and leopard ones on NAP and I started to wonder about it... maybe I should post a shoe thread over there?

Also, I forgot to say that NAP's special orders lady, Lucie, was very polite, and seemed to answer special orders email every weekday at around midmorning for me, which I suppose would be midafternoon for her since NAP is in London.

31-08-2005
V.I.P.

eeek still not sure if i should pass up my brown preorder...

31-08-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
I completely understand about the car price tag... but hell it's less than that croc kelly I've been dreaming about owning someday

I think someday I'd like to own the croc, and since all signs point to mcqueen making this a signature bag that will reappear for many seasons down the road, for now I'll just sit back and wait for a black or rougue hermes-ish color to come out After all, a great croc bag will always be in style.
Thank God for Hermes' prices, they enable us to justify nearly anything else I guess I prolly will spring for croc ... one of these days ... my dream would be to find something vintage that I like more than anything new for much less money

Enjoy your Novak

31-08-2005
just unlock my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
eeek still not sure if i should pass up my brown preorder...
I think the brown is gorgeous, although that said, If there were no red, or equally appealing classic but vibrant color (like perhaps the green if it's a nice shade...), I almost definately would not have bought it. To me, without either the croc or the color, the bag is not as much of a standout.

I don't know if that helps your decision at all, but I hope the right bag finds it's way to you

31-08-2005
fashion elite

la_mie congrats! I've decided to pass up my pre-ordered for the time being. Would you be able to confirm if the actual bag at the top area next to the zipper on both sides are bending. From NAP picture it looks like it is but it could be the lighting.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mcqueen, novak