How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_mie
Well, my bag is sitting here next to me...

I really think I might return it. The bag arrive with *very* noticable marks from having been stored with the handles pressing against the body of the bag, there are two small niks in the front of the bag, and the leather on the top of the bag on the back side is all uneven and bumpy. Plus, there is a small discoloration the back handle near the hardware.

I admit this is my first time spending quite this much on a bag, but for almost $1300, shouldn't it be perfect? I have looked over my moms bags very closely and never noticed even the smallest of imperfections. And even if it weren't for the things I've pointed out... I dunno, it just seems like something that ought to have cost no more than half what it did.

Ugh... the more I look at it, the more imperfections I notice. The only things that seem "perfect" about it are the stitching and the design. I admit that it still looks pretty nice on me, but I don't think that's enough to justify keeping it. I'll take pictures later when my mom arrives with my camera, and see what she has to say.
Sorry to hear that! If you're not 100% happy, just return it. The McQueen SA did warn me that it's the type of leather that is pretty high maintenance - i.e. it may get nicks and scratches pretty easily. Didn't think it was that sensitive.

07-09-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I agree with Taitai, even if the bag is beautiful, you deserve to have one in great condition to begin with. If you are truly buying it for design and quality and not because it is an of the moment bag, I would return it.

NAP seems to be fine with Novak's....while i was there yesterday they obviously had updated their stock and they were possible to order.

07-09-2005
trendsetter

I like the dark chocolate brown novak in croc. Lovely!!

Still, the Novak is not for me. I am not into structured bags *at all*. Having said that, I would love to see bags of posters. Been seeing lots of ads.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare2711
I like the dark chocolate brown novak in croc. Lovely!!

Still, the Novak is not for me. I am not into structured bags *at all*. Having said that, I would love to see bags of posters. Been seeing lots of ads.
i'm normally not into structured bags either--love slouchy bags.
but there's something about this bag that really attracts me.
i am seriously considering this bag!

07-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
I do order a lot of designer stuffs including bags from NAP and I never once find a problem with my bags or other stuffs.
you're one of the lucky ones then.

my last order was from NAP, and my paddy wasn't perfect. there was a small
nick on the lock but i decided to keep it.

07-09-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I just can't get over the hardware on this bag...every time i see it i think of jimmy choo....so that is a constant drawback for me....

09-09-2005
just unlock my mind

So, I decided to keep it. I talked it over and inspected it for three days on and off with my mom and we really thought that with the firmness of the leather, it wasn't going to be much different even if I tried to get a new one, and the more I looked well... In the end I felt such a tug against the idea of letting it leave and reasoned that I'm a clumsy girl and it would only stay perfect for 2 seconds even if I did find a perfect one.

So... hopefully I'll get a chance to take pictures soon I carried it for the first time today and I really felt like a princess.

10-09-2005
fashion elite

la_mie congrats hope you enjoy carrying it

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

11-09-2005
Adorable illusion

I just saw one on ebay, its the brown leather version and its currently 530...reserve still not met yet. Its a gorgeous bag in croc but its not really my style.

15-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_mie
So, I decided to keep it. I talked it over and inspected it for three days on and off with my mom and we really thought that with the firmness of the leather, it wasn't going to be much different even if I tried to get a new one, and the more I looked well... In the end I felt such a tug against the idea of letting it leave and reasoned that I'm a clumsy girl and it would only stay perfect for 2 seconds even if I did find a perfect one.

So... hopefully I'll get a chance to take pictures soon I carried it for the first time today and I really felt like a princess.
La Mie, Milan sent my red leather Novak and it had some scratches!! There were tiny, surface scratches but right in front near the twist lock. And also the back section looked a bit too stretched (the part that stretches when you open the bag, am sure you know which part I'm talking about)

I am really picky about these things so I sent the bag back to get a newer one but they explained it's normal for the bags to have surface nicks given the quality of the leather.

That said, it is a BEAUTIFUL bag!!!!!!!!

15-09-2005
fashion elite

taitai, how does the leather compare to hermes box, which is also prone to scratches (but still not so fragile that I ever received a brand new bag already with scratches!)

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
taitai, how does the leather compare to hermes box, which is also prone to scratches (but still not so fragile that I ever received a brand new bag already with scratches!)
It's quite close to box actually. But thicker, harder and stiffer. I wouldn't have minded one small scuff but this one was right in front, I can imagine that someone scratched it while twisting the lock.

Interesting that you should mention Hermes, because this is the kind of bag that reminds me of a kelly in the sense that you would wear the Novak with the same kind of outfits that you would with a kelly. I was in Rome this week and saw 2-3 women carrying the Novak and it is a dressy bag and it kind of "dresses" up an outfit.

I really love the bag, it is as beautiful in real life as I had expected so I am still planning to get the red.

15-09-2005
just unlock my mind

whew, I am so busy @_@ but yes, it is really a showstopper in person, and I feel like it really adds a touch of dressyness and class to an outfit. I bought saddle soap and it has even helped with the stretch marks on the aforementioned bag openy part. The bag just took on a whole new glow so now I know I can just soap her up when she needs a lift

And damnit, I have yet to see a single other lady carrying it and I really kind of want to. Not that I want to see myself coming and going, but I just want to see the effect of it on the street. I see some curious and possibly envious looks, but very few looks of recognition, which imo makes it all the more wonderful, because we've all had that omg what bag is THAT moment.

15-09-2005
trendsetter

^^^^
One woman was wearing a suit, bag looked stunning on her. Another was more casually dressed and it also looked fantastic on her. The medium seems like the more popular size and red the more popular (or common) color.

23-09-2005
Power to the 99%

Have you guys seen the green croc Novak in the Oct Bazaar's best accessories layout? It is goooorgeous ... I was sitting there looking at it, thinking, What could I do with green?? I have virtually no green in my wardrobe, but this green is *really* beautiful ...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mcqueen, novak