How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-07-2005
backstage pass

Too Gucci for me

20-07-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klow-chloe'
Wow! finally someone has seen the bag. I'm fall in love with this bag when I first saw the pic of the brown croc in Vogue UK, AUG issue. I'm trying to lacate one from the local boutiques but they have not confirmed me that they will be bringing this bag in. I guess probably they are limited in production. I hope you would be able to get one then you can post more pic for us.
I'm not holding my breath that I am going to get a call anytime soon. I tried calling the McQueen stores in London & Milan and they were both non commital.

I was actually going to ask the wearer where she got her bag but she was on her cell phone the entire time.

Btw, the hardware in the taupe/blue version is kind of different from the pictures. It's tarnished and darker in person.

21-07-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't like the shape of the hardware...too jimmy choo. this bag is way hyped but I just don't like it.

21-07-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
I don't like the shape of the hardware...too jimmy choo. this bag is way hyped but I just don't like it.
Yeah, it reminds me of Jimmy Choo bags too.....

front row

I love it, esp. the croc. Its very film noir. I can see it being carried by a femme fatal in an old 40s B detective film. But I personally love that era and style.

21-07-2005
V.I.P.

I like it, but it's too expensive. I believe that it's around $13,000, right?

21-07-2005
fashion elite

That's probably the price of the croc one. They also come in leather and tweed which are cheaper. But the croc is the most beautiful out of them.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

21-07-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner8675309
I love it, esp. the croc. Its very film noir. I can see it being carried by a femme fatal in an old 40s B detective film. But I personally love that era and style.
The girl carrying the croc Novak I saw was in jeans, couldn't have been more than 24. THE BAG looked awesome with her very casual (but very chic) outfit. I think the bag would look good with any outfit.

31-07-2005
backstage pass

I like this bag alot - i also saw it at the very end of the UK Vogue August.
I was wondering if anyone has seen it in tweed? or has any pictures to share of it in tweed? Because i really love what McQueen has been doing with tweed this season! but i haven't seen this bag in tweed yet...

trendsetter

The Novak is included in Vogue's September MUST HAVE's. There's a photo of the brown croc version.

21-08-2005
just unlock my mind

Damnit I really want it Anyone been successful in getting one so far?

21-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_mie
Damnit I really want it Anyone been successful in getting one so far?
Nope
I've been calling the McQueen boutique in London. They have my name down but they made it clear, NO promises because they're getting the bags in such limited pieces. With the Vogue Sept. article, it's probably gonna be even more difficult to get the bag.

The London boutique quoted the price for the croc as 6,400 GPB.

22-08-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader
thats not bad. i would have liked it more if it was shorter but wider

i agree. it looks like a bowling bag at the moment, and most likely a bottomless pit of a purse

22-08-2005
backstage pass

klow_chloe...thanks for starting a thread on this bag!!! I was just thinking about the bag last weekend when i saw it in one of the mags!!!

Would love to see one IRL to see if my heart does a flip or a flop !!! I love rigid, structured bags and this is definitely one of them. It is seriously vintage inspired. Without a doubt, the crocodiles look the best. Just like with most bags, the exotic skins look the best. However, personally, the only bag I would currently consider investing in a crocodile one would be a Birkin, Kelly or Constance .

While seemingly unique, the bag does look like a hybrid of Gucci and Pradawith a contemporary vintage flair. The fairly fussy details i.e. bamboo-like handle, twist lock, the wide vertical and the narrow horizontal leather piece with the rectangular hardware hold them together may work against it as being a bag that could survive on its own. Perhaps a dose of "limited edition/quantities" and a dash of the "celebrity-endorsement" may catapult the bag into longevity status....!?!?!?!

22-08-2005
trendsetter

Snippet from Daily Mail's article titled "THE WAITING LISTERS"
(**ps...they got the price of the croc Novak wrong! )

--------------------
Big designer brands, meanwhile, foster the advance feeding-frenzy by inviting favoured customers to 'trunk' shows -- a concept imported from the U.S., in which clients are plied with champagne and treated to a sneak preview of the season's key offerings.
Those who are already in on the pre-ordering secret point to the other advantages. If, for example, you are going to spend 500-plus on a hot new handbag or boots, you might as well land your prize as early in the season as possible, in order to get maximum wear from it.

Moreover, shopping in such a targeted way, they claim, means that you are less likely to make mistakes.

With the economy stalling, house prices stagnating and High Street sales at their lowest in six years, you could be forgiven for thinking that queuing for luxury items was a thing of the past.

But you would be wrong. If anything, the bar has been raised, since it is often the stratospherically expensive items that sell out the fastest and command the most impressive lists.

This season, for example, there are already queues at Harvey Nichols for the 500-plus crocodile ' Novak' bag -- an elegant, Fifties-style design from Alexander McQueen's debut handbag collection.

An even bigger trophy is McQueen's Fifties-style ruby red satin dress. The dress, which will cost approximately 7,500, is due to arrive at the Bond Street store in September and there are people on the waiting list already.

Not surprisingly, some items sell out -- or have already been assigned to prescient customers -- before they even hit the shops.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mcqueen, novak