How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-08-2006
scenester

OMG!!! the first pic is TOOOOO HUGEEEE. it's like a suitcase :p
but i love big bags, the biggest bag i carry everyday is a chloed edith large. and i'm getting a big marni bag as big as balenciaga weekender

09-08-2006
V.I.P.

^ post pics of the marni!

You can see a suitcase in the mary kate pic so it's safe to assume she's at the airport and thats just a carry on.

09-08-2006
fashion elite

guess - you are right I saw a set of that picture. She definately was travelling to some where. The other pictures I saw show more details and her friends also carry their ruggages.

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

10-08-2006
backstage pass

Yay. I like being able to carry a lot of things around and I don't like the look of a stuffed bag.

10-08-2006
V.I.P.

I looove big bags, seriously, I can't stand small bags and I think they look bad on me 'cuz I'm very tall and I think that small bags make me look...bigger.

10-08-2006
tailored

i also carry around a bigger bag everyday for utilitarian purposes, but there's a difference between a big bag and an oversized bag...

the bag i carry everyday is usually the size of a balenciaga city (15x10) or marc jacobs stella (17x12), or something similar...
unless i'm carrying my laptop...
both of these bags could be considered "big"...

something like the balenciaga work (13x18) or the oversized muse (13x17) also seem fine...
again "big" but not "huge"...

i think carrying a bag the size of the weekender (15x21) can be overpowering on some people...
if you're short and thin, the bag will definitely overwhelm you if it's full of stuff...
that's when i think things get ridiculous...

front row

i definitely am into oversize bags vs a big bag. it has to be oversize to not look "boring" for lack of a better word. a big bag looks and is "useful", an oversize bag is somewhat there just for the aesthetic of it. but i agree with Melisande, i hate fishing around for things too. oversize bags should come with their own flashlights. i'm working on that...

V.I.P.

^ There are actually litle flashlight things avalible fo ryour bags. I think it's called purse bright.

10-08-2006
front row

^no way guessgirl!! that's too funny! i just end up buying obnoxious colored wallets to find in my bigger bags.. have to say in general that i'm a big bag girl as well even though i tend not to have that much with me (wallet, cosmetic bag, cell, pda).. i just like the thought of being able to throw whatever i need in my bag and not having to worry about fitting it all in..

10-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drel39
^no way guessgirl!! that's too funny! i just end up buying obnoxious colored wallets to find in my bigger bags.. have to say in general that i'm a big bag girl as well even though i tend not to have that much with me (wallet, cosmetic bag, cell, pda).. i just like the thought of being able to throw whatever i need in my bag and not having to worry about fitting it all in..
Here it is

https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vc...anizer/180906/

It comes with an organizer, but personally I think the organizer would get in the way more than help.

11-08-2006
rising star

Well, I certainly prefer a large bag to a small or even medium sized bag, because of what I carry on a day-to-day basis. My usual work bag is a MJ Stella, which is a nice large tote, but not ridiculously large.

11-08-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96
^ There are actually litle flashlight things avalible fo ryour bags. I think it's called purse bright.
perfect! there were also those purses, sort of a clutch that when you opened it the inside was flooded with light. i can't remember where in theworld i saw them.

11-08-2006
slightly dizzy

I saw a gorgeous, although a bit eurotrashy, huge miumiu bag today in black leather with gold harware... I figured I could use it as a gym bag or something, but since you're not allowed hand baggage on US bound flights atm I resisted. I don't really like the idea of buying a bag I can't see or use for a month...

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny_boho
I looove big bags, seriously, I can't stand small bags and I think they look bad on me 'cuz I'm very tall and I think that small bags make me look...bigger.
agreed...at 6ft tall w/o shoes and size 16...i look ridiculous with small bags...i love the oversize trend!

12-08-2006
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair
i also carry around a bigger bag everyday for utilitarian purposes, but there's a difference between a big bag and an oversized bag...

the bag i carry everyday is usually the size of a balenciaga city (15x10) or marc jacobs stella (17x12), or something similar...
unless i'm carrying my laptop...
both of these bags could be considered "big"...

something like the balenciaga work (13x18) or the oversized muse (13x17) also seem fine...
again "big" but not "huge"...

i think carrying a bag the size of the weekender (15x21) can be overpowering on some people...
if you're short and thin, the bag will definitely overwhelm you if it's full of stuff...
that's when i think things get ridiculous...
i totally agree ...
and i think that if you are 5'8" or taller...
then this would never apply to you...as proportionally you would always look better with a bigger bag which would suit your frame...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, discussion, nay, oversized, yay