How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-05-2004
windowshopping

My friend swears that this place sells authentic bags. I have looked at their stuff, but haven't seen any claims of them being real or fake. Anyone buy their stuff before? My friend bought what she claims is a Gucci. It hasn't arrived yet so I haven't seen it myself.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PA..._ID=7&STL_ID=28

overstock.com

09-05-2004
front row

Here is what they claim:

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?SE...CPAGE&PAGE_ID=5

09-05-2004
windowshopping

I don't know about handbags, but I heard something long long ago about fake Tiffany's jewelry being sold off of this site. I personally wouldn't trust sites like this and Ashford.com ( almost bought a fake Prada wallet from them).

09-05-2004
windowshopping

I heard something on another board that the Burberry bags and scarves were fake as well...hmmm.

Although they do have fab prices on other items, I bought an ABS dress for a little over 50 dollars and they are STILL going for over 150 everywhere else.

09-05-2004
windowshopping

Yeah I definitely wouldn't get designer handbags from them, sheets maybe...

10-05-2004
front row

They used to sell a Gucci watch that I liked for over 50% off its retail price, and I almost bought it from them if it wasn't for some complication regarding international shipping. From the pictures provided that watch was definitely authentic, though that's no guarantee the actual product they mail out would be as well.

They also sell a lot of Sergio Rossi shoes at insane prices, and certainly, what's being depicted is certainly authentic.

And I've noticed that whenever they have a particular designer item in stock, usually the very same item would also appear on eBay being sold by reputable sellers, making me suspect that the two may share common sources of inventory. It'd strike me as rather odd that such a rather large and well-known site would be selling fakes.

10-05-2004
Fierce Flava

Quote:
Originally posted by Orochian@May 9th, 2004 - 9:42 pm
It'd strike me as rather odd that such a rather large and well-known site would be selling fakes.
That's what I was about to say...a big site like this would have been patrolled, right? Fakes are illegal and wouldnt government step in so they can have a big bust on stopping a fake seller?

10-05-2004
V.I.P.

they really stock ODD stuff.
its all real old season or stuff that noone else can sell.
the designer stuff is minimal and what they have is not that brilliant to be quite honest.
go to Gucci or Fendi in the sale and you get 50% off everything.
the Burberry they sell looks different because its the collections from years and years ago.. when Burberry wasnt that hyped! the pattern and the shape of bags werent that "trendy" yet. however there are a few exceptions

basically its stuff that noone really wants. Overstock buys the stock off the wholesellers and puts it on their site. ET VOILą

i wouldnt buy anything off them so im happy either way

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
10-05-2004
scenester

DONT. BUY. FROM. OVERSTOCK.

My husband bought me a Tiffany heart pendant that was advertised as AUTHENTIC Tiffany but it turned out to be a fake.. a very poorly imitated fake - dents, uneven shape, lacklustre silver. We returned it and got twice the amount back. Don't shop at Overstock for anything other than CDs, books, games, or bedsheets.

11-05-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by baggi@May 10th, 2004 - 3:32 pm

My husband bought me a Tiffany heart pendant that was advertised as AUTHENTIC Tiffany but it turned out to be a fake.. a very poorly imitated fake - dents, uneven shape, lacklustre silver. We returned it and got twice the amount back. Don't shop at Overstock for anything other than CDs, books, games, or bedsheets.
That made me buy something from them and return it

11-05-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by brassai@May 9th, 2004 - 10:50 pm
Ashford.com ( almost bought a fake Prada wallet from them).
ASHFORD.COM SELLS FAKE STUFF? can anyone else confirm?!

scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by Purr+May 11th, 2004 - 5:15 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Purr @ May 11th, 2004 - 5:15 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-baggi@May 10th, 2004 - 3:32 pm

That made me buy something from them and return it [/b][/quote]
Hehe.. they only did that because they received many complaints from customers getting fakes and they were afraid of getting sued by Tiffany. They never once did admit to selling fakes though.

11-05-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeijames+May 11th, 2004 - 10:53 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikeijames @ May 11th, 2004 - 10:53 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-brassai@May 9th, 2004 - 10:50 pm
Ashford.com ( almost bought a fake Prada wallet from them).
ASHFORD.COM SELLS FAKE STUFF? can anyone else confirm?! [/b][/quote]
I don't know if I was the only case but the Prada wallet I got definitely looked fake because the zipper pull was very fake looking and of a generic brand.

20-04-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassai
ASHFORD.COM SELLS FAKE STUFF? can anyone else confirm?! [/b]
I don't know if I was the only case but the Prada wallet I got definitely looked fake because the zipper pull was very fake looking and of a generic brand.[/QUOTE]

I bought a prada handbag from Ashford.com last week. I'm returning it back because it doesn't look real. It's supposed to have leather trims but they don't look or smell like leather. Also the trims have tiny spots of glue.
The hardware definetely doesnt look like in the picture online. The chain looks very dull nothing like the shiny, bright one online.

21-04-2005
rising star

smartbargains.com is actually selling some of the Luella Giseles in various sizes right now. Dunno if it's real or not. I'm assuming they are.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, overstockcom, real